PDA

View Full Version : Help in Flagstaff

blackeyedt
08-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Hello all... Just thought I would ask on our forum if anyone can recommend a shop in Flagstaff to switch a starter in my son's "94 Firebird...I can't get up there to do it..I was told of an old 4WD Shop up there that is now called Accu-Brake (franchise??) on Route 66... Was told they were good and honest, can't ask for more than that ! Any recommendations or ideas?? Thx, Bob J :confused:

Huck
08-25-2004, 04:03 PM
I know of the shop from my years in Flag. I've got no experience with them and never heard any bad things about them. There's also a Napa repair shop close to that off of 66/Milton. I've heard good things about it. I always tackled those repairs myself. Good luck with getting a good deal on a new starter. One thing I would recommend, is to purchase the starter first and then just pay for the install. That way they can't over charge for the starter.
JMHO,
Huck

blackeyedt
08-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks Huck... Found out today, (my father-in-law, a retired Ford Mechanic) went up to check it out... Running real rough, White Smoke, Low coolant = Blown Head Gasket or Cracked Head... Found a good Shop, I hope, R&R on 89 north of town, through another friend. Since it happened real quick, after driving up to Flag last Weekend, I'm hoping it's just the gasket... who knows? Thx for your info, Bob J