PDA

View Full Version : My legs and America's breasts need your help!

amber.hodge
09-29-2010, 09:03 AM
UPDATED 9/30/10 @ 0840 HRS:

Hey all!

I'm signed up to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure in November. Every person has to raise $2300.00 to participate. I am currently at $1,430.00 after the sale and a self donation (since I did it as a check it is lagging showing up)

Still need to come up with 870.00

I said my legs need your help because this event is a crazy work out for me - the event itself is 60 miles of walking over 3 days - plus all of the training walks leading up to it.

I said America's breasts need your help because the proceeds go to screening, treatment and research for breast cancer...not only does this save breasts, but the people they are attached to as well.

Here is a link to my personal page on the Susan G. Komen site:

http://www.the3day.org/goto/SSGAmberHodge

Even the smallest donated amounts such as donations of $5, $10, or $20 ALL HELP! Plus, they are tax deductable!

AZLugz
09-29-2010, 09:32 AM
We are trying to get everything together to bring over, haven't forgotten, just have several places to dig it out of!!!

amber.hodge
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I know, Bill - I cannot thank you enough for helping out with the charity benefit sale with donated items!!! I'm getting really nervous with it only being a month away. I've walked hundreds of miles preparing for this and I don't want it to be for not! :O)

amber.hodge
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
If 45 people donated $20.00 I would be able to walk :O)

ob1jeeper
09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Best of luck and wishes for this Amber... Very commendable cause indeed...;)

PS: Glad to see you back posting here...;)

amber.hodge
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Thank you, Steve - Well, a very big thank you! Ben and I were talking and we may make that Saturday run another Crown King one just to see you!! :O)

amber.hodge
09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
In trying to keep this thread under 100 posts, I'm just going to start updating the first post on current up-to-date information. :)

amber.hodge
10-06-2010, 07:57 AM
updated first post....The sale made some money and a teammate is having a sale with the left overs in a week at her place. Between the sale and a self donation, I am sending in a check for 400.00 which puts me at still over 800.00 away.

khalgren77
10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Good luck with your walk Amber! I'd donate but I'm walking/rolling also!!! I know what ya mean being nervous- I'm about $800 away as well...we'll do it tho!! Do you have a facebook page? Post there...I've gotten a couple donations from there...this is my 2nd yr ...walked last yr although I wasn't able to walk/roll all 60- I'm in a power wheelchair and my dang batteries messed up but am hoping we have it this year! Generator and all! Maybe we'll see each other along the walk- I'm the easy one to spot- chunky momma in a red powerchair..LOL...my page is here if you want to see- www.the3day.org/goto/Karen.Halgren