PDA

View Full Version : Local Auto Shop Warning

Rick Latrani
08-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Interesting read about a local auto shop

http://forum.1320stangs.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

azdesertrhino
08-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Never heard of AMP but I live in Tucson. Sure is scarey that people like that are allowed in business, if this is a accurate portrayal (which I assume it is)! :eek:

Flexy
08-03-2004, 10:01 PM

ROFLMAO... AMP...Thats such OLD news.... I was in the street racing scene BEFORE they were "AMP" when they were All Mustang. They were just as bad, If not worse then!!! I could tell you MANY stories from 1996-2000 about that place. I USED to have a friend that worked there, and It was the "big" joke he would tell me on how the owners screwed people. I am glad to see that nothing changes.....maybe thats why the name is different....:)

Joe

OlneyJeeps
08-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Just for SAG forwarded to Ford research and development engineer (we still talk because I pity Ford owners :D )

AZJeeps
08-04-2004, 03:07 AM
I read a good amount of that post...very interesting. That goes to show you how much power the internet has in todays world. I am amazed at how fast it can spread, like a virus if you think about it, but this was done by people and was not an automatic generation.

JamesT
08-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Thanks... I have talked to them about some srevice on my Cobra. At that time their prices were a bit high.

1BLKJP
08-04-2004, 05:30 PM
That place is right by my office. Always wondered why it was never very busy. Guess now I know why.

jeepin_al
08-04-2004, 05:33 PM
sounds dirtbaggish to me, and like a little too much corroberating stories to not have some truth to it. Thankfully I don't own a mustang and so I would never run into a situation there, but sadly I am sure there are jeep places with similar ownership. Hope the guy at least gets his money out of it, even if he doesn't get the pound of flesh he deserves for them trashing his mustang.

BRUZR
08-05-2004, 09:14 AM

Where is this place located? I used to work at a VW Junkyard on 40th St (between I-10 and University) that was next to a Mustang place... The guys there were *****holes then... Is this the same place, or is it just a "Mustang Thing" that none of US understand?!! :D

1BLKJP
08-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Dan, it's on University about a block or so west of the 143.

Beastmaster
08-05-2004, 10:15 PM
These guys are morons. I tried to order some Corbeau racing harnesses from them (for another 4x4 that I own) a few months back. I got all the part numbers from Corbeau's customer service department and even verified that I could purchase the combinations that I wanted through them.

Went to AMP, was told outright that Corbeau didn't know what they were doing, and that they couldn't order what I needed.

Went to an online racing store, got what I needed (Schroth Harnesses instead), and someone else ended up with my business.

Needless to say - I'm never going back there.

Antman
08-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Sometime I wonder if places like that aren't just a front for laundering drug money. I know a guy who has a satellite tv place and i never see a customer or know anyone who has used him. :cool: