PDA

View Full Version : Parvo

Fire Ball
05-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Parvo is pretty hot right now. PLEASE make sure your pets are vaccinated. Put down 3 with parvo in 2 days. (not mine)

If $$$ is a problem, you can do your own. I will help you if you want. I can teach you to do it or do it for you.

Parvo is probably the worst way a dog can die other than maybe heart worm.

ademster
05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I rescued a Dog when I was young... she was a beautiful all white Samoyed... Didn't know a few things about her... as time went on, my mom realized she was Prego..
we took her to the vet to make sure everything was good. found out she had Parvo and sadly the puppies could potentially catch parvo from the mother.

well weeks went by she became weak and alot more sick... throwing up etc, not eating properly.. but she gave birth to 6 pups, 1 the mom killed ( was told this is sometimes common for first time deliveries ) and the other 5 were alive, we took them away from mom as advised by the vet.. took them in and they all had clean bill of health.
the mom sadly 2 weeks after giving birth died cause of the parvo. what it did do the dog was very sad.. but somehow she had the strength to continue on through out the pregnancy... We kept one of the pups ( imagine this if you can ) a Samoyed mix with German Sheppard. talk about a Beautiful dog. the pup we kept lived to be 15 years old.

sorry for the hi-jack. I miss my "Lady"

RokNRich
05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I've taken in a stray for about a month now, doubt he's had any shots at all, still has his manhood hanging, could you help me out with getting him all squared away Bill ? I've thought about trying to find a home for him, but I'm kinda getting attached to him....

Thanks

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/roknrich/Girls052.jpg

GOTMTNS
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I've taken in a stray for about a month now, doubt he's had any shots at all, still has his manhood hanging, could you help me out with getting him all squared away Bill ? I've thought about trying to find a home for him, but I'm kinda getting attached to him....

Thanks

Can't blame you for getting attached, he was a sweet and friendly little guy.

Fire Ball
05-24-2010, 07:54 AM
There is a van that comes to AJ animal control on Tuesdays. They do neuters for like $80. shots from them are $35 for DHPP and Bordetello. If you don't want to spend the $35, you can do your own for about $10 or less.

He is sure a cute little guy.

The web site for the mobile clinic is

http://mashvet.net/

I looked and they have openings on Tuesday and Wednesday, you can make the appointment right on line and get all the info you need.

BTW, rabies is pretty bad now too and the rabies has to be given by a vet or through animal control. I think AJ only does AJ residents, you might have to go through Pinal county or Maricopa, depending on where you live.

Fire Ball
05-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh, and after 4 days, that dog is yours :) Congratulations dad :)

AZLugz
05-24-2010, 09:53 AM
We have taken in a lot of rescues and strays, Bill is so right ....keep your "kids" up on all there shots, its really hard to watch them die slowly from any illness.

oxdriver
05-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Thanks

Hey, cool!! I got a Chihuahua\Pit mix that looks just like that but with different colors!! Ours is faun and white... with a pink nose!

Fire Ball
05-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Rich, you still need anything for your pup?

RokNRich
05-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I haven't done anything but go to work and wrench on the buggy all week, he still needs everything........or a home....I really can't take care of him very well, not home much at all........

txctygl
05-27-2010, 11:39 PM
There is a van that comes to AJ animal control on Tuesdays. They do neuters for like $80. shots from them are $35 for DHPP and Bordetello. If you don't want to spend the $35, you can do your own for about $10 or less.

He is sure a cute little guy.

The web site for the mobile clinic is

http://mashvet.net/

I looked and they have openings on Tuesday and Wednesday, you can make the appointment right on line and get all the info you need.

BTW, rabies is pretty bad now too and the rabies has to be given by a vet or through animal control. I think AJ only does AJ residents, you might have to go through Pinal county or Maricopa, depending on where you live.

thanks for the good info...i have 2 dogs and am adopting my third in two weeks...first thing, spay (when she is old enough) ,,she was born because the owners dont believe in this practice and have more dogs than they can care for...getting shots can be pricey, i was just thinking about it as she is a puppy and will need boosters as well...here is one of my kids

Fire Ball
05-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Puppies get their imune system from momma. After about 8 weeks, these antibodies drop off and they need shots. Ususally 3 to 4 weeks after till about 16 weeks old. Then anually.

Shots are not that expensive. I can't charge to give them but I am more than willing to help and show anyone how. If you donate to our shelter, that would be cool too :)