PDA

View Full Version : The fire

Pnx Jay
07-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Has anyone figured out if the Willow fire has went through the Sunflower mine area? I haven't found any maps of the fire that are accurate enough to see if it has gone through the area, but it seems to be right around there.

Jay

1BLKJP
07-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Someone posted on Yahoo that they saw flames and smoke off of the top of one of the hills this weekend and when they were leaving the fire fighters where closing off the area.

Antman
07-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Try http://geomac.usgs.gov/ and zoom in.

Bill W

RickBeer
07-07-2004, 01:39 PM
As of noon today the Beeline is closed until further notice :(

Pnx Jay
07-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks Antman,
That is a lot more clear than the other sites I found. By my best guess it looks like its real close to the Sunflower mine site, but not there yet. It looks to be close to the northern exit of the loop. I saw today it had jumped the 87 in some spots. I hope we get rain soon. :(

Jay

1BLKJP
07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
I know some of the guys over on Yahoo are talking about a Fire Run this year, same as when the last big fires erupted.

Can some of the individuals that were involved in the direction and planning of the Rodeo run post either here or on Yahoo as to whom they spoke to at that time about putting this together.

Pnx Jay
07-25-2004, 11:52 AM
I was headed back from a Sonora Desert Scouts club run to Broken Arrow yesterday about 5:00 and saw a new fire in the Bradshaws. It seemed to be mostly between to of the mountain tops. It was in the mountain range directly west of the CK/ Bumble Bee exit. I could see all of the helecopters and an of air tanker. I could also see the flames from the highway. Pretty scary! I was kind of suprised that the local news didn't say peep about it. Its pretty sad if we are so used to wild fires that they don't even get mentioned. I got some photos of it, but they didn't come out the best.

Jay