PDA

View Full Version : 4.0-4.5 Wheelin tonight???

Flexy
06-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Anyone interested in some wheelin tonight in the Table mesa area??? Predator, Judgement day, Lower, upper...I am open...

Joe

danno
06-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Joe, I am interested, but I might have a little resistance from my wife.... today is our 5 year anniversary.....

Come to think of it, perhaps another time... I think that I would like to keep my balls where they are, so I don't think I will even ask her.

DsrtJeeper
06-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Man;
That sure sounds good. I wish I had my rock lights installed. :(

flxy_tj
06-26-2004, 09:01 PM
:mad: Sorry man getting the lift done up........Hope you all have fun though. Let me know how it goes. Huck got his lights all done and the lockers wired up so he was happy when he left here....... :D
Hopefully next week the lift will be done with the old shocks on for now gonna have to do up some fab work to get the fox shocks in but no big deal. :cool:
Later do a good stupid line for me....... I'll maybe get the adreline rush from here!!!!!!!!! :D
Snowden

Flexy
06-27-2004, 02:06 PM
:mad: Sorry man getting the lift done up........Hope you all have fun though. Let me know how it goes. Huck got his lights all done and the lockers wired up so he was happy when he left here....... :D
Hopefully next week the lift will be done with the old shocks on for now gonna have to do up some fab work to get the fox shocks in but no big deal. :cool:
Later do a good stupid line for me....... I'll maybe get the adreline rush from here!!!!!!!!! :D
Snowden

Was a nice cool night last night, Me, Rick Beer, Jason karen and Huck and his "lady friend" :D . Rick, jason and I went and played on raw deal untill huck showed up, ans while he aired down and fixed his rock lights, we all decided to go run Lower Terminator. All was going good there, when after dragging my roof on the z-turn :eek: Huck decided to throw U-joint parts at me, and very violently , I might add... :D I guess his axles decided they wanted a divorce and split... So we pulled it apart, and trail fixed it as 12 am rolled around, we wished Huck a happy b-day....Maybe next time we can finish the trail....:) Good night of wheelin, finished up by jasons clutch slave line melting on his exhaust manifold... I was @ home 'round 3:45.....Till next weekend... :D

Joe

Flexy
06-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Was a nice cool night last night, Me, Rick Beer, Jason karen and Huck and his "lady friend" :D . Rick, jason and I went and played on raw deal untill huck showed up, ans while he aired down and fixed his rock lights, we all decided to go run Lower Terminator. All was going good there, when after dragging my roof on the z-turn :eek: Huck decided to throw U-joint parts at me, and very violently , I might add... :D I guess his axles decided they wanted a divorce and split... So we pulled it apart, and trail fixed it as 12 am rolled around, we wished Huck a happy b-day....Maybe next time we can finish the trail....:) Good night of wheelin, finished up by jasons clutch slave line melting on his exhaust manifold... I was @ home 'round 3:45.....Till next weekend... :D

Joe

Here are a few of the pictures.....

Joe

flxy_tj
06-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Looks like fun..... I would have had to camp out getting home that late... I would not have made it back to BFE as you call it until like 430 or 500 am :eek:. Man thats early or late however you look at it.
That sucks about Huck's U-Joint and Jason Clutch, but at least it kept things interesting...... :cool:
Still got your number I'll let you know when the Heep is back on the road... Should be this week all most done with the front end. Still need to do up the fab work for the shocks though......

Huck
06-27-2004, 03:54 PM
It was a wonderful Bday present. Thanks for the help and patience. I'll post more later. I was slow to head down the freeway, as the front diff. was making all kinds of noise. I guess the one axle shaft spinning was causing the carrier to make some never heard before noises. The lights worked great, thanks for the help Jon. I hope your install works well.
Now to talk with the dealer about some waraanty issues.
Joe, can you email me those pics? I'd like to post them on the ROF, so they can see what can happen.
LOL, I couldn't have asked for a better start to the day.
Huck

Dragonfly
06-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I had a great time last night, Joe,thanks for letting me be a passenger and seeing how the boys like to play.. ;) , Huck...you'll always have a memorable B-day now....try to look at the bright side...at least you got rock lights now... :p

Huck
06-27-2004, 07:03 PM
After some sleep, I figured out what was wrong with the front end. Yes it was sounding a little noisy because of the rag plug where my axle should be. :D
Kind of makes perfect sense. I had a blast and look forward to finishing the run. That's what life's all about. You pay to play no matter what hobby you choose.
Joe, I'll be talking to you soon. Thanks again for the help. I was looking at my stub end. It seems fine for trail spare duty. I should have one if they fight the warranty claim ;)
Having a great Birthday,
Huck

flxy_tj
06-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Well figured I would post some pics of the rig so far!!!! Got the front end done with the old shocks for now......
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206&stc=1
Not looking to bad I'll post some other pics in my other thread.....
jon Snowden

sschwar4
06-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Huck,

Did the lights help with the repair. Post some pics of the install. Sorry I couldn't stick around to help finish. You didn't mention it was your birthday. Belated Happy Birthday!

Flexy
06-27-2004, 10:32 PM
I had a great time last night, Joe,thanks for letting me be a passenger and seeing how the boys like to play.. ;) , Huck...you'll always have a memorable B-day now....try to look at the bright side...at least you got rock lights now... :p

DRAGONFLY??? Is that the code name?????

Joe

Dragonfly
06-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Ya, it's the code...do ya know it? :cool:

roger
06-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Joe,

Too bad I didn't see your post - you could have hooked up with me and some friends. We hit Table Mesa a little earlier than you. What's weird is we ran Raw Deal followed by Lower Terminator - just like you guys. You all must have been the group we saw down in LT when we were heading out on the road above.

Ours was an uneventful trip except for a friend's blown u-joint caused by "ramping" that car down in the end of Raw Deal. :rolleyes:

-Roger

Huck
06-28-2004, 10:50 AM
The rig is clean and I'm off to the dealer. Uhh, cross your fingers......
Anyway, the rock lights helped with the repair, air down, air up and with the general freak factor when rollin down the road. The bling-bling kicks booty.
I'm a little disapointed that 2 days after my locker by-pass mod, I may have to pull out the 'ol wires for the warranty claim.
Jon, knows what a little challenge it was getting them in the slots. The nice thing, was that do to the time I took to do it right, the mod comes out with absolutely no evidence it was ever there. :D
I'm not sure if you were wanting trail repair photos, but after the pics of the initial break, we were up to our elbows in alligators working on getting back on the road again. So, no photos were taken after that.
I'm digitally challenged at this point in time. Maybe someone can come over and document the install of the Superior axles, that will be coming soon. Unless someone knows of a reason to avoid these.
Huck

Huck
06-28-2004, 05:15 PM
The Rubi is sitting with a tech at this time. The new axle has been ordered and it should be repaired tomorrow. So far, it appears that this will be covered under the factory warranty!!! :D :D :D
So, Bill Luke seems to be wheeler friendly. Matt, the service manager looked at the parts in my tub and just smiled. I asked if they would need to return the parts to DC for the warranty and he said yes. I was hoping to keep the stub for a trail spare, but already knew the answer.
FYI,
Huck

flxy_tj
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
:D Sweet I'm glad the dealer is gonna fix it up for you... That will be cool. Just remember to take a deep breath before dealing with the locker bypass again..... :) Should not take as long seeing as how you got the touch now !!!!
My junk should be going again this week no prob. So I can't wait for that. :cool:

Huck
06-30-2004, 05:38 PM
I got the Rubi back today with the new axle in place and a bill for $0. :D :D :D A clean rig works wonders. The repair took a day longer than I had hoped due to a delay with getting the new axle. The new one appears to have a beefier outer than my old 03 outer. The tech pointed this out to me. He also left me my old outer stub for a trail spare, just in case. He is sending the inner with the broken ujoint back for warranty to D/C.
All I can say is way to go Bill Luke Jeep. I didn't buy my Jeep there, but they are close to me and have handled all of my warranty issues with grace. Not something that normally happens when dealing with a stealership. So, here's an atta boy from me to Bill Luke's Service manager Matt. I have no extra warranty in place and they took care of this issue like a champ.
Huck

Dragonfly
06-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Glad all worked out for you, maybe I'll go there next time...did they give you a loaner to drive? Have fun wheelin. :D

Huck
07-01-2004, 12:05 PM
I didn't push the loaner vehicle, as it could have been argued that I was pushing the warranty issue. It would have been fine if the axle had come in on time. I rode one of the Harleys on Tuesday and rented a car for a late afternoon appointment. I wouldn't have been appropriate rolling up, sweating on the bike for it. So, I bit the 40 bucks for the car and some comfort.
They did give me a loaner when they were working on the rear seal repair. All I did was ask for it.
Huck