PDA

View Full Version : Smoke test?

SoAZZJ
04-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Anyone have access to a smoke leak test? I have the check engine code for P0441. Gonna buy a cap today and hope that works. If not I wanna line up a test

"YEEP"
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Read the first post, a smoke test might not be needed, good luck.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=55948

nrossman
04-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I have a gas sniffer tool that can read very small amount of fuel/fumes. I have used it to trouble shoot a gas leak in my Jeep before. we use it at work to leak check gas dispensers. I live in east mesa if you want to try this.

Neil

Tay-J
04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I have a smoke machine. I need to hook up my truck tomorrow (which will be 4-11-10) and hunt for a leak. If you swing by we can hook your rig up real quick. Since I will have all the crap out to do it already it would be fast and free. Let me know.

Tay-J
04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh, Im in east mesa off of Sossman and Main St.

SoAZZJ
04-10-2010, 06:17 PM
132 miles away :). I appreciate the offer. Wish I was a little closer. Ive cleared the codes after changing the gas cap. I've got 30 Mi on it so far and no code. Maybe I got lucky? I'm gonna take it into emissions mon morning and hope I pass :)

Tay-J
04-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Silvacon
04-11-2010, 01:48 AM
132 miles away :). I appreciate the offer. Wish I was a little closer. Ive cleared the codes after changing the gas cap. I've got 30 Mi on it so far and no code. Maybe I got lucky? I'm gonna take it into emissions mon morning and hope I pass :)

It will take more than a few days to ensure the light does not come back.....Hopefully for you all will be good.

Tay-J
04-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Too bad you weren't closer, if you had come by maybe I would have gotten around to smoking my truck like I should have done....all I have to do is pull it off the shelf, connect it to the shop air and the gas filler neck and wait with a light....didn't happen. No motivation.

SoAZZJ
04-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Too bad you weren't closer, if you had come by maybe I would have gotten around to smoking my truck like I should have done....all I have to do is pull it off the shelf, connect it to the shop air and the gas filler neck and wait with a light....didn't happen. No motivation.

I know that feeling all too well! My buddy recently bought a house down the street and we've been doing everything in his garage. I'd it weren't for his enthusiasum I think my zj would still be sitting.

No light yet and I have 70 miles on the reset. Going to go test tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed

SoAZZJ
04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Guess it was the cap. I passed :)