PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate people

Fire Ball
03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
So there we were at the dog park, having a good time. My boys were playing rough and tumble with a little pit female and we were having a nice conversation.

All of a sudden a serious fight breaks out between this guys 4 dogs. I started walking over to see if he needs help because he obviously has no control or knowledge on breaking up a dog fight. His lab pit mix has a real good hold on the wolf's neck. (the guy had 2 in tact females. The breeds were Rototiller, a wolf mix, a pit female and a lab pit mix)

So anyway, he breaks up the fight that he is partially responsible for because he is already a mess trying to control these dogs and 2 kids.

About 15 minutes later they are at it again. This time the guy is pounding on the lab. After they separate, he keeps hitting the dog and then kicks it a couple times. This is where I lost it. I walked over and said to the guy to stop kicking the dog.

Hey says it's none of my ****ing business and besides the dogs were gonna kill each other.

I said the dogs are NOT gonna kill each other, plus he needs to calm down if he wants ANY chance of controlling the dogs and besides, kicking the dog after the fact does nothing but escalate the fight and I have 2 dogs here that I do not want getting involved in your mess.

He continues walking toward me and I'm starting to think this guy is a roid freak. He again says mind my own ****ing business. I told him it IS my business.

He stops a couple paces away from me staring at me with a blank look then launches a punch that took about 2 days to get there and nails me right in the chest.

I stepped forward and hit him back, going for the throat but hit him right at the top of the sternum. I guess I got his attention because he backed off I think he decided he might want to rethink this with a bunch of dogs on the verge of a fight and his 2 kids watching. Plus I had my hand on my knife :) I was also drooling like a crazed mad man looking for blood. this guy had me really pizzed off.

All of sudden, like turning off a switch, he is my best friend and starts asking me questions how he could handle the dogs better and admits he has the wrong dogs with him at the same time and he doesn't know how to handle it. Acting like nothing happened.

I figure oh well, not worth a fight so I talked to him for a while and we left for home.

He gave me a pretty good raspberry on my chest but I think he is gonna feel it a lot worse than me :D

***, who kicks a dog?

BTW, I do have pics but I don't think anyone really wants to see my fat chest :)

lancetkenyon
03-22-2010, 10:14 AM
You should have laid his *** out. First swing started the assault, last hit should be him hitting the ground. Just my opinion though.

fatbob309
03-22-2010, 10:25 AM
You are a better person than I am. I don't think I would have or could have stoped at 1 punch.

lancetkenyon
03-22-2010, 10:44 AM
2 maybe.....then you would be out of breath!

fatbob309
03-22-2010, 10:47 AM
2 maybe.....then you would be out of breath!

**** you... http://higherground4x4.com/chat/img/emoticons/favorite.png

Its funny because its true.

Fire Ball
03-22-2010, 10:51 AM
One punch did the trick, if he needed 2, he would have gotten 2, besides, I think I was a little out gunned hence the hand on the knife.

Actually if the first punch landed where I wanted it to, there would deffinately have been no need for a second. Oh and it was technically a palm strike, punching just breaks fingers :)

mtndew1
03-22-2010, 10:56 AM
I wanted to ask what dog park this was at but knowing the guys on here maybe its better I don't ask. I think every dog park has "that guy" anyway, there always seems to be one in the crowd.

I liked your plan of attack. I asked a MMA fighter once what you do if thy guy is way bigger than you (in a street fight). His response was, go for the throat and try to cut off air. Most guys will bend over when that happens and then knee them in the head until they collapse. It sounds good except the part where I have the skill to land that punch without getting knocked out first.

Fire Ball
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
never pull a weapon unless you are planning to use it, never throw a punch unless you plan on doing serious damage. Hitting a guy in the throat can do real damage but I figured since he was a big guy, and he struck first, he made the decision, not me. :(

I'm actually glad I missed because the situation quickly diffused...

RubiJk
03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
That is just crazy. I dont understand ***holes like this... Dogs out of control, kids around, other people around... and you are gonna act like a dikhead? And for somebody telling you something that is absolutely true? Douche nozzle. That guy should NOT be allowed to own dogs, let alone have kids. Sounds like you did the right thing, and good for showing some restraint with the kids around...

jhart
03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
That is just crazy. I dont understand ***holes like this... Dogs out of control, kids around, other people around... and you are gonna act like a dikhead? And for somebody telling you something that is absolutely true? Douche nozzle. That guy should NOT be allowed to own dogs, let alone have kids. Sounds like you did the right thing, and good for showing some restraint with the kids around...

Hopefully you meant this. :)

LJYJ
03-22-2010, 02:19 PM
You did good. withe kids around and stuff.
Its good to teach them that a fight can be solved better by talking.
Wish someone woulda tought me that :aagh:
Thank goodness No police were involved.

knockonit
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
ONE word TAZER, baby, ain't nothing like watching a dumbarse riding the lightning.
Pick one up, non lethal and a comedy act at the same time.

Good for at least one ride with a little pick me up. Refills can or are free.
no blood, just body fluids if ride extended, which I might add is like an old e ride at didney land. hehehee
And nope, not a fan of animal abusers, same abuser will do so to children and women, best to nip in the bud at once.
JMO
good job by the way. Or just carry a big bat

Digger
03-22-2010, 04:04 PM
I quit going to dog parks a year ago. They suck!!!!

RubiJk
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Hopefully you meant this. :)

Haha... yep, thats what I meant. Post edited.

Fire Ball
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Nancy, I agree but actually I get to use it as a chance to educate idiots sometimes. Plus foxhounds don't do too well in open areas... One rabbit and I might never see him again :D

Like a man and a hot chick, the brain shuts off and instinct takes over and he does stupid things like run through barbed wire fences and stuff :D

Joe West
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Bill... you really need to change your avatar.... your current selection makes it difficult to read what you post :D

Tom Schenk
03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Bill... you really need to change your avatar.... your current selection makes it difficult to read what you post :D

No
its ok...

What happened?

:stooge_larry:

Fire Ball
03-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Uhm, that's my wife

perverts

CallesCafe
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
***, who kicks a dog?

***, who hits a human?

I swear there has not been a time that I've been to the dog park where a fight has not broken out.

A few times Ive seen owners have their dog attack other persons dogs on command.

It's a nightmare.

And being you got to rant, heres mine.

I had to deal with 3 lose/roaming dogs over the weekend. I dont like dogs. Dogs scare the crap out of me.

1: Walking my dog around the neighborhood and a German Shepard comes out from behind a bush and lunges towards us barking. I walked backwards out of site of the dog and went another way home.

2: Hiking the mountains south of 43rd ave and Dobbins and about 1/2 mile away is a house and about 50 ft in front of me is some sort of shephard dog barking at us and lunging. I refuse to continue the trail and have to walk back around the mountain peak to avoid the dog only for the dog to come up and around the other side of the mtn to meet us barking again.

3: Riding my long board in the neighborhood a pitbull male intact comes chasing me down. I stop cold stone to try to talk nicely to the dog while he sniffs me. He had scars all over his front shoulders. I stood next to some people in their drive way for the dog to go the opposite direction for me to make it back home.

So, what do you guys do when you see a lose dog???

Call animal control and inform them of the general area you found the dog?
Make contact with the dog and look for tags to contact owner?
Tie the dog up or lock in your garage until Animal control comes?
Ignore the situation and keep driving?

I know accidents happen and dogs get out as mine has once or twice when the landscapers or someone leaves the gate open, and luckily my neighbors brought her home. But what if someone just assumed the dog was okay and knew its way a round? My dog is not the sharpest tool in the shed, however she is the prettiest flower in the flower pot, meaning she could end up running around Sweetwater and get hit by a car.

ohiotj
03-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Everybody calm done. Bill said he gave the guy a palm stroke. I love palm strokes! Bill I kick my dog everyday. Can I get a palm stroke?

Bilt4Comfort
03-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm glad it wasn't me. I tend to be a real dik when someone throws a punch at me that I didn't have coming.

For the most part, dog parks are just an open arena waiting for a fight to break out...be it canine or human.

Fire Ball
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Depends on the dog and where i see it.

Once while near Adams, we found a dog that was skinny and smelled horrible due to ear infections. I asked like 2 people and went no further. I figured it was due diligence.

I took it to the vet then turned it over to a rescue group. If the dog looks like it has been neglected or mistreated, you aren't getting it back. If it is agressive or wants to fight, you aren't getting it back.

I'll take it to animal control, fill out a report. If it needs medical treatment I take it to a vet. If it needs to be altered then I usually leave it sionce new laws state they cannot give it back to you unless you pay to have it altered, plus you get to make a donation to the animal control office :D If not I take the dog home and If no one comes looking for it, I either keep it or most likely I'll turn it over to a rescue or find a new home for it.

First thing I usually need to do is teach it to eat decent food. Most dog food is like eating dessert all the time :(

As far as the guy hitting me at the park, that's a first. Based on his size, (under 5'8" and obviously a weight lifter) I really didn't want to fight with a a roided out short man complex idiot who could more than likely take me. Someone wasn't gonna do well and I don't fight fair.. last time I did I bot my *** handed to me. :(

I see people hitting or kicking dogs all the time and guess what, I'm in their face. I HAVE called the police about 5 times in the last2 years. Once because a guy started walking towards me with a small baseball bat. He was outnumbered because about 4 other guys were gonna back me up.

Bilt4Comfort
03-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Once because a guy started walking towards me with a small baseball bat. He was outnumbered because about 4 other guys were gonna back me up.

If a guy is walking towards me with a baseball bat...he better be able to deflect bullets with it.

Fire Ball
03-23-2010, 06:48 PM
He was pounding his black lab in the head with his fist. I was so ****ing pissed I wouldn't have shot him anyway, it was gonna be up close and personal..