PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a lawnmower engine

TanTJJim
03-17-2010, 04:40 PM
It doesn't necessarily have to be a lawnmower engine, but I'm looking for a small 4 stroke engine that runs. It's going to be used for a project I'm working on at school. It's more for a proof of concept than anything useful so I just need something that runs and the cheaper the better. (Free is best :) )

I'm also looking for a couple misc automotive parts. Here's the list:

1. A small electric fuel pump that can put out at least 20-30psi

2. A single fuel injector preferably with the pigtail

3. A TPS sensor with a pigtail

4. A MAP sensor with a pigtail

5. A Hall Effect sensor with a pigtail (i.e. cam or crank position sensors)

I know this is kind of a weird list, but anything would be very helpful. This should be a pretty cool project. I'll post updates when it's done but for the time being, gathering parts is looking like it's going to be my biggest stumbling block.

AZLugz
03-17-2010, 05:02 PM
I have a craftsman lawnmower with a 6.5 HP electric start but it has not been started in quite a while. Since its for a school project I will give it to you if you want it. It still looks to be in good shape but it will take a little work.

if you want it, give me a shout 602.743.8990

TanTJJim
03-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Bill, nice meeting you today and a big thanks for giving me the lawnmower. I'll definitely put it to good use. Once I get some more parts scrounged and get the engine running I'll start a project log so everyone can follow along.

Amstef
03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
As you said, "THIS IS A WEIRD LIST", I can't wait for the thread on this one. Good luck with it. Will be back to read up.

pinkjerry2010
03-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Bill, nice meeting you today and a big thanks for giving me the lawnmower. I'll definitely put it to good use. Once I get some more parts scrounged and get the engine running I'll start a project log so everyone can follow along.

ok, Nice to meet all too!