PDA

View Full Version : readywelder question

dieter
03-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I know these are used mostly for trail fixes, but I want to make sure I comfortable with its operation before I have to use it on the trail. I want to pick up a few batteries just not sure which ones to get. Do you guys or gals have any recomendations on which batteries to get? I have a blue top in my jeep now and I might just get a second one but I really don't want to rip out my battery everytime I want to go mess it. Thanks

Bryan

mingoglia
03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I know these are used mostly for trail fixes, but I want to make sure I comfortable with its operation before I have to use it on the trail. I want to pick up a few batteries just not sure which ones to get. Do you guys or gals have any recomendations on which batteries to get? I have a blue top in my jeep now and I might just get a second one but I really don't want to rip out my battery everytime I want to go mess it. Thanks

Bryan

Any good deep cycle will work, including your blue. I guess the call is up to you if you want to get a set for the garage so you can use the ready welder without pulling your jeep battery.

Doc in AZ
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
i talked to wade at interstate battery today, he has good used batteries that are tested, rested and tested again before sold. they were $27 OTD with a 90 day warranty. might be an economical plan for you... with that said, if you are going to keep batteries in the garage like that, you should invest in a battery tender.

Allen
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Just get a couple deep cycle Walmart batteries and a small charger

You can even buy a marine grade charger that'll charge 2 batteries at the same time

dieter
03-11-2010, 07:02 AM
i talked to wade at interstate battery today, he has good used batteries that are tested, rested and tested again before sold. they were $27 OTD with a 90 day warranty. might be an economical plan for you... with that said, if you are going to keep batteries in the garage like that, you should invest in a battery tender.

Which interstate was that? I have a battery tender already so I am good to go there.

Doc in AZ
03-11-2010, 07:10 AM
i don't know which one... i just know him... call me and i'll pass his number along to you