PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need anything welded FOR FREE today?

mingoglia
02-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I haven't brought out the welder for a number of months and am getting stir crazy around the house. I've spent the last 2 hours thinking of something to build/weld that doesn't require tubing since I don't have a bender. Now's the time to get that bracket that failed on you fixed or replaced. This will be free work! In Gilbert, Gilbert Rd/Williamsfield. If I don't hear something soon I may start building a new screen door for out front or maybe I'll just cut the Jeep in half.

taggart_lumpy
02-13-2010, 09:48 AM
ill stick around for the pictures of cut in half jeep

Rollover Roy
02-15-2010, 12:58 PM
I have a cracked frame on an '88 4runner if you work on Toyotas. Just noticed it yesterday. Was doing a quick inspection to see if we were OK to make a run to the TDS run March 6. Did not pass inspection :(.

Ugly truck so beauty is not an issue. Don't expect free but cheep would be nice. Let me know if you want to take a stab at it.

Thanks,

- Roy

p.s. all the beer or sarsparilla you can drink.

terron gregg
02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
i say build a new gate for the walkway

ShmUDE
02-15-2010, 01:24 PM
ill stick around for the pictures of cut in half jeep

ask and you shall receive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/shmude/Joyota/PB230038.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/shmude/Joyota/PB230030.jpg

mingoglia
02-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Sure, we can probably do it next weekend. Is it in a place that is accessible, or will disassembly be required? Is it the top, bottom, inside or outside of the frame?

I have a cracked frame on an '88 4runner if you work on Toyotas. Just noticed it yesterday. Was doning a quick inspection to see if we were OK to make a run to the TDS run March 6. Did not pass inspection :(.

Ugly truck so beauty is not an issue. Don't expect free but cheep would be nice. Let me know if you want to take a stab at it.

Thanks,

- Roy

p.s. all the beer or sarsparilla you can drink.

Hulkster
02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
If your still itching to weld something, I have a buddy in Tempe that broke off his Lower control Arm bracket. He has purchased new ones from 4 wheelers but he has no one to weld them on. He is right by tempe marketplace

mingoglia
02-15-2010, 03:56 PM
If your still itching to weld something, I have a buddy in Tempe that broke off his Lower control Arm bracket. He has purchased new ones from 4 wheelers but he has no one to weld them on. He is right by tempe marketplace

Does he have the ability to get the vehicle over to my place or pull the axle and haul it over?

Hulkster
02-15-2010, 04:15 PM
It is sitting in his condo complex right now. We hauled it there with Bill's (AZLugz) car hauler. The bracket is rachet strapped to the axle so i would say he definately wouldn't want to drive it. And as far as removing the axle and bringing it over.... we will just say he isn't the most mechanical individual. Hell he got into this situation when he Dukes of Hazarded his jeep on a road in Sedona. Yeah.... and he broke down in a mall. haha

Rollover Roy
02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Sure, we can probably do it next weekend. Is it in a place that is accessible, or will disassembly be required? Is it the top, bottom, inside or outside of the frame?

Bottom / inside of LF...looks like a good place for an ugly gusset. If you're familiar w/toyota SAS it's the corner in front of the steering box.

Next weekend sounds good. Truck is drivable but slow (toy truck on 37's) how far are you from E. East Mesa?

- Roy

P.S.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1357441405232&id=42ada49ac329c96616187a8b3dff6595

OR

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1358414881167&id=b210237d12afbe5e0739a80804de9d2e&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.beveragesdirect.com%2fimages% 2fproductpix%2flarge%2f1200996.jpg

ShmUDE
02-15-2010, 05:34 PM
It is sitting in his condo complex right now. We hauled it there with Bill's (AZLugz) car hauler. The bracket is rachet strapped to the axle so i would say he definately wouldn't want to drive it. And as far as removing the axle and bringing it over.... we will just say he isn't the most mechanical individual. Hell he got into this situation when he Dukes of Hazarded his jeep on a road in Sedona. Yeah.... and he broke down in a mall. haha

if he can make it up to my "shop" i'll weld it back on for some beer. Does he need/have a new bracket?

mckellips and mcclintock

azgypsy
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
now that the jeep is in 2 pieces,,,,,, waitin for the rest of the story here!!!!

mingoglia
02-16-2010, 06:43 AM
now that the jeep is in 2 pieces,,,,,, waitin for the rest of the story here!!!!

Ty has a build thread on here somewhere. I'd search but it takes too much effort on this iPod touch. :-)

mingoglia
02-16-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm in Gilbert so not too far away. I guess it depends on how far east you are.

Bottom / inside of LF...looks like a good place for an ugly gusset. If you're familiar w/toyota SAS it's the corner in front of the steering box.

Next weekend sounds good. Truck is drivable but slow (toy truck on 37's) how far are you from E. East Mesa?

- Roy

P.S.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1357441405232&id=42ada49ac329c96616187a8b3dff6595

OR

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1358414881167&id=b210237d12afbe5e0739a80804de9d2e&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.beveragesdirect.com%2fimages% 2fproductpix%2flarge%2f1200996.jpg

mingoglia
02-16-2010, 06:50 AM
If it's strapped in place he won't be able to drive it even to ty's shop which is much closer than me. Might be able to either arrange a trailer, arange someone to help him pull the axle, or I could use my portable welder to "trail fix" it at his place and get it drivable to get it to my place.

On edit: Now that I think a bit more if you're wanting to weld it up Ty and can use your trailer to drag it to your mobile mini (shop) ( :) ) it would probably be easiest since your shop is much closer to him than mine. I could meet you up there and help out this weekend.
Mike

lancetkenyon
02-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey Ming, I could use a backhalf............for free.

BlackmombaTJ
02-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Anytime to weld up my bumper? ADD my winch mount? :aagh:

mingoglia
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey Ming, I could use a backhalf............for free.

I've been looking for a hangar for a couple months now that I could turn into a shop/storage. I started looking after I determined that my big trailer build was going to be several feet longer than my garage. I've slowed down my search due to launching two new business verticals over the past month, but will be looking again starting 3rd or 4th week of March.

If I get the space to do it I'll, I'd say yes, let's do a back half on both our Jeeps at the same time. Just supply the tubing for yours and we're good to go. I'll buy a good quality bender for the project as I'm pretty lazy and you're, well, 125 lbs. :laugh2::laugh2: At the same time I'll also have a PlasmaCam CNC setup for some of the details. We'll just have to improvise a bit as I've never done one before and have no clue what I'm doing though I'm pretty good at reverse engineering what's already out there on the interweb. :laugh2: I figured when the time was right I'd bribe Travis P with some beer so he'd bring his rig over for some inspiration.

Mike

lancetkenyon
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I figure that is the least you can do after selling me the hot 60.

mingoglia
02-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I figure that is the least you can do after selling me the hot 60.

If you recall I offered to set up all the brackets as well but you ruined my confidence by ABSOLUTEly running back to your bf and PAYING him to do it rather than having me do it for free. :laugh2:

TRLR8TDTJ
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I could use front axle swap.:) I have most the parts just no time to complete it. I really need to get off my lazy butt and get it done. I am hoping to find some time next monday to work on it.

Kyle

mingoglia
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I could use front axle swap.:) I have most the parts just no time to complete it. I really need to get off my lazy butt and get it done. I am hoping to find some time next monday to work on it.

Kyle

If you have time on a weekend and want to do it let me know and I'll head over your place and lend a hand. Now's the time to hammer these projects out. I stay as far away from the garage as I can when summer time rolls around. I've noticed it getting darker later the last few days which is unfortunately a sign of the inevitable.

mingoglia
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Anytime to weld up my bumper? ADD my winch mount? :aagh:

What needs to be welded on your bumper? I'm going to spend some time welding this weekend. In fact I may pick up a new TIG this weekend as well. I haven't tig'd in a couple of years so it's probably about time I pick up my own machine.

mingoglia
02-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Do you still want to take care of this this weekend? Here's my basic cross-roads so you can determine how far it is from you:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pecos+and+Gilbert+rd,+gilbert+az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.148262,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=E+Pecos+Rd+%26+S+Gilbert+Rd,+Chandler,+Maric opa,+Arizona&ll=33.29323,-111.792068&spn=0.230153,0.308647&z=12

- Roy

P.S.

OR

asjazwa
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Lookin for someone to build a rear bumber/ swing out jerry can,hi lift carrier

mingoglia
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Lookin for someone to build a rear bumber/ swing out jerry can,hi lift carrier

Does it need to have recessed lights and a swing down picnic table with built in meat smoker? I'll only build it for free if I can include those options. :laugh2::laugh2:

Rollover Roy
02-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Do you still want to take care of this this weekend? Here's my basic cross-roads so you can determine how far it is from you:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pecos+and+Gilbert+rd,+gilbert+az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.148262,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=E+Pecos+Rd+%26+S+Gilbert+Rd,+Chandler,+Maric opa,+Arizona&ll=33.29323,-111.792068&spn=0.230153,0.308647&z=12

I'd love to get this taken care of. What day and time frame is good for you? Do I need to bring any tools or matierial? Thanks.

- Roy

asjazwa
02-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Does it need to have recessed lights and a swing down picnic table with built in meat smoker? I'll only build it for free if I can include those options. :laugh2::laugh2:

That would come in handy while camping but not very functional for wheeling

Rollover Roy
02-19-2010, 06:23 PM

I hate to do this but I can not help...must coment....

<best bevis and butthead voice>
"Uhhhh......UHuha..huh..He said... "meat smoker"....uhh..ahuh.

Sorry...bad me....bad me....

sunroom2004
02-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm just down the street from you and have been thinking about improving the security on the gate into my backyard.

It would be nice to have some new tabs welded onto it to strengthen it.

mingoglia
02-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm just down the street from you and have been thinking about improving the security on the gate into my backyard.

It would be nice to have some new tabs welded onto it to strengthen it.

Other than my trail welder I'm not portable. My main welder weighs 202lbs excluding the gas cylinder.

terron gregg
02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
mike when my mid pip comes in would you want to weld it to my header on my dirt bike it wont take nearly as long as the truck did :) its titanium ???

mingoglia
02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
mike when my mid pip comes in would you want to weld it to my header on my dirt bike it wont take nearly as long as the truck did :) its titanium ???

I'm 50/50 on picking up a TIG this weekend. If I do, it would be perfect for that.

Do you want to come by sometime tomorrow and look at the pool? I'm home ALL day so just tell me a time and I'll be here. If you give me a, "just call me tomorrow with a time" you know I'll procrastinate and never call... you know, like I've done the last 3 weekends. :fashizzle:

terron gregg
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
haha yeah i have a few pools i have to go to in the morn but will call you when im on my way 10/11 ish

mingoglia
02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
haha yeah i have a few pools i have to go to in the morn but will call you when im on my way 10/11 ish

Sounds like a plan.

asjazwa
02-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Speaking of recesed lights some 1/4 inch quarter panel plates with custom tail light would be sick have seen them and definatly think it would be a great improvment to stock quarters and factory tail lights!

sunroom2004
02-20-2010, 06:09 AM
I was thinking about taking the gate off and bringing it to you...would that work?

mingoglia
02-20-2010, 06:13 AM
I was thinking about taking the gate off and bringing it to you...would that work?

Sure. That would work. Do you want to stop by tomorrow?

tigerose123
04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
If you still looking to weld I need so modifications done to my front bumper :) I too can bringbeer and pizza :D)

ShmUDE
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
what do you need done to your bumper?

azgypsy
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
hey i got this ball and chain in the garage,,,,, if i could get the little braclet thing wrapped around the ex's ankle ,,,, would ya put a little tack weld on it to keep it closed??? and then call for a taxi!!?? please????

tigerose123
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
what do you need done to your bumper?

Well it's got two tabs on the lower bar for putting light on but I need them cut off and moved to the upper bar so I can have a winch. I also want two weld somthing on the bumper so I can have two winchshackles. What do you think I'm free tomorrow after 5 and sat all day and sun all day. What do you think?

ShmUDE
04-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Well it's got two tabs on the lower bar for putting light on but I need them cut off and moved to the upper bar so I can have a winch. I also want two weld somthing on the bumper so I can have two winchshackles. What do you think I'm free tomorrow after 5 and sat all day and sun all day. What do you think?

do you have new tabs for the upper bar? you wont be able to cut off the bottom and reweld them to the top without being VERY careful. Also, what do you mean you want to weld "something" on the bumper so you can have two winch shackles? Pictures? im guessing you want a Clevis tab welded on. Do you have one?

tigerose123
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
do you have new tabs for the upper bar? you wont be able to cut off the bottom and reweld them to the top without being VERY careful. Also, what do you mean you want to weld "something" on the bumper so you can have two winch shackles? Pictures? im guessing you want a Clevis tab welded on. Do you have one?

No I don't have new tabs but if can't use them I could probably make some. And as for a clevis tab no I do t have no I don't have one :( do u know where I can buy them other than the Internet?

Alex P.
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Dude I can weld pretty desent but not great and im right down the street if you wouldt mind I would like to come over and help you maybe i learn something. :fashizzle:

The Donger
04-23-2010, 07:54 PM
do you have new tabs for the upper bar? you wont be able to cut off the bottom and reweld them to the top without being VERY careful. Also, what do

No I don't have new tabs but if can't use them I could probably make some. And as for a clevis tab no I do t have no I don't have one :( do u know where I can buy them other than the Internet?

If you're talking about d-ring shackles tabs, you can get them from doc, but I recommend you have someone like doc, or mike weld them on.

ShmUDE
04-23-2010, 10:27 PM
mike can't weld for chit. i'd rather have a monkey flinging poo weld it then him.

either way, i suggest you figure out what you need and buy the parts before you try and have somebody weld them on for you.

Doc in AZ
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
i've got D-rings and a couple different styles of the weld on tabs that are 1" thick in stock... i'll be at the shop all day sat and sunday if you want to pick some up..

mingoglia
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM
mike can't weld for chit. i'd rather have a monkey flinging poo weld it then him.

either way, i suggest you figure out what you need and buy the parts before you try and have somebody weld them on for you.

Rep coming your way! Forker.

tigerose123
04-25-2010, 01:11 AM
i've got D-rings and a couple different styles of the weld on tabs that are 1" thick in stock... i'll be at the shop all day sat and sunday if you want to pick some up..

actually ya i may stop in. what time will you be there till?

Doc in AZ
04-25-2010, 09:04 AM
actually ya i may stop in. what time will you be there till?

ALLLLLLL day, unfortunately... i'm way behind as usual.

Canuk
08-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Still looking for something to weld?

I need motor mounts and radiator bracket welded up onto a new frame, i will pay if needed or purchase adult beverages.
Chandler
Thanks Terry

I haven't brought out the welder for a number of months and am getting stir crazy around the house. I've spent the last 2 hours thinking of something to build/weld that doesn't require tubing since I don't have a bender. Now's the time to get that bracket that failed on you fixed or replaced. This will be free work! In Gilbert, Gilbert Rd/Williamsfield. If I don't hear something soon I may start building a new screen door for out front or maybe I'll just cut the Jeep in half.

mingoglia
08-18-2010, 03:39 PM
If you can get your frame over my place and you know where stuff needs to be stuck you can bring it over tomorrow after work. I'll be out in the garage welding some stuff up for VinBoy(Man). ManBoy

Still looking for something to weld?

I need motor mounts and radiator bracket welded up onto a new frame, i will pay if needed or purchase adult beverages.
Chandler
Thanks Terry

Canuk
08-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Well can't Thurday, i picking up an engine hoist to remove the engine and cut out the radiator support.
I also need to order the engine mounts from Herm.
Can i take a rain check?
I will keep you informed,thanks abunch
Best regards
Terry

Howyadoin
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I've got LOTS of crap that needs welded...come on over!:smug:

Henthorn
08-19-2010, 06:14 AM
I have a RK long arm kit for my JK that needs to be installed.....but thats a bit more than welding :D :mickey:

RubiJk
08-19-2010, 08:01 AM
I have a RK long arm kit for my JK that needs to be installed.....but thats a bit more than welding :D :mickey:

Unfortunately, the welding is the least amount of work involved in that install... Now if Mike was offering to plasma cut and GRIND for free, it would be a sweet deal!

Allen
08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
I need something added to my back bumper so I have a place to hook safety chains to!

mingoglia
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I need something added to my back bumper so I have a place to hook safety chains to!

Bring it on over Allen. I'll have the welder out tonight. I just gotta figure how to get my Jeep on the other side of the garage cause I didn't get my MML finished last night because my cousin never left and I can't start the Jeep because the fan blade is on the shroud. :D Might be using the jack to drag it over. I got an idea, vinman has those dollies that go under the tires....Vin, PM coming your way.

Estrada
01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Is this still alive? I need a latch welded on my rear bumper and some tube fenders beefed up in the next few weeks! Can pay in Beer since this is a non cash forum!

ShmUDE
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM
if mike wont do it, you can bring it by my place. I'll help you out.

XDM
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
I have a stock body mount bracket that needs to be welded back on the frame. It came off clean, like it never got welded in the factory.

Estrada
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM

PMed

mingoglia
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
I have a stock body mount bracket that needs to be welded back on the frame. It came off clean, like it never got welded in the factory.

I can do this for you, and I'm in Gilbert. I'm typically home pretty late during the week (about 7), but am available this weekend.

djui5
01-31-2011, 07:17 PM

I can do this for you, and I'm in Gilbert. I'm typically home pretty late during the week (about 7), but am available this weekend.

Do either of you have a tube bender? I'm ready to finish my heep.

ShmUDE
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Do either of you have a tube bender? I'm ready to finish my heep.

mike does. although im trying to get him to sell it to me!

djui5
01-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Ok, he takes sexual favors so I'll text him.

mingoglia
01-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Ok, he takes sexual favors so I'll text him.

I like my men butch. You're too feminine for me. LOL