PDA

View Full Version : Jeep 101

Dragonfly
05-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks to Huck and Joe for your info and the great time on Sat....I guess I'm hooked on rock crawling now, can't wait to get out again...off to the dealer to fix my 4 low problem this week...now that my jeep is officially broken in and full of sand, I'm reluctant to clean it out...ah..so sentimental....thanks again....and please ANYONE with experience who like to go out during the week PLEASE let me know, I pretty much work weekends, I'm up for anywhere...hmmmm now where to get the money for those lockers.....

Karen :)

brandon smith
05-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey Karen like this is Brandon, blue xj with the kc's on top that stuck at the gas station trying to air back up with you, like I said I am out of school so anyday I dont work I up for anything so if your ever going out during the week give me a shout.

Brandon Smith
602-622-0363
Brandonhockey@cox.net

Dragonfly
05-24-2004, 10:15 AM
That's fine, but I'd like to have an experienced driver any time I go out also.

brandon smith
05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
yeah I agree also

Flexy
05-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks to Huck and Joe for your info and the great time on Sat....I guess I'm hooked on rock crawling now, can't wait to get out again...off to the dealer to fix my 4 low problem this week...now that my jeep is officially broken in and full of sand, I'm reluctant to clean it out...ah..so sentimental....thanks again....and please ANYONE with experience who like to go out during the week PLEASE let me know, I pretty much work weekends, I'm up for anywhere...hmmmm now where to get the money for those lockers.....

Karen :)

Karen, What are your plans for this upcoming weekend???? Gonna try to wheel this weekend, some where....sorry, bout the sand....I saw the look on your face when it happened... :D

1BLKJP
05-24-2004, 06:52 PM
It is definitely a good call to have some experience around when you are trying new things with your jeep. Having another rig around at least gaurantee's that you can get home.

Oh, and if you got dirty just leave it. Builds character.

I live in Awhatukee also so if you need help with anything or want to wheel just let me know.

Huck
05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Karen,
I'm glad you had fun and got that new jeep a little messy. My schedule allows for flexibility regarding when I need to be around. I can kind of work from wherever I get a cell signal (that's in a lot of good wheelin places).
So, now you know what J.E.E.P. really means Just Empty Every Pocket.....
We all have little bit of the bug in us. Regarding the purchase of lockers, I would suggest getting used to your Jeep and learning everything you can do without them first. Once you master the open/limited slip differential driving, you'll be ready to tackle the obstacles that lockers will allow you to tackle.
Just my humble opinion, but recently I've had a friend or two (Mookie) who got his rig built up over what his experience level was. It kind of got him into a little trouble, as it does to many people.
Enough of the preachy crud, now lets get some practice in. Joe, where is everyone going to wheel this weekend. I'm up for anywhere cool or by the water. I'll haul the trailer and bring a grill/cook out supplies to do it up right. I've been invited up to the rim country, but the invite is for any day/days so let me know what you are thinking.
Karen, I seem to remeber that face looking like you just bit into a lemon when you buried the rear axle in the sand and wore a little. I figure it kind looked like my face when I sat the Jeep down on its lower control arm and front drive shaft. My rig just came home a little lighter--from the metal loss :D
Lets go wheelin,
Huck

Dragonfly
05-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks for everyone replying back to me....I would LOVE to get more experience before I get lockers.....again anyone who wants to go out during the weekdays let me know...I'll go anywhere anytime....but I work every weekend except one a month...so basically any mon,tues, thurs or fri....I can be there...as long as someone can help me out, I'm open to all advice...and looking forward to jeeep'n!....(my heart is goin pitterpatter!?!) :eek:

Dragonfly
05-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Well everyone, my 4-low problem has been fixed, so if anyone wants to go out during the next 3 days let me know :)

Huck
05-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Sorry Karen, but its been a super busy week. We are planning a BBQ/lake event out at FR42-Bartlett lake. Check this section for the post and on the AZVJC website for more info. I apologize in advance if you can't make it, but there will be other trips.
Later,
Huck

Dragonfly
05-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Well I'm supposed to work on Sat. if for some chance they cancel me...I will be there...but if I don't see everyone, have a great time!

sschwar4
05-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Well everyone, my 4-low problem has been fixed, so if anyone wants to go out during the next 3 days let me know :)

Karen,

Check out the trip to the Coke Ovens tomorrow morning. It should be fun. :)

Hope to see you there.

Stuart

Dragonfly
05-30-2004, 10:23 AM
I hope everyone is enjoying all the great trips this weekend...thanks for the invites, but I'm sitting here breathing in all the stale air at work, dreaming about my jeep driving the trails.....