PDA

View Full Version : wideband o2 sensor

rockreadyyj07
01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
i dont even know exactly how they are set up but from what i can tell there are meters that you permanently mount in your vehicle and some you just use for tuning. Im looking for the setup where i can weld a o2 sensor bung into the exhaust screw in the sensor and hook to a hand held meter, then start tuning. Anyone have such a beast, i am trying to get my propane setup tuned.
thanks
Mike

thunder550
01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
There are several brands out there

PLX (my recommendation)
Innovate Motorsports
Autometer
AEM
Dynojet
FJO
FAST

I'm sure there are more but that's all I know off the top of my head.

Just realized that you're looking to borrow one...I just sold mine not too long ago, sorry :( Might try some of the local motorsports forums if nobody on here has one.

www.azdgforums.com - GTO
www.azfba.org - Camaro/Firebird
www.azgmperformance.com - Self-explanatory
www.azstreetscene.com - Buncha dicks mostly

Again, just the ones that I know off-hand.

djui5
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
It's used to adjust the air/fuel mixture. Here is an article about how to do it with a cheap 1 wire O2 sensor. Also you can adjust the air and fuel screws yourself until it idles smooth. There are 2 screws on the carb. Screw them all the way in, back them out a turn and start the motor. Back them out another half turn at a time until it idles smoothly. I'm sure Adamster has a better way of doing this though. Also put a half full glass of water on the engine and when there are no waves it's running smooth as can be:

http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm

rockreadyyj07
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
actually i only have one as its a propane mixer not gas carb and i can do it by sound, smell and how its running but im looking to get it tuned as good as i can. After a few trips i'm sure ill get it dialed in. runs great i'm just looking for mileage.