PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo, I did it....

JamesT
05-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I am not sure if I should post this in the OT section or Job needed, but I am officially a Mechanical Engineer. To day was my last class at ASU and if all the math they taught me is correct, then there is no way I won't get my diploma in the mail in 8 weeks.
Looks like I will be able to do some wheeling here real quick. First the graduation and then a trip to the "Big Easy" to celebrate for a week.
You all, bring on all the engineer jokes, I need something to make me smile after the past 5 years. I will be sucking down the beverages tonight, at home and safe.

If any of you know of a 4x4 place that needs a Mechanical Engineer, please let me know. I will look at other oportunities also, but I would like to stay here in AZ, for another year.

Have a great evening.

blackeyedt
05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Congrats to you on this accomplishment ! I am sure it will take you to the next level, whatever that is for you ! Again, Congrats !

Flexy
05-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Congrats james...Well done.... How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb?????

5.......1 To hold the bulb and 4 to figure out how to turn the house :D :D

jeepin_in_az
05-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Congratulations James!

:beerchug:

JamesT
05-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks you guys.

Joe, that is the best you could come up with? Come on now :p

Joe West
05-12-2004, 06:16 AM
Congratulations James!!!

All that hard work will pay off... and it appears that the job market is picking up for engineers right now. If you want to shoot me your resume, I can pass it to people I know at Orbital Sciences.

Joe

blooddrive
05-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Congrats James!

-------------------------
An architect, an artist and an engineer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress.
The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship.

The artist said he enjoyed time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there.

The engineer said, "I like both."

"Both?"

Engineer: "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go to the lab and get some work done.
------------------------------

Cheers,
-Mark B.

NVRSTUKTJ
05-12-2004, 07:55 AM
way to go, James......just remember.....if wasn't FOR engineers, we wouldn't NEED any........if you happen to get something in manufacturing, heed the words "there comes a time in every project when you just have to kill the engineers and get on with production"........

congrats, again.....

jeepsonly
05-12-2004, 08:24 AM
That's great - congrats!

Hackle
05-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Congrats James!
Just remember it may look good on paper but somebody else has to build it and make it work :D
Jim F.

jeepin66
05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Great Job James!

Way to go... Now get a Job!!!! hahaha :) :)