PDA

View Full Version : need plasma tv help

Hivemind
12-30-2009, 06:37 PM
A Friend found a N Pro 435PU Panasonic elite plasma tv. I know 0% about these things. He called Panasonic and they say that in order to see if it is operational he needs to buy a remote, needless to say, we don't want to buy a remote for a tv that is most likely busted. :aagh: I was hoping for feedback and possibly to find someone who has said remote so we can try without spending. Also, does this need a reciever of some kind? There does not appear to bee very many inputs in the back of this thing.

Thanks,
John

Doc in AZ
12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
try a universal remote, if you already have one you can get online and get the codes for the different components it will control. if you don't have one run up to wally world and buy one, they have a great return policy if it doesn't work on that t.v.

older plasmas were notorious for having a "life span". they typically only lasted 3-5 years with typical daily use. they were also known for having terrible ghosting and burn in.

Tom Schenk
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
How does one find a TV?

Locked & Loaded
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
how does one find a tv?

x 2?

Sunbakd1
12-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Nice Avatar Doc. I Think I will have nightmares tonight. :eek:

Doc in AZ
12-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice Avatar Doc. I Think I will have nightmares tonight. :eek:

you're welcome... just happy to be on the team :punk:

Hivemind
12-31-2009, 08:17 AM
How does one find a TV?

I live in Scottsdale, these people throw away all kinds of stuff :aagh:
I have found like 5 tvs since I moved here

Hivemind
12-31-2009, 08:20 AM
older plasmas were notorious for having a "life span". they typically only lasted 3-5 years with typical daily use. they were also known for having terrible ghosting and burn in.

Yeah, I'm aware of the lifespan, this particular model is worse than most so I suspect that is why it was thrown out. Instinct just kicks in when you see a tv that big up for grabs.

Dannyboy
12-31-2009, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't bother, I just had to toss a 50" plasma, even though I paid $1800 4 years ago, it would cost $600 to repair. I am going to buy a thinner version of the same TV for $750 today.

akecj7
12-31-2009, 12:21 PM
You can try a Logitec harmony remote. I have a Panasonic Plasma and use one of these remotes and it works great. I love the colors that this plasma produces. I have had no issues with the TV and we have had it for 3 years.

mingoglia
12-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Do you have an existing DVD player or similar remote that may be able to control multiple devices? If so you may be able to get online for that manufacturer of that remove and find the code for the TV you're trying to control. For example, both my old Dishnetwork and current DirectTV can control a TV and it was just a matter of programming the remote for my TV. This will save you from buying a universal remote to test it out.