PDA

View Full Version : Whelp Somebody Here screwed up posting pics of the Martinez Rollover

Rick Latrani
04-28-2004, 11:58 AM
http://www.azwild.org/action/martinez.php
:mad:

JamesT
04-28-2004, 12:08 PM
****kkkkkkkkkkk......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Heywood
04-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Mookie needs to shut down his website, or get rid of the pics, at least.

Anybody know the guy to get a hold of him?

JamesT
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Mookie needs to shut down his website, or get rid of the pics, at least.

Anybody know the guy to get a hold of him?

I agree..... from his orignial post
....Mookie - 480-694-8110 or shoot him a PM or get his address off the Yahoo site.

flxy_tj
04-28-2004, 01:20 PM
:mad: :mad: This sucks ..........................

Scout
04-28-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm drafting a letter in response and plan on sending it to the contacts listed on that site:

shela_mcfarlin@blm.gov , Tucson Field Office Manager

elaine_zielinski@blm.gov , BLM State Director

francisco_mendoza@blm.gov , Recreation Planner, Tucson Field Office

Something along the lines of the mess has been cleaned up by the 4X4 community and it is being used as an educational process in which all 4X4 guys will be better prepared.

Actually if anyone is good at writing these letters, post it, that way numerous people can fill in their details and send it on. If not I'll post mine when I'm finished (back to work now though).

PS - Mookie, kill the website.

CamoXJ
04-28-2004, 01:39 PM
There already writing letters :eek: I would be out there this weekend but have to fly to Kentucky tomorrow and I just ran this trail last Saturday. When we were leaving there were about 20 vehicles going in. Some looked like they needed more experience and clearance. They were also supposed to meet more out there that evening. They were going to camp and wheel so hopefully they cleaned there mess up.
For the first time running it the trail was awesome. Would hate to see it go away since we are making plans to run it again. This time with more time. Jeff CamoXJ

Devil Man
04-28-2004, 03:35 PM
is the trail a mess i have not ran it this year? :confused:

mookie
04-28-2004, 08:28 PM
okee,

I haven't paid much attention to the site in a month or so. Sorry for not keeping up. I got a call tonight about this site and others. I'll be removing the link from my site and adding some personal pop-ups instead. I'm insulted they could claim that "they were drinking" considering I haven't had a drink in years and the guy in the photo is drinking a coke in a coozy. Thanks for the call and the info. I'll be changing the site tonight.

Mookie

mcarthur1982
04-28-2004, 09:35 PM
To whom it may concern I recently read your "bit" about the photo of the Jeep rolled over on the Martinez trail. You people love to blame off road enthusiasts for anything wrong with the environment, what you fail to realize is that all jeep clubs are not the same. The jeep rolled over in this photo is one of our member The Arizona Virtual Jeep Club, Yes it was a tragic accident but not rollover are due to"irresponsible and destructive" behavior. This was a tragic accident again, we appreciate your lack of concern for the driver and his family. Our Club does several trail ride/clean ups every month. The last one I personally attended my family and I spent 8 hours cleaning the Table mesa Area and let me tell you we cleaned up more shot gun shells, burnt out cars and trash that had been shot to pieces than anything else. Not one Jeep was rolled not one chemical was spilled. But somehow that escapes you. Your are so eager to point a finger at someone that you chose us. Off road recreation always has and always will be a huge part of desert living. Yes the spill was a mess if you had bothered to research the story before you posted it and disrespected our members, you would know that several people volunteered to go remove the vehicle and clean the spill. But again these facts escape you or somehow manage not to make it into your article. Thank you again for your lack of concern for the people involved in the accident and the huge amount of disrespect you showed our members. We are one of the most environmentally conscious groups around. So please research you little stories before you slander our member by calling them destructive and irresponsible.
Thank You.
Adam McArthur

mookie
04-28-2004, 11:23 PM
I removed the accused photos. Please see my link.

http://www.killingtimeproductions.com/jeep/roll

flxy_tj
04-29-2004, 12:23 AM
:mad: On top of sending letters to the BLM expressing our concerns, I think we should contact the director of their website. I feel that it is necessary for all of us in the four wheeling community to express our concerns to them. Also ask them how they got the bad info on the supposed achocol comnsumption while out four wheeling. I believe all of us should contact them in some form of a letter or email them letting them know that if they want to watch over us like a hawk, they better make sure they have the story straight. The BLM did not put out the story stating the damage done and the achocol the AZWILD group did. I do not want to see any land shut down at all but I feel if we can't be there as responsible four wheelers then they should not be allowed to hike there either.......
I will include the contact info for the AZWILD group
Don Hoffman, Director: dhoffman@azwild.org
Jason Williams, Central Mountains/Sonoran Regional Director: jwilliams@azwild.org
So lets contact them and let them know how we feel. In a tactfull way please we do not want to give them anymore to feed off.

Jon Snowden

jeepsonly
04-29-2004, 08:21 AM
You can absolutely get them to remove that picture Mookie. They are in violation of your copyright priviledge. Technically you could sue them for about $250 for unauthorized, unlicensed use of that photo and any others they may be using. You might consider that to help keep these extremists from mis-using photos on their website.

mookie
04-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks Bill,

I have spoken to my lawyer about my copyrighted photos and links to my site. I'm not sure if I want this fight. Thanks for the support folks.

Mookie

Huck
04-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Well there Mookie,
I see what you were talking about now. I wonder how someone can so radically change what actually happened and still sleep at night. Taking things out of context and placing your own captions is, just more political medicine man mojo. How do they take a photo of a rescue attempt the next day as you were drinking the night before when it happened. Also, the road crumbling underneath you, is one of the unforseen incidents inherent in any outdoor activity. Its a good thing I didn't put any of my photos of the recovery up in the whoops section like I was going to do. (I figured I'd leave you a little present in the whoops section for when you return from the road, but not now :( ) Well, its all damage and slander control. I'll spend some time and get out some tactful emails. As far as I know, the trail is far from trashed (wasn't when I was out there last).
Good luck,
Huck

Huck
04-29-2004, 02:51 PM
I just spent thirty minutes typing up a point by point rebuttal. This was emailed to all of the addresses shown in the post. I hope this helps.
Huck

flxy_tj
04-29-2004, 04:35 PM
:D Good I'm gald people are writting to these people. I wrote a letter to Don lastnight so it was in his mailbox first thing this morning. I personally was not involved in the rescuse of Mookie's rig, but I still took the time to write a letter expressing my concerns on how they are pointing fingers and trying to make it sound like alcohol was involved. I hope they at least think twice before writing things up in a public forum that are inaccurate.
I also expressed my concern on how they said it was so trashed in the canyon but never once mentioned a cleanup effort ........ :rolleyes:
See you on the trail.
Jon Snowden

azrocksyj93
04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
How do we get in touch with AZWILD group and have them remove the pic. If at least we got there e-mail address we could bombard them with e-mail until they got our side and REMOVE the pic

1BLKJP
04-29-2004, 04:49 PM
:mad: I will include the contact info for the AZWILD group
Don Hoffman, Director: dhoffman@azwild.org
Jason Williams, Central Mountains/Sonoran Regional Director: jwilliams@azwild.org
So lets contact them and let them know how we feel. In a tactfull way please we do not want to give them anymore to feed off.

Jon Snowden

Here are the email addresses for the azwild org. From Jon's post.

BRUZR
04-29-2004, 05:10 PM
I just clicked the link from the beginning of this thread and it comes up with an internal server error.

jeepsonly
04-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Got a server error here also. They may have pulled the link or something.

Mookie, you don't need a lawyer to fight this one. Copyright law is a black and white issue. My company has never lost a copyright case because the laws are clear on the issue. Plus, unless you officially copyrighted it, that one picture would only entitle you to about $250 in compensation from them so you're talking small claims. They stole your picture and used it against the hobby you so enjoy. Make them raise $250 in donations to cover it.

BTW, anticipating they would pull the picture once they started getting letters, I made a pdf copy of that web page as proof. If you want it, let me know.

Bill

Antman
04-29-2004, 08:57 PM
The link doesn't work anymore! :) :D

flxy_tj
04-29-2004, 09:15 PM
:D :D :D ... Good deal we should still keep emailing them letting them know how disappointed we are with the way thay handled the situation. I still have not received a reply from Don the director of the AZWILD group. I will let everyone know if I ever do. :cool:
See you guys on the trail,
Jon Snowden

k7mto
04-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Make them raise $250 in donations to cover it.

Good idea. And when they ask who to make the check out to, have them donate it to the Blue Ribbon Coalition. If they refuse, have them make it out to you, then donate it in their organization's name :)

JamesT
04-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Mookie, this one was for you on the other board:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/message/100742

Huck
04-30-2004, 01:00 AM
FYI- I had very nice replies from Shela and Fransisco. Shela was wondering about the link. Dhoffman's was a little less than that. If you want me to post his response I can. Essentially he stands by what he wrote/posted, as a retired Forest Service Officer. He lives in Alpine and runs a ranch and owns a Jeep. This being said, I replied back and let him know that I don't like having my butt posted on his site or my jeep or my winch...... No I wasn't that bad, but it looks like something we/I did worked cause now I understand the link doesn't work anymore, from these posts. I'm still a little too PO'd to check back. Fransicso seemed to like hearing from someone who was there. I really appreciated the tone of his message.
I'm off to LA for the weekend and most likely won't be back til Tuesday. Who knows, I might log on from a friend's place, just to see.
Mookie is getting ready to leave for tour/work in a week and his Jeep will be put on the unibody rack tomorrow. I have know idea what his web access will be like from the road, but will try to update him by phone.
Its ashame that we all have to take time to combat this issue. I had no idea about the politcal mumbo jumbo machine down here. I've just been fighting the Snowbowl issue from years of living in Flagstaff. I guess I'll spend more time documenting the cleanup then the accident in the future. (I didn't take any of the posted photos-just two of the Rubi using its winch and one of me strapping Steve out of Box Canyon-these are posted no where, as I use film)
Thought you'd want to know,
Huck

Huck
04-30-2004, 07:35 AM
Here's another note I got from Shela today:

I couldn't get into the site; the folks must have pulled that link. I did
read the note that was posted on Killing Time Productions about the
explanation of the event.
Thanks Huck.

Shela A. McFarlin, Field Manager
USDI, Bureau of Land Management
Tucson Field Office
12661 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85748-7208
520-258-7200, 7201 fax 258-7238
Shela_McFarlin@blm.gov

FYI guys-it seems like our quick responses have helped our cause.

I'm off to LA- Have a great weekend :)

arlo
04-30-2004, 12:55 PM
****kkkkkkkkkkk......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Call me James.....let me know if you have those Blazer axles....

arlo@netzero.com
602-299-4309 :D

flxy_tj
05-04-2004, 01:12 AM
:D ... Well everything went good on sunday. We all meet up got our plans together headed out got some pics of the area where the rollover took place and everything looked good. Put down some peat sorb for good measure. Was a good trip for all some went up the trail and I stayed with others and we went and played around and headed for home. Was a good day wheeling I always have fun when I'm out and about.Not to sure how to post pics on this site so give me a while to figure it out unless anybody has any ideas :confused:
Jon Snowden

mookie
05-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey all,

Once again, thanks to everyone for the support.

I'm leaving on Tuesday night for a 4 month tour without my Jeeps. :(

I will be the audio engineer for the band Fishbone ( http://www.fishbone.net/ ) until June 1. After that I will be tour managing an american folk singer named Ethan Daniel Davidson ( http://www.ethandanieldavidson.com ) through Europe until August 14. I will be updating my web site and checking my E-mail.

Mookie
http://www.killingtimeproductions.com

k7mto
05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Have a safe/fun trip, Mookie. Maybe Joe West will donate a few AZVJC stickers for you to pass out to some European Jeepers you might happen across on your trip. Or at least one to get some shots of in some obscure foreign places.

Enjoy and see you in a few months.