PDA

View Full Version : Deploying....

sally
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I will be deploying next year. I singed my tasking letter yeseterday. This will be my second deployment but my first one ive voulnteered for. I took my buddys spot because his wife is due around the time we would be gone and she is a high risk pregency. I know where we are going do i think were staying thier no becuase iam required to go to CST (combat skills training) and will be deploying with weapons. This inst a long deployment as of now only a four monther says 123 days but we will see.. I will keep this thread going with updates and eventualy pictuers when im there. I know its a ways away but im getting prepared. TAX free E-5 pay here i come debt good bye, and xj hope your looking forward to some new goodies...DOC we will be in touch form some of your crazy custom metal work things like a cage and rear bumper...so fill free to get the wheels turning now... Till i found out more.

knockonit
12-04-2009, 08:55 AM
good luck and stay safe, thanks for serving
ric

sally
12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I like what i do and i love doing my part..so no thanks necessary

WalterD
12-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Stay safe.

blazerv10
12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
x3 on the stay safe. you dont know where your going? wish you luck ond come home the way you leave. thanks for your service.

Doc in AZ
12-05-2009, 06:04 AM
good luck & God speed.

i remember the good ol' days of being a 20 year old & volunteering for deployments just for the "Fun Trave & Adventure". out of 5 deployments to iraq i volunteered for 4 of them... i was always safe though.. i'm so skinny i would just turn sideways and the bullets would miss me :D

go out there and kick some ***!!

AZLugz
12-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Thank you and your guys for serving and prayers for a safe return

OlneyJeeps
12-05-2009, 09:13 AM
x3 on the stay safe. you dont know where your going? wish you luck ond come home the way you leave. thanks for your service.

X4 on the stay safe

TanTJJim
12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
good luck & God speed.

i remember the good ol' days of being a 20 year old & volunteering for deployments just for the "Fun Trave & Adventure". out of 5 deployments to iraq i volunteered for 4 of them... i was always safe though.. i'm so skinny i would just turn sideways and the bullets would miss me :D

go out there and kick some ***!!

When I was deployed, FTA didn't mean that anymore :)

Have fun out there Sally, man, a 4 month deployment. That's almost like a vacation :)

sally
12-05-2009, 03:38 PM
To all thanks...Yeah i know where im going but not something i can display...opsec.. but yes only 4 months because of my job..our mission is just as important over seas as it is here in the states and as of right now we are only gone for a four months..they are looking to extending it to 6 but we will see.

Henthorn
12-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey!

I am actually at CST right now!.....It suck!!! I Will Embrace the suck!!

Its actually not that bad---just a bunch of hurry up and wait....and powerpoint....and powerpoint.........I thought we did it bad in the air force, but the army LOVES IT.

Its been really cold here at Ft. Dix latley....rain, snow, etc.. and the 0530 mornings are not helping out at all.

Just keep an open mindset when you get to your cst location---take heed of the training because you never know. You may never need it...but that 1 time you do...

Good luck!

howhypno
12-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Matt,
Thanks for your service man! Good luck and x5 (or whatever we're up to) on the stay safe.

CrazyKen

sally
12-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey!

I am actually at CST right now!.....It suck!!! I Will Embrace the suck!!

Its actually not that bad---just a bunch of hurry up and wait....and powerpoint....and powerpoint.........I thought we did it bad in the air force, but the army LOVES IT.

Its been really cold here at Ft. Dix latley....rain, snow, etc.. and the 0530 mornings are not helping out at all.

Just keep an open mindset when you get to your cst location---take heed of the training because you never know. You may never need it...but that 1 time you do...

Good luck!

Hey man Best of luck to you as well and stay warm...But im actual looking forward to CST. A chance to shoot guns and waste ammo on the military dimes sign me up. I guess i just look forward to it because my .45 is getting to exspensive. but yes i will take it to heart because i may never use it but if i should im glad i paid attention.

to every one else i will stay low..and your welcome, i like what i do.

kinkade4life
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow, I have to find this out on the forum? I just talked to you yesterday and didnt say anything about this? Thanks!

Henthorn
12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey man Best of luck to you as well and stay warm...But im actual looking forward to CST. A chance to shoot guns and waste ammo on the military dimes sign me up. I guess i just look forward to it because my .45 is getting to exspensive. but yes i will take it to heart because i may never use it but if i should im glad i paid attention.

to every one else i will stay low..and your welcome, i like what i do.

Just dont have any high expectations on how many times you shoot......

about twice---- once if you have an m4/16 and another if you are carrying a M9.. rest of the time....just carrying around the m4/16 unloaded as a paperweight.

Phtmphxr
12-26-2009, 11:54 PM
X6 on the "be safe and take care!!! Remember bullets do hurt :pinch:and the "Purple Heart" is just another way of saying " I was stupid enough not to get out of the way award" :aagh::aagh:Been ther done that (twice). Any way be safe and come home in one piece! :fashizzle:

(Retired Air Force):army::army:

M60A1
01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
You may not think you deserve thanks but you do. From one old soldier to a younger one, Thanks and carry on.

sally
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone i found out where iam going...if your smart enough you'll have a genral idea. cant give any more info for good reason obviously.
Alpha Foxtrot Golf Alpha Novemember

sally
01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Sorry jeff...yoru busy becoming a REAL LIFE hero and i figured you forgot us out here on base...hey but seriously when are you free i still have your tents.

sally
01-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Quick update...MY combat training has been bumped up from april to the end of this month..going to be cold in wisconsin from jan to feb....and since that got bumped i lost my ALS class which could prevent me from sewing on my staff stripe...so kinda waiting to hear about that. As for my deployment still is the same location and should be real intreasting...

My Green Jeep
01-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Matt.... take care of yourself and keep us updated... hope everything
works out in your favor!

phxxjguy
01-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Good luck out there and again stay safe.

PHXYJ
01-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Stay safe out there man!

Keep us updated.

sally
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Quick update

Leaving base tomorrow for our combat training should be back at the end of FEB. going to be really cold in WI. like -9* way diffrent then our 60's here huh. Will take pics and share when i return...

sally
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Well little update im in Wisconsin freezing my *** off doing combat training sort of....I say sort of because a lot of training im getting is stuff i wont or cant do due to my job. But Im still taking all that i can in.. Should be back the 24th to good ol Az in warmer weather. 7*F and snow is not fun to lay and shot in..Hope all is well...cant wait to get back home and get some seat time in...

Number 7
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Hope all is well. George:)

sally
02-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Hope all is well. George:)

it is just freezing cold here in wisconsin and ready to get back to az asap.

ShmUDE
02-15-2010, 02:38 PM
http://virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32485&d=1265844703

sally
02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey every one just got back from my training on wed. its good to be home even thought the airlines lost my baggage. So know im hanging out till i deploy in the spring...and oh yeah did i mention how i missed the az weather compared to the freezing wisconsin cold..well i did lol.

sally
02-26-2010, 07:36 AM
some pics of the fun

NVRSTUKTJ
02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
sorry.....but Ma Deuce still gives me wood......:-)

ShmUDE
02-26-2010, 09:03 AM
i thought your nametag said

SLAYERS

Craig Hayes
02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey good luck on your deployment even if you requested it. From my family to you thank you for putting your arse on the line so we here at home can run these trails and be safe. Look forward to hearing bout your travels and hope to meet you on the trails when you return..

Henthorn
03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Quick update...MY combat training has been bumped up from april to the end of this month..going to be cold in wisconsin from jan to feb....and since that got bumped i lost my ALS class which could prevent me from sewing on my staff stripe...so kinda waiting to hear about that. As for my deployment still is the same location and should be real intreasting...

If you havent already---GET AN ALS WAIVER!!!

This should have been part of your deployment package for CENTAF (They require a promotion letter if you are slated to be---and a ALS waiver counts as both.

It needs to come from your chain (Your Shirt/Commander) --to group--to wing. nothing is special about it--its a very simple routine memmorandum to fill out.

EDIT: ALSO, like any paperwork you bring over here----MAKE MANY, MANY, MANY Copies!

I would make at LEAST 20 coppies of your orders, and 6-8 of your promo letter (als waiver). It seems excessive, but believe me... you need them....

sally
03-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah my shirt is working the waiver now..and i now about copys..the military losses everything so i got it thanks for the tips man.

Henthorn
03-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Yeah my shirt is working the waiver now..and i now about copys..the military losses everything so i got it thanks for the tips man.

Awesome!

Have fun!

sally
03-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Awesome!

Have fun!

yeah for sure i usualy do..its another experince non the less though.

PHXYJ
04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Any updates?

Phoenix

sally
05-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Any updates?

Phoenix

Sorry i left sky harbor on the 30th of april and got stuck in norfolk for five days. Flew out of norfolk after a few stops made it to Manas. From there flew in to Afghanistan. Been here for about a week, and have gone to a few bases and still have more to go. weather is nice right now. highs maybe 80's and cool at night. No sand storms and no rain so thats a plus oh and no attacks. But staying busy traveling to various FOB's, working out and of course reading jeep mags. Sorry it took ahwile but im good.

:drummer:

Antman
05-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Sorry i left sky harbor on the 30th of april and got stuck in norfolk for five days. Flew out of norfolk after a few stops made it to Manas. From there flew in to Afghanistan. Been here for about a week, and have gone to a few bases and still have more to go. weather is nice right now. highs maybe 80's and cool at night. No sand storms and no rain so thats a plus oh and no attacks. But staying busy traveling to various FOB's, working out and of course reading jeep mags. Sorry it took ahwile but im good.

:drummer:

Hey man keep the updates coming! Sorry to hear you got stuck in Norfolk for 5 days.:pinch:
I understand it's still just as bad as it was in the 40's, 50's and 60's etc. :worthless:

Thanks!

sally
05-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey man keep the updates coming! Sorry to hear you got stuck in Norfolk for 5 days.:pinch:
I understand it's still just as bad as it was in the 40's, 50's and 60's etc. :worthless:

Thanks!

no it wasnt too bad in Va..But about the pics that is a little hard on a gov. computer. if i get some place with wifi ill post them from my laptop.

sally
05-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Well still suck at the HUB in afghanistan waiting for a flight to our FOB (forward operating base) Rained the last couple days but thats been about it...

PHXYJ
05-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Glad to hear everything is ok still man!

But yeah, keep us updated!

and x2 on the :worthless:

:fashizzle:

Phoenix

desertangel
05-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Be safe and keep in touch. We will hit the tanks when you get back.

sally
05-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Be safe and keep in touch. We will hit the tanks when you get back.

Im going to hold you to it.

well quick update flew out last night a c-130 out of bagram to kandahar now waithing for another flight to our FOB. so till then its about killing time..

desertangel
05-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Im going to hold you to it.

Just dont count on me to lead. I get lost 10 feet from the road.

Directionally challenged is what I am unless it is in town

lancetkenyon
05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Stay safe and hurry home. Thanks for your service.

sally
05-24-2010, 08:46 AM
So a real quick run down. The team and I that left luke about a month ago made it to our FOB in afghanistan. It was an intresting trip. we would have been here sooner but got held up in kandahar for a few days..But we are glad to be here and unpack. we have been living out of our 72 hour bags for three weeks so it was a trip to say the least but were here safe and sound and ready to start work...Once i have some good pictures ill be more then happy to share, but till then this is all i have. Thanks for all the support. Cant wait to get back home and go wheeling TM and the tanks. Being here in afghanistan makes me miss our desert so much more...I bet this place would have great wheeling if all the IED's and mines were gone.

kinkade4life
05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Matt,
Glad you guys have made it safe and sound.....sounds like you guys had one hell of a trip over there. Let me know if you or Megan need anything. I can always take your XJ to Doc for you so it is done when you get home too! :smug:

sally
05-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks Jeff, but the jeep will sit need to get my pay fixed..the military feels i dont need tax free, hostile fire pay, family sep and hardship duty so right now nothing is happening to the jeep..Plus first thing will be the new 8.8 rear end to handle 35's...hehe oh do i have plans with my deployment money...all in time ill share

kinkade4life
05-26-2010, 06:20 PM
that sucks about the pay....doesnt surprise me tho. You shouldnt get your family sep pay until you get back, but the rest should be paid now? ***O? That will be a nice check when they finally fix it tho!

sally
05-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes jeff it will be nice indeed. First paying off some bills then ill focus on my toys.

Well couple days ago a got to fly in a helicopter around afghan for some training. Flew around the base and over some nearby villages. saw a person herding a pack of goats while another rode a camel made me laugh. Also attached are a picture of the camel spiders we have here that one made # 13 in two weeks. mean bastards. Also are some of the fire trucks here in the desert. enjoy.

sally
07-04-2010, 02:18 AM
well real quick happy fourth of july to every one not much new here getting hot very quickly...been trying new things such as the local food and what not here are some pictures..enjoy..

STEVE FREEMAN
07-05-2010, 09:42 PM
damn sally those camel spiders are one ugly s o b, god speed and thank you for your service.

sally
07-06-2010, 05:26 AM
yeah they are and they are fast as hell too...they can run up to 10mph...screw that and your welcome.

sally
07-08-2010, 05:38 AM
the only active duty FD in Afghan.

sally
07-18-2010, 07:02 AM
368513686436861368623685936856368533686336860well not much new to report on...staying busy with either work or in the gym...but got to do something a little out side of my job per say. Got to work the main entry control point so that was intresting in a good way..but other then that got about 50 days left or so..enjoy the pics

sally
08-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Well not much new to report i have a little over a month left then ill be back in Az wheeling again and how i cant wait. Still hot and windy but doing good considering.

sally
08-18-2010, 05:58 AM
quick update found out we will be heading out of our FOB in 13 days so hope fully home the first week of sept. and back to wheeling in the Az desert.

sally
08-24-2010, 05:04 AM
about a week left and we start heading home...should be home the 7th of sept give or take...

stevekim7d2
08-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Right on, my friend is over there in Afgan, I believe he is home sometime in Sept also. He was Navy, about 12 years ago, out for like 10 years, then signed up as reserve for the army, and then was deployed.
Steve

zjfabn
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
about a week left and we start heading home...should be home the 7th of sept give or take...

Good to here Matt. Thanks for all you do and have a safe return.
Can't wait to see all your mods in action!

sally
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey thanks jeff. yeah i cant wait either...crazy to go back and look at pictures of when you were building the bumper and sliders to what it will be in a few weeks...it is a jeep..Just Empty Every Pocket huh. And no problem i enjoy what i do.

sally
08-28-2010, 09:08 PM
8 more days and ill be home and abck in Az...so close..

zjfabn
08-28-2010, 10:02 PM
And I'm guessing this just might change a little,
95' XJ~BB~31x10.5x15~custom metal work~long list of wants

sally
08-29-2010, 05:36 AM
You can say that.

sally
09-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone well quick update im no longer in Aghanistan. On my way home as i type. Currently at a hub waiting for my flight tomorrow morning back to the states. The stay the nigh in Maryland and then back in AZ that monday..and looking forward to being back..

Doc in AZ
09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
very nice... glad to see you headed home!

i always hated that transition back to the world and having to do the duffle bag draf for 3 or 4 days and hand out copies of my travel orders like candy on halloween.

PHXYJ
09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Glad to hear you are coming home!

sally
09-03-2010, 10:30 PM
thanks PHXJ AND DOC so true..but im just ready to get home see the wife and weel the jeep..

PHXYJ
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
We are going to have to go wheeling whenever your back and I have a new rig

sally
09-03-2010, 10:41 PM
for sure even more so since my xj is getting new rear axel and upgrading the front and lift and some 35's..

PHXYJ
09-03-2010, 10:42 PM
See.. New rig for you essentially, and new rig for me literally.. Well eventually anyway. Gotta find one to purchase now.

sally
09-03-2010, 10:45 PM
yeah pretty much best of luck on the hunt.

Antman
09-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your service and welcome home.

Now go wheel!

phxxjguy
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Welcome back! Glad you made it back home okay. Thanks for your service.

sally
09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Not back yet just getting close. I fly out towards the states in a few hours...ill be back home in az on the 6th by 10am

phxxjguy
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Well at least your out of the sand box right?:patriot:

sally
09-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Im home safe and sound and all done in processing with the base so now im on my two weeks off and it feels good.

NVRSTUKTJ
09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome back.....and thanx again for serving.....