PDA

View Full Version : Bike Ride... samdog3 Memorial Run

JeepPunk
10-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Plan is to run up the back way to Prescott, up to Jerome, back down to I-17, Some can peel off and head South if needed at Camp Verde. Continue on towards Payson via 260 then back to Fountain Hills on 87.

Meet at the Chevron (Carefree Hwy and I-17) at 8am, looking like Sunday the 8th.

Does not matter what you ride, just come out and enjoy some great roads, people and fun. This was one of many routes Joe liked to run. Will be a good ride with the option of some miles, but has the ability to be cut short if needed with the intersection of I-17.

If anyone wants to meet us in Fountain Hills prior to heading over to Ben Avery that would be great. We will plan on meeting up with Carole for a cup of coffee at the Starbucks on Palisades. If you can make it, she would love to see the bikes and everyone.

Dave and Sarah

Fire Ball
10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
My brother will be in town the weekend of th e 6th and there will be some serious wheeling, raping and pillaging going on that weekend :D

Bilt4Comfort
10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Wish I had a scooter to ride.

ob1jeeper
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Did the first half of that ride today with some folks from here in town... :smug: GREAT day for a ride...:fashizzle:

chopped7
10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
i can only make the sunday runs. i voted the 22 but i can make the 8th too.

bilt....check your pm.

RubiDing
10-27-2009, 11:04 AM
The 8th is the only day I have open.

David

vwkaferman
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I voted the 8th but I'm posting here to help remind myself to check in. I would love to do this run in his memory. I've got the gear (don't care if it's cold) and the bike.

James

chopped7
10-30-2009, 08:39 AM
it looks like it's gonna be the 8th.

dave, instead of ben avery to meet, could we meet somewhere at carefree highway and I-17? i think there's a coffee shop there and i know there's a mcdonalds. i got to ben avery early last year and it sucked waiting. especially since we were in the wrong place. just a thought.

JeepPunk
10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
it looks like it's gonna be the 8th.

dave, instead of ben avery to meet, could we meet somewhere at carefree highway and I-17? i think there's a coffee shop there and i know there's a mcdonalds. i got to ben avery early last year and it sucked waiting. especially since we were in the wrong place. just a thought.

Sounds good to me at the new meet place. I know there is a Chevron station at that location, McDonalds, etc.
Sunday the 8th seems to the be the day so far. I have a potential other bikes willing to join.
Dave

chopped7
11-03-2009, 05:47 AM
how about we meet at mcdonalds @I-17 and carefree hwy? i'm surprised more people haven't signed up for the ride. Oh well. does anyone know how to get in touch with doug(moriarty). i wonder if he would like to go. i haven't seen him on vjc in a while.

edit: i just saw you changed your original post to meet at chevron. i'll see you guys at chevron.

RubiDing
11-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Dave,

What time at Starbucks in FH?

David

JeepPunk
11-03-2009, 07:07 AM
We are planning on getting to Starbucks at 6:30. If we go up through Tonto/Rio its approx. 40 miles over. If we go Shea, 101, Pima, Carefree is approx. 40 miles. If we go over via Shea, 101, and then North on I-17 it is approx 38 miles but should be the fastest route.

We should be able to make pretty good time on bikes so we figure leave Starbucks no later than 7am.

D&S

delicateflower
11-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for putting this together!

I'll check with my bf to see if he's up for it.

vwkaferman
11-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey, I see two Starbucks on Palisades there, relatively close to each other. I'm assuming it's the one that is actually addressed as being on 16425 E Palisades Blvd? I guess the other one might be in a Basha's or something, no?

I'd love to meet up in Fountain Hills, not too far from where I am. I've not hung out with fellow Jeepers in a long time so I'll be a new face to probably everyone but hell, why not.

James

owtdorz
11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a great time but.......
The 8th?
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=50160

RubiDing
11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey, I see two Starbucks on Palisades there, relatively close to each other. I'm assuming it's the one that is actually addressed as being on 16425 E Palisades Blvd? I guess the other one might be in a Basha's or something, no?

I'd love to meet up in Fountain Hills, not too far from where I am. I've not hung out with fellow Jeepers in a long time so I'll be a new face to probably everyone but hell, why not.

James

Palisades Blvd and Avenue of the Fountian, not in Basha's or Safeway, in between the two.

JeepPunk
11-03-2009, 08:04 PM
The 8th is correct, I understand owtdorz... sucks this is on the same day, but it works for the majority.

vwkaferman, look forward to meeting up with you. We should be pulling out of bucks no later than 7 to meet up with the rest at 8am. Its a great ride with even better people.

Meeting at 6:30ish on Sunday the 8th in Fountain Hills at the Starbucks on Palisades (next to blockbuster). Meeting up with everyone else at 8am at Carefree highway and I-17.

Weather is calling for a high in Jerome on Sunday to be 60.

D&S

Huck
11-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the PM and the direction to this thread. While I'm up for a ride and would love to join you with my wife along for the ride, that won't work for us on the 8th. Next weekend would be much better for us. I'm just getting back in town from working a hunt in Northern AZ and have to play catch up. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see what develops. If the date changes I/we are in.

So, thanks for the invite, but I can't make it this weekend. I'll be on one of the scoots, everyday this week, but can't spend the day with you guys on Sunday.

FWIW- It looks to me like the poll has the 14th as the day most folks can make it. Seems like that is the date of the 'majority' pick.....
Ride safe,
Huck

delicateflower
11-05-2009, 01:44 PM
We really wanted to go, but we won't be able to do it this weekend. Have a great time, guys, and stay safe!

chopped7
11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
see y'all at chevronin the morning. i may be a couple minutes late so if you guys need a couple extra minutes to finish your lattes go ahead. i have to drop my son off at 7:30 am down by the university of phoenix stadium then i'll be on my way.

vwkaferman
11-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Well damn it, installed some upper oil cooling lines in the Bandit and of course had one come loose on me this morning. Whole right side of bike is covered in oil including rear tire, my leg, nursed it back home and now I'm bummed.

Really sorry fellas, I was looking forward to this so much. :( I'll check in for the after trip reports from everyone.

James