PDA

View Full Version : Truck stolen last night

Big Will
10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Sorry Joe if I posted this in the wrong section. Was gonna post it in the stolen jeeps section but it ain't a jeep, lol. Only posting here incase these a-holes took it out joyriding in the desert, figured a jeeper would be the first to find it. Most likely it's Me-hee-co bound.

My fiance actually watched the truck pull away, she ran inside to tell me and grab the phone and didn't see which way they went, too bad cause I could have caught them, with the messed up tranny the truck wouldn't do more than 45. A big thanks to Phoenix PD, they were at the house in record time and even called out the ghetto bird to assist in the search. No luck as of this morning, I went and searched every single lot and apartment complex in a two-three mile area and found nothing. I doubt it will pop up, I'm sure it's in the desert somewhere or bound for me-hee-co, but here's a pic or two incase anyone see's it parked somewhere. Fortunately my fiance is my insurance agent, so we'll see what I can get claimed, I had her add extra coverage about a year ago to vocer all the add ons we had done, but we'll see what the adjuster says.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/bgwlystyl/F250.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/bgwlystyl/Truck2.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/bgwlystyl/Truckside2.jpg
Half pic
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/Camping_and_Quading/Easter%2009/Easter09298.jpg

djui5
10-01-2009, 09:59 AM
:( This is sad.

Big Will
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, nothings safe in Phoenix or the surrounding area. We need harder penalties for theives. We need to go back to the hangin days, or at least a good whipping.

FourxDad
10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
:( This is sad.

X2

PS. Randy Dont ever change that avatar !!!!

djui5
10-01-2009, 10:11 AM
PS. Randy Dont ever change that avatar !!!!

Don't plan on it :D

Howyadoin
10-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I hate ****in' thieves...best of luck and I'm sure everyone will keep a look-out. I'm a big fan of the "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth concept" personally. One thing that Muslim countries do have right is there punishment system from what I've heard. Get caught stealing...lose a hand, seems pretty straight forward to me personally. This is probably what the dems are complaining about as an intrusion on "human rights" though, so our penalties actually decrease over time...makes sense eh?:aagh:

mingoglia
10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Sorry to hear that. It's also unfortunate that there's so many trucks similar to yours on the road so it'll make it even tougher to find. I somewhat regularly get notes on my truck from people wanting to buy it. Since 90% of the properties in my area have landscape companies that do their yard a lot of sets of eyes are on my truck... makes me a bit nervous.

Big Will
10-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah it was prolly for the best that I didn't catch up to them last night, I have a bad temper and don't have that little voice inside my head that tells me when "too much" is enough. Having my truck stolen and ending up in jail would have made for a even worse night. Yeah there are a ton of F250's out there, not too many in the color I had though, it was that greenish blue color, and it was lifted with 18's and 325's, but but not too big, she towed real nice.

ArizonaJeeper
10-01-2009, 01:09 PM
That just sucks...I will also keep an eye open for it on my 60+ daily commute.

My1stJeep
10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Had a friend with a very similar truck (but dark red) with the V10. Theirs was found in AZ down South, had been used for a couple weeks to run illegals across the border and drugs (found some remains of the pot). The roof was crushed in, they said from illegals riding on the top as they cross the border. It was found after it got stuck and they could not get it out, they left there.

Sorry to hear about it, I will keep an eye out and we will hope for the best.

xplodn
10-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry to hear, that sucks man.

CyclistBrad
10-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Hope you dont find it on the side of the road near PV mall.... my tainted gas can also went missing last night.

sally
10-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Sucks man i hope the best for you and i hope the $h!t bags that took it get whats rightfully thiers...best of luck man

Big Will
10-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah I'm worried about what it's gonna look like at this point, anything and everything of value on it is gonna be gone, not worth keeping and not worth rebuilding. We'll see what happens with the insurance next, if it's not found I have to wait 30 days.

lancetkenyon
10-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I had an 02 stolen. Found 7 days later.....totalled. On the res, with 27 sets of footprint leaving the scene. ****ing thieves and coyotes.

xjloverjesse
10-02-2009, 03:10 PM
sorry to here this BEST of luck to you and your family!!!!

Big Will
10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
They found it this morning, somewhere towards Wickenburg, appears they were having a good ol time at my trucks expense, there is not a body panel on the truck that isn't severly scratched and dented, there is still pieces of trees and brush stuck in crevaces. The door handle was ripped off, the hammer and light they used to break in was still in the truck. The stereo face plate was gone but the stereo was still there, as well as all my speakers and amp which is well secured, they would have had to remove the backseat to get those out. The inside was extremely trashed and the hubs were locked so they were definately off roading, appears they had time to make a Jack in the Box break too, there wrappers all over and frys on the dash. The adjuster to go out and list what was missing, and than they will be out on Tuesday to take an estimate and get it towed to a shop. We have some friends at San Tan so we will preferabley get it in there, it did start but the turbo is making noises, it sounds like they dusted it, seeing as the filter is sitting in my garage cause I had it out so I could clean it. Goddamn thieves, I hope karma has something real special in line for them.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/Camping_and_Quading/Truck9.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/Camping_and_Quading/Truck7.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/Camping_and_Quading/Truck5.jpg
Here's what worries me, it's the unseen damage to the motor, tranny, and suspension, cause they obviously beat the hell out of my truck.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/Camping_and_Quading/Truck3.jpg

mingoglia
10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Make sure the adjuster knows about the lack of an air cleaner... those turbos can really run up the bill and it's surely toast. In these situations I'm never sure if it's appropriate to say glad you got it back... or just the opposite. So I will say hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Mike

djui5
10-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Holy hell!! Glad you found it though. Didn't they dust it for prints? Don't look like it.

zjfabn
10-02-2009, 08:22 PM
At least you know what happen to it.
Im sure that Jack in the box has at least the driver on tape but you better get to it fast before its recorded over. GL

Big Will
10-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Naw they didn't dust, but I left the hammer and a flashlight, that wasn't mine, that they used to break in, in the truck. They don't usually actively pursue these guys, unless they are caught in the act, or they catch them with your stolen property, they never get caught. Yeah, I'm torn as to what I would like to come of the truck, we were gunna sell it in a few months and go with a motorhome as the truck doesn't get used much anymore, so either I get it back back to original condition, and sell it, or the insurance totals it, which worries me because I know they won't give me anything near what I would have got for it had I sold it on the street when it was in perfect condition. Just have to play the waiting game now. Thanks for condolences folks.

lancetkenyon
10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
If the frame is damaged, you can refuse the truck for safety reasons. I doubt they will even let you take it back, I am sure they will total it out.

xplodn
10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah its pretty beat up, by the time you replace all that and do the motor work then your looking over the cost of the truck. Just be firm and tell them you want fair value, and you can remove any non-stock items if you dont like the amount they give you for them.

devilzz
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't plan on it :D

Will watch for Ford!!!

FYI-I REALLY liked the headlights on your other avatar Randy :devilish: