PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Training collars

SHNIPE
09-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Anyone have a training collar with decent range that they are not using? need one with vibrate and shock function if possible. Gonna start training the lab during yote hunts and hiking while giving her the distance to go and explore and be able to recall her without making any noise.

Used/unused doesnt matter. Someones gotta have one they wanna get rid of.

SHNIPE
09-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh forgot to add: Shes a medium sized lab

lancetkenyon
09-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I have a set of collars you can use. I will lend them to you, but I would like them back when you are done. It is actually a 2 dog set, but you can use just one at a time. I will be getting another dog in a year or 3, and will need them then. Used on a Lab and a German Shorthair, so should fit fine.

SHNIPE
09-30-2009, 06:57 PM
PM directions to Instigationfieldvilleton? LOL Ill take you up on that for the time being. Ill even pick your brain on theory and practice on their use! Thanks lance

lancetkenyon
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM
PM directions to Instigationfieldvilleton? LOL Ill take you up on that for the time being. Ill even pick your brain on theory and practice on their use! Thanks lance

I might have a great dog training book I used for my dogs you can use too. It is an old book, but works awesome if you stick to it. I will check on Friday when I get home from CA. We could probably hook up on Sat or Sun. Westside!!! PM inbound.

asjazwa
09-30-2009, 07:28 PM
hey i would like some info onthese to. i will be getting a lab in about 2 weeks i think. nice lookin pups. but i wantto be able to have a well trained pup for wheellin and camping

slickrrr
09-30-2009, 08:07 PM
i bought a two dog set recently for my labs, they are well behaved but are starting to develop a habit of not coming to you when they get to sniffing, put them on the other day and it was like they knew what was up, they listened perfectly, not going to lie, kinda wanted to push the button and see how they would react to them but they followed every command perfect

Bilt4Comfort
09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Wonder if jeeperapril is still using hers...

SHNIPE
09-30-2009, 08:45 PM
i bought a two dog set recently for my labs, they are well behaved but are starting to develop a habit of not coming to you when they get to sniffing, put them on the other day and it was like they knew what was up, they listened perfectly, not going to lie, kinda wanted to push the button and see how they would react to them but they followed every command perfect

Rick yours are like mine. She does well but lately shes been pushing the envelope and jerks on the leash dont work till the 2nd or third. Off leash shes good when we're in urban environments but she wanders and comes back when shes ready after being called. Sometimes 4-5 calls later. Incentive is what she needs :P Have they reacted well with them?

lancetkenyon
09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
I know my wife comes the first whistle every time now.........but I have a different battery operated control module for her.

ryan rich
10-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Be careful with shocking them labs are very sensitive you might try hand signals first if you don't want to talk just a thought good luck Dennis

SHNIPE
10-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Be careful with shocking them labs are very sensitive you might try hand signals first if you don't want to talk just a thought good luck Dennis

Yeah she knows hand signals for sit, wait, lay, and comes to a "tssss" sound for quiet moments but thats what im lookin for the vibration function on the hiking unit so that i wont have to shock to recall. Ill train her to recall on the vibrate function. the shock will only be for the times shes forgets her training in public until i can get her back in line. Shes kind of like a toddler right now where i still have overall dominance but the reaction to command is lagging and slacking and i dont want to have her fear me with heavy voice or tugs etc.

ryan rich
10-10-2009, 12:14 AM
right on sounds good let me know how well she learns off the vibrations