PDA

View Full Version : Solidarity

NVRSTUKTJ
03-12-2004, 03:29 AM
was driving home yesterday and it was a bit warm so I reached down to turn on the a/c.....then it hit me.....my jeep brothers and sisters driving CJ/TJ/YJ/MB's, etc. were toughing it out with open cabs.....so as a sign of solidarity to my open top brethren, I left the a/c in the off position and dropped the windows......

Antman
03-12-2004, 06:17 AM
Hey! I did the same thing in my XJ!:D Also saw a red Grande cheroke with a club sticker at 7st and 101 with a club sticker. Didn't see anyone around about 4:40pm, but know it wasn't Rick Clarke's rig. Hope everything worked out ok.

jeepsonly
03-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Indeed! The only time I'd really want AC in my Jeep is if I was kind of dressed up and driving somewhere in July-Sep, since mine is a daily driver. Otherwise, it's top off, free flowing breeze for me.

k7mto
03-12-2004, 10:55 AM
The heck with that!

I drive a CJ with no AC. I'm also new to AZ and have yet to survive a summer here. If it was hot and I had AC, it'd be on! But hey, thanks for thinking about me ;)

I'm sure after a few seasons here I'll acclimate (sp) and won't be such a wuss about the heat :)

Antman
03-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Yea Matt......I keep telling myself after 30 plus years.......It's a dry heat.........:D

blooddrive
03-12-2004, 12:55 PM
It doesn't matter how long you are here. The summer is still extremely hot..

KURT
03-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Matt works from home...so his commute isn't so bad.:D

k7mto
03-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Even if I did commute, I wouldn't be doing it in the CJ, except maybe on occasion. It'd be in the ZJ which does have AC :D

KURT
03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
In solidarity with my father, who drives an MB, I've decided to cut the power steering belt off my TJ, and not shift higher than 3rd.:D

TimFryeAZ
04-05-2004, 12:02 AM
It got down to 30 degrees when we camped up on the Rim last weekend, so in solidarity with all my Jeepin brethren ( and to keep my wife from whining) I put the doors on my Jeep. No top, just the Bikini. I'll tell ya it was cold, but it was a dry cold. We had snow flurries at 7600' Great morning to stay snug in the sleeping bag!

Also, we found an elk carcass with some meat on it and the front haunches gnawed off. We moved on in about another half mile before camping. Found some real neat cat tracks around that kill :eek:

jeepin_al
04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
I am new to the Forum and just recently returned to AZ, as a sign of solidarity to my hard topped brothers I will no longer remove the soft top on the Jeep and enjoy the wonderful sunny weather we have been experiencing in Bullhead. Oh, I forgot, the soft top is in Tucson, I guess I will just leave the Bikini on, I will as least leave the doors on, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

weasel_ugs
04-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Yea Matt......I keep telling myself after 30 plus years.......It's a dry heat.........:D
So is fire! Don

P.S. Ive been using the A/C in my XJ for over a month now,I work in the heat all day so I aint driving in it . :D