PDA

View Full Version : Help, My tow rig question

Ben-Jeepin
02-03-2004, 06:40 AM
My 98 dodge 3500 dually has a small problem. One day I was trying to squeeze around another dually on a narrow dirt road and caught my front tire on a rock ledge witch stoped the truck form about two mph to zero pretty quick.

Now the problem is that the steering wheel is turned a little now. When I let go of the wheel on the highway it acts like the alignment is good except the wheel is turned. Any Ideas on what I need to do about the crossed up steering? I have asked one shop in Prescott but he told me I twisted the shaft that comes out of the steering box. I could believe that but the shaft he is talking about is bigger in dia. than the axles in the dana 80.

NVRSTUKTJ
02-03-2004, 07:37 AM
sounds like you just need to adjust the linkage (drag link, I think)....the rod that comes off the pitman arm.....loosen the 2 locking nuts, then, using a pipe wrench, turn the sleeve until the steering wheel is centered.....

Ben-Jeepin
02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
I'll try that thanks. I can't see that anything is bent but ??????

Antman
02-15-2004, 10:23 AM
I'd bet you bent the draglink a little. It may be hard to tell. If you can get it side to side with another dodge, you might be able to see it. This is a problem with Jeeps as well.

JMHO:D