PDA

View Full Version : **Camping Gear Needed by May 29th**

Tantalizer
05-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Folks,
I'm helping Ernie (Silvacon) get ready for his cross country drive to go pick up his daughter from GA, and from there criss-cross around on his way back home. For this, he really needs camping gear. He already has two cots and two sleeping bags. Umm.... yeah, that's it. He needs everything else.
If anyone has anything he can BORROW for his two week trip, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm going to make a list, and update it as we find someone to lend it to him. Here Goes:

Tent
Portable Propane Stove
Dutch oven
Campfire grill
Camping pots/pans/utinsils
Canteens
Fishing gear
Small Axe, shovel
Lanterns (LED Preferable)
Collapsible drying rack

So, again... if you have something Ernie can borrow, and I will keep a list of who lends what, we'd Really be appreciative!

-Heidi & Ernie

Doc in AZ
05-21-2009, 09:37 PM
i've got a tent, i think it's a 3 or 4 man tent, easy set up.. probably got some glamis sand in it but you're welcome to take it if it's worth the drive?

:pinch:dutch oven:pinch: you can make one yourself :D

Agent Orange
05-21-2009, 09:44 PM
dutch oven in a sleeping bag is the best imo.:smug:

RubiJk
05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I told the jagoff he could borrow my tent and stove. I asked the jagoff he was planning on cooking in case he needed my pots, pans, etc. The jagoff never replied...

Dutch oven? Really??? He is actually going to cook with a dutch oven in a fire???

Canteens = water bottles from Walmart

Collapsible drying rack??? *** is that??? For drying dishes?????????

I have fishing gear too...

Just tell the jagoff to make the drive and I can hook him up... :D

Agent Orange
05-21-2009, 09:53 PM
I would also like to know *** the drying rack is for.:confused:

blazerv10
05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
i have a two man tent,propane stove,and and a small callasable grill.

Silvacon
05-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I told the jagoff he could borrow my tent and stove. I asked the jagoff he was planning on cooking in case he needed my pots, pans, etc. The jagoff never replied...

Dutch oven? Really??? He is actually going to cook with a dutch oven in a fire???

Canteens = water bottles from Walmart

Collapsible drying rack??? *** is that??? For drying dishes?????????

I have fishing gear too...

Just tell the jagoff to make the drive and I can hook him up... :D

Baby.... tell me how u really feel (this is Heidi...not Ernie, altho that would be funny)... Ok, so the Jagoff knows he needs to contact U... I got the list off the internet. Thought the dutch oven would be an good cooking tool for him and Bri. He's not as good a cook as I am, so he needs what help he can get. Teehee....

amber.hodge
05-21-2009, 11:17 PM
I have an axe, shovel and a camping set of pots, pans, plates, cups, a "hobo tool" (combo beer opener, knife, spoon, fork), and a camping coffee perkolater that he can borrow - I'll just need the stuff back. I can bring to work at 52nd street and mcdowell on Tuesday and meet up somewhere in the vicinity.

chopped7
05-22-2009, 08:35 AM
i have some stuff if you want to borrow it. i won't be doing any camping until i'm done with my treatment. is he taking a pickup truck on this adventure? i don't think that list will fit in a jeep.

anyway, if you need camping stuff, i have pretty much everything. i have a couple folding tables that don't take up much space. i live at grand and the 101 so i'm sure i'm not to far out of the way from surprise.

the only thing i don't have is a tent. my only tent is the kind that fits in a truck bed. i've got an extra 5 gal propane tank and a tree to plug all the propane stuff into. i've also got a propane heater that comes in handy at night when you aren't in arizona.

DirtyKorean
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey I have a 6-8 person tent made by coleman that needs just a little TLC nothing major a couple of the plastic pole clips and some tent stakes taht you can have.

Rain fly, tent and even a nifty OD green surplus bag.

I have church on sundays over on 79th Ave and Union Hills or shoot me a pm with a address and what not and I can make the journey on out. I have no plans for tonight or this weekend.

desertangel
05-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I have a big tent with a little side room that has its own entrance for gear and such only used once, also camp store with the propane, water jugs that are the flat kid so they fit anywhere. also have a drip coffee maker that goes on the camp stove

lancetkenyon
05-22-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a badass $19 Wally World habachi grill he can use(actually only has 1 cook on it, new for Glamis a couple months ago). We cook everything on them, corn on the cob, burgers and dogs, steaks, etc. Also have a propane and Coleman fuel lantern, Coleman stove, fold up chairs, 3 room tent, tons of fishing stuff, etc. Let me know if he wants anything.

Tooley
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
He's not as good a cook as I am, so he needs what help he can get. Teehee....

I have a single burner/single mantle lantern combo pack, its small. Small 2 man triangle tent(no rain fly). 2 person fold up chair. Mess kit.

Now with respect to not being a good cook. Sometimes I use the bertolli frozen pasta dishes you get in the frozen isle. There not that bad and they cook in one pan. They also come in a sealed bag.

OlneyJeeps
05-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Portable Propane Stove
Dutch oven
Campfire grill
Camping pots/pans/utinsils
Canteens
Fishing gear
Small Axe, shovel
Lanterns (LED Preferable)
inflatable mattresses (with 110 or 12v pump)
sleeping mats (for under bag if mattress not used)
too much otherstuff to list (whole trailer full)

SteveO
602-482-2428

arczech
05-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Whatever you do not have covered,,, we should have as well.
If you need more just let us know.

Silvacon
05-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Forgive me for the delay in reply to all the generous offers. I have PM'd the folks that I am borrowing items from....Again, thank you to all that have made offers.....