PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel Game Controller

David C
05-15-2009, 10:33 PM
A good friend of mine races Nascar online in a league - and is ranked pretty high. He's been using a top-end Logitech steering wheel/pedals controller...until 3 days ago when it went haywire and quit. He missed a league race tonight costing him some points. Well, his B-Day is tomorrow and I'm too broke for $120 new controller. So, I'm wondering if anyone has something similar they would part with? I've got a few things I could trade. Thanks.

Wayco
05-16-2009, 07:59 AM
David, I think I have the same Logitec setup, You would have to come out to Goodyear to get it though.

Just found the info. on it, It's a "Driving force pro force feedback wheel" but it's for the Playstation..... USB hookup.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/wheels/devices/273&cl=us,en

David C
05-16-2009, 09:29 AM
That would be perfect! I just read through a bunch of user reviews and it will work on the PC also. Thanks, Wayne! I'm leaving now to get some work done on the Jeep but I can come get it this afternoon. I'll give you a call in just a little while. :)

David C
05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks again Wayco and Hardline for the controller setup. It's exactly the same model he had! So he already has the drivers installed - plugged it in and works like a charm!

You have a great home - thanks for the hospitality! And I'm looking forward to the next adventure we find ourselves on!

Bustedknuckles5
05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks Wayco, and David for setting me up for my B-day. I was pretty bummed when my wheel went to S$#& as I knew i wasn't able to generate the funds needed to replace it.
I race in a game on line called rFactor. In my league i am battling for points championship. On another web site that has over 1200 drivers on it i am ranked 4th overall. This really made my day guys,,,Thanks a whole bunch.
Here is a link to one lap of a race i was in last season, unfortunately I finished 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQin1cQX5M