PDA

View Full Version : Tires slashed and ignition lock glued

Malachi11B
04-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Having a disput with a former room mate about money he feels i should pay because he violated our agreement and brought drugs in to our apartment and for the last 3 weeks he's bee harrasing me now i'm like 99% sure it was him, but this morning i found my jeep with all 4 tires slashed and glue put in the ignition lock cylinder any body know how to pull a cylinder with out the key being able to go in? also gonna ne some advice on a good place to get some 32x11.5x15 tires at a half decent price i'm not making much right now so i couldn't afford full coverage on my jeep.

ademster
04-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Use a pick and do what you can to clean out the glue
use acid tone or something

infernosrt
04-27-2009, 10:13 PM
:2guns:wow lets find that dude and convince:behead::knife::smash: him to fix everything he screwed up

Oldyeller
04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Wow man, that sux, I had a roommate that did the same type of thing. I just beat the hell out of him and he moved out of state. Do your apartments have any type of video surveillance?

owtdorz
04-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Time send out the Wolf Pack.
Who and where is he?

knockonit
04-28-2009, 08:55 AM
If this individual did in fact do this dasterdly deed, it is re-education time, and one that should be performed properly by a well trained and shoed individual.
Vandalism of ones property, especially one which provides as much entertainment as a jeep, should suffer such dire consequences to force his movement from this State.
hehe good luck, beat his uh-uh whether guilty or not just to make the ill feelings go away. I say guilty till proven innocent.
good luck not sure I could see straight after such an affair.

My Green Jeep
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
No one asked so I will... did you call the cops and make a report of this
incident?

2crusty
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
i think he needs a trip on the trailer boat to the lake for alittle water boarding

ademster
04-28-2009, 09:54 AM
:2guns:wow lets find that dude and convince:behead::knife::smash: him to fix everything he screwed up

Time send out the Wolf Pack.
Who and where is he?

If this individual did in fact do this dasterdly deed, it is re-education time, and one that should be performed properly by a well trained and shoed individual.
Vandalism of ones property, especially one which provides as much entertainment as a jeep, should suffer such dire consequences to force his movement from this State.
hehe good luck, beat his uh-uh whether guilty or not just to make the ill feelings go away. I say guilty till proven innocent.
good luck not sure I could see straight after such an affair.

i think he needs a trip on the trailer boat to the lake for alittle water boarding

Nothing to do with what he asked!!

yes it sucks but jeez.. lets plot a way to kill the guy, is that what you all want on a PUBLIC forum, now if something happened to him, an investigation starts... they would see this as pre meditated.

how about trying giving him the ideas of how to fix the ignition switch enough to get it out to replace it like he asked.

Malachi87
04-28-2009, 09:58 AM
hey this is malachi11b's old account forgot i had another one. um yeah i filed a report with the police but since theres not enough evidence to show it was him they won't do anything they pulled one finger print about 2000 last night waiting to hear if it was mine or someone elses. the thing that really pisses me off is that since im staying at my girlfriends house and her dad had to borrow her car that day with all this going on she wasn't able to go be with her grandfather when he died yesterday. also anyone know how to get a ignition lock cylinder out with out being able to put the key in

Xiled1
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Some tires to hold you over:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/1128526528.html

Only 3

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/1130544754.html

2crusty
04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
finger nail polish remover is supposed to remove super glue

drysnymphe
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
You have to use Acetone-based polish remover for that. Read the label on the remover to be sure you get that kind. Acetone is nasty stuff, so there isn't much remover around that still has it nowadays. Sally beauty is a good place to get it, since nail techs use it to take off falsies.

stevekim7d2
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
What year Jeep? If you want, I have some 235 75 15's mounted on wheels that fit a CJ-7 5x5.5 wheel, that are fine to roll on until you get your new tires. I also think I have a 32 all terrain in the yard.
Steve 602-524-3580

macinyart
04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Call around to your nearby hardware stores and ask if they carry acetone in their paint department. It is highly flammable to the point of near explosive levels. It must be used outdoors. Soak cotton balls (available at your local pharmacy) in the acetone and hold it on the key slot attempting to let the acetone run into the cylinder. Repeat until you can get the key in. Acetone in nail polish removers will eventually work, but it takes a lot longer since the acetone content is "consumer rated". The plain acetone will evaporate on its own....you won't even have to wipe it up.
Remember.....it is HIGHLY inflammable. No sparks...no cigarettes around....important. It will remove paint. Good luck....keep us in the loop.

don2222222
04-28-2009, 01:36 PM
As stated below.

Call around to your nearby hardware stores and ask if they carry acetone in their paint department. It is highly flammable to the point of near explosive levels. It must be used outdoors. Soak cotton balls (available at your local pharmacy) in the acetone and hold it on the key slot attempting to let the acetone run into the cylinder. Repeat until you can get the key in. The acetone will evaporate on its own....you won't even have to wipe it up.
Remember.....it is HIGHLY inflammable. No sparks...no cigarettes around....important. It will remove paint. Good luck....keep us in the loop.

AZredneck1862
04-28-2009, 02:02 PM
what type of jeep if its a cj its real easy and ill help u with it as ive been inside my collumn constantly for different things a tj is more difficult and a cj ill show u how to start it without using the lock cylinder it does require breakage but only costs ten bucks to replace

Malachi11B
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Its a 1997 TJ. i bought some 30x9.5x15 from jeep pox their pretty beat up but will work until i can find some 32x11.5's to mount. locksmith's want 40 dollars to come out and another 150 to do the actual work thinking i'm gonna try to find someone that can help me for less new cylinder is only 20-30 bucks at autozone. gonna try pure acetone tomorrow spent most of today at the urgent care with my g/fs friend. she got to close to my dog and her pups. told her not to!!!

azshtr
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Its a 1997 TJ. i bought some 30x9.5x15 from jeep pox their pretty beat up but will work until i can find some 32x11.5's to mount. locksmith's want 40 dollars to come out and another 150 to do the actual work thinking i'm gonna try to find someone that can help me for less new cylinder is only 20-30 bucks at autozone. gonna try pure acetone tomorrow spent most of today at the urgent care with my g/fs friend. she got to close to my dog and her pups. told her not to!!!

Jeez dude... when it rains it pours!

greenmachine12
04-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I got a buddy who runs a tire company out of his garage his business is called tires unlimited. He got me 4 33x1250x15 MTR's for less than $800. his name is Spencer and his # is 623_329_3363. Let him know Matt sent you, and he will give you a great price.

Malachi11B
04-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks i'll call him when i get paid

AZredneck1862
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
tj's are a little more difficult to do and they have air bags so you have to be really really really careful ive seen one of those things removed and set off they are powerful mothers thing went flying into the air at least 30 feet
and the collumn is no longer the GM style so i dont know anything about it

Allen
04-29-2009, 11:38 PM
MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) will cut thru that glue in seconds! It only has two really bad properties... it's SUPER strong and needs a WELL ventalated area. Using it in a closed area can cause dizzyness that is like glue sniffing!:skull:... and it is the most flammable substance known to man!.... but it'll clean up that glue fast. get it at the hardware store!

Malachi11B
04-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Glue is GONE YEAHYA. 4 hours of picking and using goo gone extreme. a little weaker than pure acetone but safer to use but as i found out while experimenting with left overs still VERY flamable. but glue is gone and i got a ne ignition cylinder. i'm running some ate up 30X9.5 tires i got from jeep pox till pay day and then its on with something bigger and better

DirtyKorean
05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Here is what my experience from the cops where when I found dry wall screws in my tires.

it's a civil dispute unless you have video footage of him doing it your humped, but this is via Phx. PD cop also told me he wouldn't make a report or anything and that plugs will do me just fine.

Needless to say I think PHX PD is worthless as their mayor.

tomfooshee
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Here is what my experience from the cops where when I found dry wall screws in my tires.

it's a civil dispute unless you have video footage of him doing it your humped, but this is via Phx. PD cop also told me he wouldn't make a report or anything and that plugs will do me just fine.

Needless to say I think PHX PD is worthless as their mayor.

You can't plug a sidewall and the cost of the tires should bump it up to a felony of some type.

Malachi11B
05-10-2009, 06:07 PM
the officer broke it down to me as

Trespassing with malicious intent - same as breaking and entering
criminal damage in amount excess of $1,500 which makes it a felony