PDA

View Full Version : White Tanks Usage Survey

My1stJeep
04-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Ok, here is the deal. My latest conversation was finally with someone from the Town of Buckeye. There comment contradicts the earlier approval we received from the Town, they are now saying that per the EA (Environmental Assessment) the Town met with the BLM and decided to Exclude OHV. However they never included us in the follow up meetings.

Our proposal to the Town included every possible issue, the mitigation for each and every issue and that through grants and assistance with labor provided from our clubs and support from the AZOHVC options that would cost them nothing, in fact would reduce their costs for things like Kiosks, staging areas, dust control and clean up of the area. We even had to agree that to use those trails we would have to pay just like any other person entering the park. We did propose an possible yearly park pass, but that never gained much momentum.

So now we are going attempting to come to the table again, and the current key buzz words are revenue. So in an attempt to show how much of a positive impact that OHV would have on revenue I need to get some numbers so I can do the math and spell it out for them.

Please make the appropriate choice, and if you see this poll on other boards please only respond on one board. This will help keep the numbers more accurate.

I am also putting a selection on there for those who have used the area, but are not willing to pay the cost of the park.

Thanks for your help.

Turtle
04-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Voted.... Chris, again thanks for everything you are doing! I am still around if any help is needed!

Turtle

My Green Jeep
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Voted.. thanks Chris keep us up to date please and thank you!

War Rated
04-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Voted, Thanks for all your work. I live in the area and would be willing to help if you need anything.

PeoriaXK
04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Voted, thanks for keeping us informed.

R401KTJ
04-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Voted.....thanks for all of your hard work!!

4Lfever
04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
voted, thank you.

cruiserjim
04-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Voted,fingers crossed.

kinkade4life
04-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for doing this for us. I wouldnt mind buying a park pass, the tanks are practically my back yard, easy/quick to get to. If donating time, money, or buying annual passes keeps it open, so be it.

bab
04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
voted thanks for the help chris i hike or wheel out there every weekend

JeepJeep
04-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks for your time and energy on this. I voted.

If you need help, and I can provide it, just let me know.

Allen
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
voted!

Detention
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
voted and hope it will open again. Maybe we could do a clean up and show our support for that area being opened back up?

blazerv10
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
x2 on the cleanup im down for that. and i voted.

infernosrt
04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
in for the cleanup but we wouldnt be allowed in to do it if the area is closed would we? oh and i voted

sally
04-22-2009, 02:40 PM
voted..

1eagle
04-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Chris, thanks for all the work you are doing. Let us know if we can help you. Also voted.

crawlinernie
04-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Voted :fashizzle:

jr4asu
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Voted... thanks a bunch

GRNMachine
04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
voted,:fashizzle: thanks for doing everything you can to keep it open.

Agent454
05-01-2009, 12:31 AM
No hanging chad here, I voted.

amber.hodge
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
You didn't give us a "I have never used the area but would like to someday - please keep it open" option. That is my vote! :)

FourxDad
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
You didn't give us a "I have never used the area but would like to someday - please keep it open" option. That is my vote! :)

X2

Chris thank you for all your work. And I would be willing to help with clean ups as long as they agree to ohv usage.I can not walk well ,so my jeep access is very important to my family.

CD97TJ
05-19-2009, 06:17 PM
you didn't give us a "i have never used the area but would like to someday - please keep it open" option. That is my vote! :)

x-3

OBSESSD
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I haven't used the area yet, but I would like to. It's very close for me. Anything to help I'm in! And thank you for all your effort!! :hopechange:

BKTJ_LJ04
05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I have only been out a few times so far...however it is because I was alone and just checking out the area. Since this is on my side of town I am very interested in getting out there more...

dragon_bear
05-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Voted, and yes I would also liek to use that area becouse it is alot closer to me. Hell of alot closer than BJ.

BC99
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
voted

wingshooter06
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Voted, Chris keep up the good work, it seems that you are going 99% they 1%.

howhypno
08-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Voted, Chris what is the most current update on the Tanks area? I'm finally to a point I can take out the XJ but I really haven't been anywhere other than that area since I moved here two years ago. What a shame that they feel they have to close places like this down!
Thanks for the hard work.
Kenneth

My1stJeep
08-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I have to apologize, I have not been very active lately. Some things in my life have been going crazy, included is my wife losing her job and then her breaking her foot. SO I have been pulling double duty all over the place, no excuse, should have gotten a resolution on this.

Last I knew not much had changed, we are still trying to get negotiations done with the City of Buckeye and looking to work with the BLM to get some language changed. I will follow up this week with the powers to be and see what I can find out.

Thanks again for all the support, again I apologize for not moving harder on this lately.

lazarus7
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
No reason to apologize. Strange as it sounds, I am in exactly
the same situation you are. Post when you find something out
and if I can be any help contact me.

4lowngo
08-30-2009, 12:11 PM
voted

bleuknight
08-30-2009, 03:13 PM
voted!!! Is there going to be a clean up scheduled??? I'm in for that...
has anyone approached Sheriff Joe and have his "pink brigade" do a clean up as well??? pennies to the tax payers right??

My1stJeep
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Ok, the latest is we are having issues with the top brass at STL, some say the road is already open while others say closed. We have had one volunteer say they will hike it to get the GPS coords, waiting for those to come in.

We have also run out of funding for the Lobbyist/Lawyer which is going to make this and every other land fight about a million times harder. There are a ton of issues at hand right now and not having the lobbyist/lawyer is going to be a huge blow to the OHV fight.

I will let everyone know as soon as I have more, this red tape is killing us and not having an advocate that can cut through it just made out lives alot harder.

Triple-XJ
09-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Chris, I'm not sure of the validity. But I did hear a rumor that budget cuts have this park way on the back burner (very possible as you know all the government agencies are feeling it). It may be a few more years before the park starts to kick again.

Do you remember how this park was gonna be funded? Was it going to be paid as a Capitol Improvement Project? Or in other words, was the city/tax payers flipping the bill, or a private entity?

My1stJeep
09-06-2009, 05:33 PM
As far as I understood it it was the city footing the bill. This delay would be a good thing for us as it would give us more time to iron out the issue with the STLD for access to our trails and review information with the BLM and get them to officially inventory it with us. I don't see it as a bad thing by any means. I will see what more I can find out.

Triple-XJ
09-07-2009, 01:20 PM
As far as I understood it it was the city footing the bill. This delay would be a good thing for us as it would give us more time to iron out the issue with the STLD for access to our trails and review information with the BLM and get them to officially inventory it with us. I don't see it as a bad thing by any means. I will see what more I can find out.

No, I agree. The longer the better. Buckeye has got to be broke like every one else. I cant see how they could be in any better shape than the next city. Usually when a city is hurting for dough, parks and rec gets cut first, along with other stuff.

I'm just wondering where Buckeye cut back, and if this is one of the places like I heard.