PDA

View Full Version : State Trust Land Permit - Good News

don2222222
04-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi folks,

I went down to the land office today for a STL rec. permit, and I found out some news that I thought I would share for those of you who haven't heard.

The clerk told me that the Az. Land Dept is working to reduce the fees back to what they were prior to the temporary increase. ($15)

Additionally, they are working on a plan so that if you have a valid Az. hunt or fish lic. you will get a discount on your rec. permit.

Finally, they are also working on a plan to have the permits available for purchase online with a debit/credit card.

She said that they are very close to completion on all of the above items.

The goal is to have it done before the next Fiscal Year. (July)

I had to ask... will I get a pro-rated refund on my $50 permit?
(I knew the answer since I am a State employee) and she said:
"Of course not"

LOL - :D Like I said, I knew that...

Thought you would want to know.

Triple-XJ
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I also heard that they are looking into bringing the price back down. Thats great, maybe they lost out on some revenue when they upped em. :smug:

DrewDog
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I also heard that they are looking into bringing the price back down. Thats great, maybe they lost out on some revenue when they upped em. :smug:

I was told last time I was down there that they did in fact rise the price for only a short time (year?) and unless it was voted on to keep it that rate it would return to the original price. Just my input........D

rckound
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Great. Just got my new one in the mail today. :banghead:

Agent Orange
04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm canceling my check then.

JamesT
04-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Additionally, they are working on a plan so that if you have a valid Az. hunt or fish lic. you will get a discount on your rec. permit.

I thought if you had a hunt license and you were out "scouting" or hunting you didn't need a STL permit?
Maybe they are going to make the permit mandatory for everyone?

Hunt & fish licenses are too much, I have considered getting a lifetime license before fees go up more.

don2222222
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Right - the rule states that you must be actively engaged in hunting or fishing activity. "Traveling to" would count.

I thought if you had a hunt license and you were out "scouting" or hunting you didn't need a STL permit?
Maybe they are going to make the permit mandatory for everyone?

Hunt & fish licenses are too much, I have considered getting a lifetime license before fees go up more.

Digger
04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Don, great info !! thanks for sharing!

don2222222
04-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Yup, you're welcome ;)

Number 7
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Great news, thanks for the info Don. George

don2222222
04-03-2009, 06:30 PM
You're welcome George.
:)

Great news, thanks for the info Don. George

AZG23
04-03-2009, 06:48 PM
good...Ill actually get one again....

Ive had to be careful of where I have gone wheeling this year cuz I wont be extorted for $75 for the family permit...

djui5
04-03-2009, 07:22 PM

I called about a lifetime fishing, and it was $400. I'm 30. It can wait :) That's a set of skids you know.

Bilt4Comfort
04-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Mine expired 3 months ago...and will not renew it unless the price drops dramatically. Thanks for the info.

lancetkenyon
04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
The $75 is better than the ticket.

Yet again, if you are ACTIVELY hunting or scouting. It would be very hard to justify that if you are in a canyon in a line of Jeeps........

grateful
04-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Good news!! Thanks for letting us know! That $75 was alot to swallow, but it is better than a ticket....
smiles, karen

kinkade4life
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
good...Ill actually get one again....

Ive had to be careful of where I have gone wheeling this year cuz I wont be extorted for $75 for the family permit...

Yep, thats where I stood, this is great news!

don2222222
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Right you are Lance...

Example:

Game Warden: Excuse me Sir, may I see your State Trust Land Recreation Permit?

Jeeper: Oh, I have a hunting license...

Game Warden: Oh, you're hunting?

Jeeper: Why yes Sir... I'm hunting waaaabits...

Game Warden: But it's not rabbit season...

Jeeper: Right, I said Duck Season...

Game Warden: Duck Season!

Jeeper: Waaaabit season!

Game Warden: And are you with all of these other Jeepers...?

Jeeper: No, I don't know any of them...

Game Warden: (To Jeeper group) Do you guys know this waaaabit hunter?

Jeeper group: Yes Sir, he's out here hunting ducks with us, er, waaaabits, er, ducks... er...

Game Warden: Ya'all ain't from 'round here are ya's... (pulling out his ticket book) Get out of 'yer Jeeps and put 'yer hands on 'yer hood...

:aagh:

:mickey:

The $75 is better than the ticket.

Yet again, if you are ACTIVELY hunting or scouting. It would be very hard to justify that if you are in a canyon in a line of Jeeps........

My1stJeep
04-04-2009, 01:53 AM

They have lost out on alot of revenue due to the price increase. :fashizzle:

Sedona Jeep School
04-05-2009, 08:21 AM
What was the state's goal: to increase revenue or to regulate use? By raising the price so high, all they did was make more "legitimate" users try to skate under the radar. They are better off selling them at a lower price or even free (like Bulldog) to simply increase awareness.

If they want to increase revenue, they should have gone to online sales years ago. Welcome to the 21st century!

Good news--it's always refreshing to hear about agencies responding to public needs.

Thanks for posting!

Number 7
04-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Good news--it's always refreshing to hear about agencies responding to public needs.

Thanks for posting!

Hey Nena! We saw 2 of your Jeeps yesterday on the New River Canyon trail. Glad to see that you're still getting business.

diane

Sedona Jeep School
04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Nena! We saw 2 of your Jeeps yesterday on the New River Canyon trail. Glad to see that you're still getting business.

diane

Must have been renters out of Cave Creek. I hope they were behaving themselves? :D

Number 7
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Must have been renters out of Cave Creek. I hope they were behaving themselves? :D

Oh, yeah, they were. One was almost to the 1st crossing (going west) and the other got just past the saddle right when you drop down to the cabin and changed their minds. They backed out & turned around. It does get a little washed out down there but I think they probably would've been fine.

d

don2222222
04-05-2009, 10:39 AM

don2222222
04-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I dunno (edit: d)... That thing looked pretty stock to me... I wouldn't take a stocker into that mess...

:D

...It does get a little washed out down there but I think they probably would've been fine... d

Number 7
04-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I dunno (edit: d)... That thing looked pretty stock to me... I wouldn't take a stocker into that mess...

:D

Don, it was a Rubi. Not to mention, YOU made it!

d ;)

don2222222
04-05-2009, 12:36 PM
LOL - Oh yeah, I forgot. :D :D

...Not to mention, YOU made it!

d ;)

amber.hodge
04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
"Mr. Game Warden, my friends and I are all on a hunting safari through the Arizona desert hunting the famous chupacabra. We opted to use jeeps on our safari. We'll let you know if we catch one."

don2222222
04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
LOL - "Chupacabra"