PDA

View Full Version : 23 to 24 million more acres of wilderness proposed in five western states

wild mustang
02-18-2009, 01:14 AM
i found this alert on pirate 4x4. two of the members of the subcommittee on national parks, forests and public lands are from arizona. raul m. grijalva (chairman and co-sponsor of bill) and jeff flake.

while this is not directly impacting arizona, it is impacting our rights to access public lands for recreation (motorized recreation). i know if i ever get to visit some of these states in the northwest, i will want to be able to explore them in my jeep....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762296

OlneyJeeps
02-18-2009, 05:01 AM
and to think he is a former Jeep owner (I bout Grand Cherokee from him a whild back)

lostoffroad
02-18-2009, 06:43 AM
thats unreal. sad how people think they know whats best for us out here.

FrenchChili
02-18-2009, 07:03 AM
and to think he is a former Jeep owner (I bout Grand Cherokee from him a whild back)

you must not have paid him enough

cosninocanines
02-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Every time one of these bills pass we all lose. So many of these politicos have never even been off the pavement and just don't get it. In addition the lobbying forces to "protect the land" far out number the real users and our voices. Main thing is make sure our voices are heard even if it's just one at a time.

Xiled1
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Sent an email to Mr Flake. This is the type of crap that has been being pushed for years. Now that they are holding all the cards, they will push hard.

RokNRich
02-18-2009, 09:01 AM

Raśl M. Grijalva is from AZ also and is chairman of the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands (bad for us)

Flake is on the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands (good for us)

The bill was introduced by Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-New York.

I just sent a quick letter to Flake (he's my rep) - Thanks for the heads up !

team@jeffflake.com