PDA

View Full Version : Vandalized

Dean
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Hello all,
I have a 05 Jeep TJ Wrangler with a soft top and someone thought it would be funny to slice the back and drivers side plastic window.
My question is does anyone know where I might find replacements.I can go through my insurance company,But just wondered if I could purchase them at a reasonable cost.

Thank you all for any and all help
Dean

don2222222
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Dean,

It's relatively easy to find entire soft tops as well as parts and pieces on Craigslist and on E-Bay. Most of the time they're in good condition.

In addition you'll find them on this forum sometimes.

You can find good used tops for about the $150 to $250 and you can find them in new condition with all the hardware for like $350 to $400.

You can potentially order parts and pieces from some of our business sponsors. Check them out!

Sponsors: Any ideas??

lancetkenyon
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
The cheap tops are just that, cheap. If you go with any aftermarket top, go with Bestop. Stock ones are usually available in used condition all over the place.

don2222222
02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
X2 on that Lance.

Dean - Stock Mopar (Jeep) or Bestop are the only ones to buy.

The stock ones have the Chrysler logo one the windows. Bestops have a tag above the passenger rear window.

The cheap tops are just that, cheap. If you go with any aftermarket top, go with Bestop. Stock ones are usually available in used condition all over the place.

Doc in AZ
02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
that just sucks that people senselessly and randomly break stuff. i always leave my jeep unlocked and empty hoping they have no reason to cut the top to root around through it. go ahead... open it up... nothing inside, ok? close the door and don't break anything, please?

Jdemonto
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
If its the rear side then Mopar sells a package for the 2 sides and the rear for under $300, Call Travis for the jeep club discount ;)

480-556-7483

Jason

Allen
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Jeep should put a sticker on the zip in windows that reads:

"Please do not cut plastic! A zipper has been included with this window! Please see owners manual for zipper operation instructions"

oxdriver
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Dude...I feel your pain...Mine just got cut up AGAIN this weekend. Happened the first time back in like november,and the bastards got me again! Same as you! Driver window,and rear window. What neighborhood do you live in? I wonder if it wasn't the same P-O-S,that got me? What gets me is that there was NOTHING in the damn thing.I keep it truly empty now ever since they got me last time....I love driving my jeep,but it really pisses me off that ya just can't have anything nice these days...SAVAGES,man,I swear.
I just turn it in as a window claim to my insurance and they cover it. The good news is that AZ passed a law that said your insurance rates can not be increased due to "Glass or Window" claims. dunno who your ins. co. is,but we've got progressive,and they're pretty painless. I get the certified price quote from my local jeep dealer,then my adjuster cuts a check for that amount...still a pain though.

Benjeepin2day
02-13-2009, 05:53 AM
http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/pts/1031974796.html

Here is a guy selling a set of windows. only problem is they are in Flagstaff.

DirtyKorean
02-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey I have a set of side windows for the back clear they are yours for I don't know 75.00 I guess and I have a back tinted you can just have it's kind of beat up they are charcoal color.

I have to get a new passanger upper window someone cut mine

drknow90rs
02-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Ouch!! I had someone do that to my pass side door window... Pissed me off!! It was perfect, working zipper and all! Luckily I had a spare with a non-working zipper... :( i didnt know insurance called that an actual "Window" I was sure they considered that a "Soft top" Part.

Tony_T
02-15-2009, 04:01 PM
You should look at your insurance policy first.

My deductible for something like this is $100.

2000wrangler
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
they replaced my whole top after someone cut my windows and no deduct due to full glass coverage!dont ask how but i guess it was also the sun roof i cut in it befor i took it to them. and the best tops are thin i got the RAT top and it was something like 450 with install without install was 380 or so. it lets more sound in than factory but keeps the kids dry and warm and HAPPY on the way to school.

greenbug1
03-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey all,

I was having my 97 Jeep xj's fuel tank and pump replaced. It got done and was in the parking lot. Two people came up to my Jeep and broke the window and smashed it then ripped open my dash and took my sat radio and receiver. Also damaged the wires to my cd changer and everything else.
At least my repair guy said he would ot charge me for my service and pay the rest and the window.

Still I am soooo Pissed offff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent.
The repair shop got it on video and the GlendalePolice dusted for prints and got some. I hope they are the bad guy and girl

Jason CHildress
1997 xj
jchildress1@cox.net
623-533-3786

kinkade4life
03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
That sucks, I hate people that think it is fun to break/steal stuff that other people work so hard for. My buddy has a JK that just got broken into and they stole his kenwood touch screen GPS, amp, subwoofer, and thats not the worst part, when they stole the deck, they couldnt even be a little considerate, the destroyed the dash so that has to be replace too. BASTARDS! Too bad they couldnt be a little louder, target practice is always fun!:kenny::2guns:

DirtyKorean
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I feel you guys, I have a neighbor that likes to park in the drive way of the parking lot so I lay on my horn punk kid gets a attitude with me I shrug it off.

I come out to my Jeep and find cigg. burn holes in my passanger windows cops can't do squat since no camera but when I move out at the end of the month I am zip tying a fish to his exhaust.

Karma hahahaha it's fun