PDA

View Full Version : Meeting w/Tom re: Table Mesa Trails 2-14-09

wild mustang
02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I have confirmed a meeting time and date with Tom for Sat. 2-14-09 @ 10:00 am. (appropriate that it is valentine's day...as we all love our open spaces!!!! :2thumbsup:) Tom is meeting with us before the next public meeting to specifically address some of our questions. He requests we bring ideas for alternate routes. If you are not able to attend this meeting, give your input to someone that can attend.

If you have not been able to attend the BLM planning meetings, there is info (meeting minutes/goals/etc) and maps on the web site for review.
http://www.tablemesarecarea.com/

Below is email I got from Tom re: location and meeting details:

Sounds good at 10am. The address below is the office address. We're on
7th Ave, just south of Deer Valley Rd. The building is set back from the
road on the east side.

I'll hook up a projector so we can look at pictures of routes and other
info I don't have in hardcopy. If you have specific questions email me so
I can find the answer. I'll have the route evaluation forms for your
review along with the flow chart and numbered map.

Thomas V. Bickauskas
USFS Recreation Solutions Enterprise Unit
Transportation and Access Planning Coordinator
at BLM Phoenix District Office
(via interagency agreement)
Mailing Address:
BLM Phoenix District Office
21605 N. 7th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(ph)623-580-5502
(fax)623-580-5580
Schedule - Tues / Weds / Fri / Sat

My1stJeep
02-12-2009, 07:14 AM
If you can make this or have a concern this would be a good time to meet with Thom. One of the things he is making available is the review sheets for each trail/road. This will give insight as to if it is a tortoise habitat or other reason they are recommending closure or keeping it open. It will be very informative.

Thus far we are fairing about as well as can be expected. I feel good that Lower and Upper Terminator will remain open, Predator, Anaconda, Anihilator all appear to be in good standing and I have high hopes we will be able to keep them.

3 trails that are up for much discussion are CD, DS and Twisted. The current access requires traversing in the river bottom, which is one thing they want to close down (they don't want people traveling up and down the river bottom). In addition our current main access route to cross the river bottom is on private property. There is currently another river crossing South of this that is on BLM land, this most likely will become the new main crossing. We proposed an alternative route be created outside the river bottom to access these trails and the Bronco club requested access coming down from the North and using existing trails and a new path to connect two sections to allow access. The BLM must now perform a study for feasibility of those two options.

Please keep in mind, Thom is a very fair person, he is straight forward, but he has to remain impartial per his job, so don't go into it thinking he is for or against us, he has to remain neutral and help make the best sound decisions for how the land is managed, In dealing with Thom for quite some time I will stand by the fact he is fair, so please treat him politely at this meeting as he is doing this as a favor to anyone who wants more in depth information, he is not required to do this.

Thanks to all those stepping up to help out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubiJk
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
If I dont go out of town, I am going to try to make this... Thanks for the info, and all the work of course!

urbex
02-12-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm game for this.....(oooh...the girls are gonna be pissed :D)

FrenchChili
02-14-2009, 11:14 PM
went well?

urbex
02-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I hope so..I had circumstances come up that made me unable to attend this one :(

xjstocker
02-15-2009, 08:23 AM
went well. came up with some ideas.