PDA

View Full Version : Twin sticks done

AZScr4mbl3r
02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey,

I got my twin sticks done finally I must have had them in and out 50 times.
In pix T-18 Ford 2wd shift lever which is right up against my leg in 2nd gear, might bend it a tad, the twin stick d-300 with stock levers had to be bent several times but turned out well and shift excellent ( no slop) also installed old carpet from CJ-8, Presidential horn button, OEM center console....

Loaded it on the trailer just to see how it would load. It did well except for doing a burn out backing off of the trailer ooppss!!!

-Allen

JamesT
02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Good it worked for you. I did the twin sticks on my D300 the first time I put it in and didn't like the slop. Did you remove the pills?
I might still have a double boot, let me look.

AZScr4mbl3r
02-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Jeff Sherb's twin stick design is what I used. I left the springs and pills alone. I don't think the potential harm is worth it. I am old and forgetful..... it was loose at first until I added the half tubes over the shift rails. That made it tighter than the stock single stick.
I drove it around on some rocky dirt roads up here yesterday. It seems to have settled the shackles in the rear, I had one that was vertical from my "best of" four stock rear leafs spring packs... I had a leaking heater hose ( split ) after that I have fixed and I am ready for a second shake down today.

I had left the Free and spare parts Jeep parked half on the trailer last night to help burp any air that was in the coolant and wouldn't you know it is raining gotta go move her....Man I bet in the year and a half I have been building this I have left it outside 20 times and I bet it rained or snowed 18 times....LOL

-Allen

AZScr4mbl3r
02-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Good it worked for you. I did the twin sticks on my D300 the first time I put it in and didn't like the slop. Did you remove the pills?
I might still have a double boot, let me look.

Let me know about the boot I just ordered one from 4x4machine for 19.99 shipped. However I have never had any luck with after market boots and I still need one for the t-18... I bought a new boot for the t-5 in the CJ-8 from jeep and it split in about a month.. I bought one from Morris and it split b4 I had even shifted it... I have noticed two styles of twin stick boots one lays flat and one that looks pulled out. I got the pulled out one coming. (see pic)

I would have loved to put your old one on this Jeep!!!! I have a t-176 OEM double ( tranny/xfer ) boot that is homeless.

I have tried to use ALL of my spare parts to build this Jeep... If it will fit and I have it laying around I am using it!!! I got the half doors for the CJ-8 and didn't like the look with a top on it those and the stock seats have been the big things I bought other than adaptors for the 351w and the t-18/d-300 adapter....

-Allen

Joe West
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi Allen,

If that t-176 OEM tranny/xfer boot is still homeless let me know. I could use a spare.

Joe

Let me know about the boot I just ordered one from 4x4machine for 19.99 shipped. However I have never had any luck with after market boots and I still need one for the t-18... I bought a new boot for the t-5 in the CJ-8 from jeep and it split in about a month.. I bought one from Morris and it split b4 I had even shifted it... I have noticed two styles of twin stick boots one lays flat and one that looks pulled out. I got the pulled out one coming. (see pic)

I would have loved to put your old one on this Jeep!!!! I have a t-176 OEM double ( tranny/xfer ) boot that is homeless.

I have tried to use ALL of my spare parts to build this Jeep... If it will fit and I have it laying around I am using it!!! I got the half doors for the CJ-8 and didn't like the look with a top on it those and the stock seats have been the big things I bought other than adaptors for the 351w and the t-18/d-300 adapter....

-Allen