PDA

View Full Version : State Trust CLEANUP EAST SIDE OF I17 TABLE MESA

FrenchChili
01-21-2009, 08:42 AM
This has been organized outside the club by someone who enjoys wheeling.
Let's show State Trust who we are, red shirts. Pass the word around to ATV clubs, Dirt Bikers, other Jeep clubs including shooters!!!!:fashizzle:

Permission from State Trust to clean up the East side of Table Mesa

When: Jan 31st
Time: 9am, all day (if you need to go, go. Just like all clean ups)
Meeting Place: At the TT Ranch gate 1.5mile from the Table Mesa Exit. Can't miss it it's obvious as the next gate enters State Trust Land.
A dumpster will be provided. I think some drinks/food too.

:drummer:Let's show our support:drummer:

I realize this is on Ben's away party.

FrenchChili
01-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Sweet got the email I didn't get earlier:

Hello Everyone,

There is going to be a clean up of Arizona State Land Trust land East of I17 and Table Mesa Road on Saturday January 31st starting at 9:00 am.

We will have a lunch and dinner area set up at the TT Ranch with a camp fire and drinking water. (The TT Ranch is 1.5 miles from I17 south of the gate 2525 W. Table Mesa Road, New River, AZ 85087) The TT Ranch is a working Cattle Ranch. (www.ttiranch.com)

Lunch will start at 12:30 and dinner at 5:00 pm.

Please feel free to work either the morning or after noon session and enjoy the area the rest of the time.

This will be a pot luck. Please bring your own eating utensils and a chair if you can. (We will have some chairs, beans, bread and a few other goodies to augment what others bring)

The main goal is to clean up several illegal target shooting areas along Table Mesa Road. We will also clean up the area around I17 and the Table Mesa exit as well as trash along the Table Mesa Road all the way to the Tonto National Forest which is around five miles away from I17.

The State Land Trust is going to be providing us with a dumpster. We will have some trucks and trailers to pick up the trash bags and larger items.

Things to bring: Water, gloves, sturdy boots, trash bags, rake, trash picker upper. (We will have some trash bags)

Bill Webster with the State Land Trust wrote the following paragraph.

No Tires, Liquid waste(oil, paint etc), or freon containing items like
refrigerator freezers and air conditioning units. As I mentioned in our call if
they are shot full of holes they don't contain any freon they can go in. If
they are newer and intact just set them off to the side and we can deal with
them separately.

Please RVSV to Matthewlb@aol.com if you plan on attending the clean up event.

If you have any questions please e-mail or call Matt, 480-437-1257 home 602-989-2642 cell. If you have not been to this area before, it is very scenic, the New River does run through the land seasonally. This area is used by hunters, ATVers and 4 by 4 drivers. You can drive from I17 19 miles to the Seven Springs area (north east of Carefree AZ).

Some people will be starting to clean up on Friday and may do a little clean up Sunday morning if needed.Please contact Matt if you would be interested in helping those days.

John in AZ
01-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I will try to make it out in the Pick up. So I get off the I17 at table mesa rd & go east to the gate?
John

FrenchChili
01-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I will try to make it out in the Pick up. So I get off the I17 at table mesa rd & go east to the gate?
John

yes

wild mustang
01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
depending what time we get done with the eagle scout project at cave creek rec area, i will try to swing by for a while...
debbi

FrenchChili
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
BUMP

Would be nice to see us there.

fjcarena
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
My son and I are planning on helping out.