PDA

View Full Version : What's Gonna Happen to Public Lands Access Under New Administration???

97badxj
01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm curious, and a bit worried about the public lands issue under the new Obama Dept. of Interior. What are your guy's thoughts and comments. I will do anything in my power to stop those who want to shut everything down, but feel it's not looking good for us now they have a sympathetic ear in the Oval Office.

Sean K.
01-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Considering the Sunday passage of the Omnibus Land Act of 2009 (a back door land grab).....I'd say the prospects are poor. Couple that with the bogus "green" movement and I'd almost guarantee you're going to see more regulation and closures.

Sean

AZredneck1862
01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
call up john mc cain there is a post somewhere on this

RokNRich
01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Honestly, we are allready in trouble.

The increased population in the metro areas has nearly overburdened the major wheeling areas allready. The are currently plans in place to close or restrict access to some of our favorite trails, this has been going on for sometime. We need to remain focused on which policies we can have an impact on and also remain good stewards of the lands that we currently use.

There was a meeting in Deer Valley tonight in regards to Table Mesa, unfortunatly I was unable to attend (it's 90 miles for me one way). Hopefully some concerned wheelers were able to attend.

Considering the Sunday passage of the Omnibus Land Act of 2009 (a back door land grab).....I'd say the prospects are poor. Couple that with the bogus "green" movement and I'd almost guarantee you're going to see more regulation and closures.

Sean

Link to letter generator and thread regarding this one:
http://72.167.145.231/savethetrails/Default.aspx?PetitionID=31

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=39030&page=2

FWIW - Only the senate has passed the bill, we need to send letters to our Reps in the House to oppose this bill still.

In the meantime, let's scout for new areas to wheel, they can't close the whole state.....