PDA

View Full Version : Project Progress?

AZScr4mbl3r
01-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Hay,

My CJ7 made out of spare parts project is fighting me lately.... I have been struggling with my twin stick on the dana 300 Good grief every step of the way it is fighting me... The stock shifters needed to be bent, the bump on the T-18 needed sawzalled off.... the funny stock bolt needed shortened cause my 300 is clocked..... Now my hand made adapters are needing welded.... I could go on and on like the bolt snapping off one of the shifters or needing to cut an access hole in my hump..... hmmmm that doesn't sound right..... I decided to tackle installing a CB just to get away from the T-case for a spell.... Got 25% firestik ant. at radio shack yesterday!!!!! dug up a used stud from my junk box found a new cable in my box o cables.. made a bracket out of an old bed frame.... just part of it not the whole frame ...Thinking about mounting it on my CJ8 bulkhead

-Allen

I didn't take any pix of steam comming out of my ears so dont ask......LOL

tpuckett
01-11-2009, 08:11 AM
sorry to hear about your "challenges" :aagh: there have been times i felt like buying a car and calling this hobbie done then i remember the good times on the trail :) good luck and see you on the trail

AZScr4mbl3r
01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Lucky for me there's no shortage of things that need done...:)

I did finally finish my clutch bracket this morning... I have a good start on the CB installation the antenna is done and cable routed and I am two holes away from mounting it....It is well below freezing today so I work a little and warm up alot....work a litt...........Heck that 15.00 firefly made my whole weekend :laugh2:

I have a perfectly good CJ8 and two sammis if I get to where I really need "therapy"

Life is good......

-Allen

weasel_ugs
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
sorry to hear about your "challenges" :aagh: there have been times i felt like buying a car and calling this hobbie done then i remember the good times on the trail :) good luck and see you on the trail

Im at that point right now, hard finding parts in a small town. Don

AZScr4mbl3r
01-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Hay,

Well I have made slow but seady progress. Baby steps I suppose...
I got my alternator over on the passenger side and lined up. I found a belt in my box-O-belts. I have the power steering pump mounted but not lined up just yet. It is close about an 1/8" and relatively square. Next step will be putting on some hoses and running fluid through it. Not sure what problems I will find in the steering box... My plan is to use some fuel hose for pressure and return lines and spin the pump by hand to try and get a look at the fluid.
That is to see if it has any junk in it. Like changing tranny fluid you know a bucket of clean fluid and a bucket of old dirty fluid....

-Allen

AZScr4mbl3r
02-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Well,

Progress!!! I'll post pix l8r my power steering is all hooked up and working could stand the smaller Jeep pulley as I used the Dodge pulley that came on my used Ebay pump. Buttoning up my D300 twin stick today. I actually got to drive the beast this week, drove it up and down our dirt road and off the road enough to check out the twin sticks b4 final reassembly....Finished up my 35.00 dual exhaust also... Took a "break" and replaced the front drivers side wheel bearings in my samurai!!!! Cost around 40.00 using trailer bearings from NAPA two bearings two races and one and a can of grease and some brake cleaner. Figured out why my shackle on one side in the rear
was vertical and one was at a decent angle ......... I had used two sets of spring packs to build one good set...soooooo... I am guessing some of the leaves were/are stiffer on one side... hoping it'll relax after some flogging off road....

-Allen