PDA

View Full Version : ASLD Permit.

BKTJ_LJ04
01-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I am confused with the permit that is needed for instance to go back on Table Mesa. When reading abuot the permit for $50 a year it says that there is a proper licensing required to travel on the state land compared to hiking or what not.

What do I need to do to be sure that I have the right permit for the times that I cross onto state land?

lancetkenyon
01-10-2009, 11:59 AM
State Trust Land Permit. The main airdown spot is on STL land. If you go in farter, there is BLM land, STL land, private property, etc. I have a STL permit, and have never been harassed.

mysunnshine
01-10-2009, 01:47 PM
So far from what I have read, it kinda conflicts itself. From what see, you can operate on STL as long as you are on designated or open existing roads or trail. So does that mean if you are registered and have the new sticker you can run the trails on state trust land and just not stray from the trails?

"An OHV meeting the 1,800-pound or less requirement and displaying the OHV Decal may cross State Trust Land only on designated or open existing roads and trails. Do not enter closed areas. "
http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohvFAQ.shtml#7

Of course that's for ATV's and motorcycles.

lancetkenyon
01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
My rig weighs twice that empty.

skeeter
02-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I tryed to buy one for my ATV and followed directions and it came back as record not found, try again.

wild mustang
02-19-2009, 10:20 PM
it use to be generally accepted that if you needed to cross state trust land to access blm/etc land, you were ok without a permit. however, if you are "recreating" on state trust land, then you do. any stopping to sight see, picnic, air down, etc can be considered "recreating".
this was the accepted rule before the price went up. chris/myfirstjeep is going to clarify what the rule is now.

BKTJ_LJ04
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah from what i know as long as your not stopped then your good. I will be getting one anyway. I guess i just need to put down the keyboard for one minute nd go drop the form in the mail.

JamesT
02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
FYI - If you have a valid hunting license and are "scouting" for any hunt you don't need a permit.