PDA

View Full Version : Need some help.....

allek@t
01-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I have sitting in my garage a 99 Honda F4

I need a battery tender or jump box (that works)

and some help figuring out this damned throttle issue.

The return is sticking....and I cant adjust it any more than i have.....

I live in north phoenix....and I have half a bottle of sailor jerry and a fat tire in my fridge...that's all i can offer RIGHT NOW.....LOL \

any help would be appreciated.

chopped7
01-08-2009, 07:06 AM
where do you live. i have a friend in north phx [21st and bell] that doesn't have a real job right now. he's an auto mechanic but he's into bikes too. i'm sure he could figure out your throttle issue. oh, and he works for beer.

as far as the battery goes, i have a trickle charger you can borrow or a 2/10 amp charger. it doesn't have an auto shutoff like the trickle charger though so you have to keep an eye on it. if you live on the west side, i might be able to look at it. i have a pretty weird schedule though so it might not be very convenient, especially if you live 50 miles away.

allek@t
01-08-2009, 08:08 AM
I live in north phoenix (cactus and the 51) I might be able to gather change for a 12 pack of beer.....I took a look at it last night and the throttle issue baffles me.....when you let it snap back it makes a solid return, but when you let it roll back you have to twist it back....

I got some ideas on how to get it started, just use jumper cables (which I conveniently dont have) and use the car battery.....engine off of course....

does your friend have an email addy? if not you can give him mine....wikkedkitty@gmail.com

thanks!!!

chopped7
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I live in north phoenix (cactus and the 51) I might be able to gather change for a 12 pack of beer.....I took a look at it last night and the throttle issue baffles me.....when you let it snap back it makes a solid return, but when you let it roll back you have to twist it back....

I got some ideas on how to get it started, just use jumper cables (which I conveniently dont have) and use the car battery.....engine off of course....

does your friend have an email addy? if not you can give him mine....wikkedkitty@gmail.com

thanks!!!

honestly, i don't even know if his internet is still on. i'll find out. for your cable, it's either frayed inside the housing and hanging up or it just needs to be lubed. i can't think of anything else it could be. replace or lube. i'll send you a pm or reply in this thread when i talk to my friend. what time of day are you available. i assume eves. but you never know.

allek@t
01-08-2009, 09:55 AM
yeah I work 9-6 m-f.....Im generally available fridays and saturdays

allek@t
01-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Well we got her started last night, first we tried to push start it....since im not comfortable doing that alone.....(for obvious reasons LOL ) it did/did not work. She is running really really rich.....you can smell the ether in the gas.....

So we hooked her up to a 3500 dodge mega duelly diesel something or other.....no dont worry we didnt start the truck.....

Prognosis....she stayed running as long as she was hooked up.....so i have to get a battery for it.

chopped7
01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
batteries plus has good prices. i got a batt for my suzuki for 35 bux.

allek@t
01-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah they wanted 99.95 for a battery at north valley honda.......and 500 for a valve adjustment.

samdog3
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah they wanted 99.95 for a battery at north valley honda.......and 500 for a valve adjustment.

Thats $500.00 for valve ad