PDA

View Full Version : Permits for Quads???

AZLugz
01-05-2009, 08:31 AM
I read something about the new sticker required for Off Road Non-Licensed vehicles but I can't find it again. Can anyone point me to the new law requirements and what the sticker costs/how to get it

Thanks all, have quads and want to make sure we are legal, also have a friend with a Rhino

don2222222
01-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Here's the thread:

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=39850&highlight=OHV+Law

terron gregg
01-05-2009, 08:47 AM
25 bucks go to the dmv they can get you squared away bring titles

mingoglia
01-05-2009, 09:39 AM
25 bucks go to the dmv they can get you squared away bring titles

Uh oh, do you definitely need to bring the titles? None of mine are titled... I just have MCO's.

terron gregg
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
ill let you know when i get back im going down to do my quad and bike but im pretty sure you need the title

azshtr
01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
just go to servicearizona.com, you don't need the title.

vin man
01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I did mine on Service Arizona, however, my vehicles were already plated (and street legal which is not a requirement unless you are riding on streets). When you go onto servicearizona.com, you need the license plate and last 2 digits of VIN.

terron gregg
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
k just got back you can do it through service az my dirt bke cost me 40 bucks to get what i needed if you already have a plate it will cost only 25 bucks the liscence plate has to be visible from the back of the bike?

mingoglia
01-05-2009, 12:56 PM
That stinks. Sounds like I'm going to have to get a plate now. Up until now I've always just bought the Cali stickers since I mainly run them at the dunes. I haven't titled my 2 quads and Rhino because I didn't pay sales tax on them. :) I'm public enemy number 1 you know.

k just got back you can do it through service az my dirt bke cost me 40 bucks to get what i needed if you already have a plate it will cost only 25 bucks the liscence plate has to be visible from the back of the bike?

willyz one
01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
If your bikes or whatever are older than a 1983 when you didnt get titles you have to get a bonded title thats what they told me anyway. Has anybody ran into this yet?

terron gregg
01-05-2009, 06:32 PM
the fact that you have a dirt bike that old is amazing let alone running

grateful
01-05-2009, 08:21 PM
We don't need these permits on our jeeps, do we??

mingoglia
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
No, because it's registered for the road... only vehicles that have the off-road or RV plate.

We don't need these permits on our jeeps, do we??

grateful
01-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!!

terron gregg
01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
vehicles under 1800 pounds

jeepdude775
01-07-2009, 07:06 AM
What a bunch of bullcrap. Just another tax like photo radar. Nobody should pay it. The state is bankrupt in Feb. from what I hear. They(the politicians) need to find a better way to stop spending and taxing people for going out and having fun. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am taxed up the *** with just about everything.

Maybe this tax will save the state from bankrupcy...we'll see :)

terron gregg
01-07-2009, 02:05 PM
really its only 25 dollars a year after the initial 40 for plate and registration i spend 25 dollars to ride at the track what is one less day at the track a year going to hurt

mingoglia
01-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I think it's more about principal than anything. They'll get you everywhere and before long you're going to be paying $25/yr, then 25/yr for a particular trail, then 25/yr on some other set of trails, etc. Look at the dunes. there wasn't a cost until several years ago. Then all of a sudden they hit you up. No biggie. Then they doubled it and we found they rev shared 50% of the profits with the company that ran the machine. A couple years later, they wanted to double it AGAIN. That luckily was shot down.

With the dunes at least I will say the money is going into enforcement and trash. It used to be completely out of control, and now it's only somewhat out of control. It's nice to see law enforcement out there. I probably wouldn't have said that 10 years ago. :p But really, there's a presence but at the same time they leave you mostly alone unless you're being a little too stupid. The threshold is livable. I bring this up because at least these fees are going to improving the area. Not sure what we're going to get for this $25 in this state....likely just another fee to help aleviate our almost bankrupt state that's bankrupt do to reasons that have nothing to do with OHV.

Terron, I'm making this general comment, not directing this towards you of course. I just happened to quote you. :)

really its only 25 dollars a year after the initial 40 for plate and registration i spend 25 dollars to ride at the track what is one less day at the track a year going to hurt