PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2

samdog3
01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Well it,s about time I go to THE BIG BORE FOR MY DUCE. Should be right around 100 HP after the dyno tuning. That,s 28 more horsepower over stock. and lot lot more torque. Not that any one gives a ?hit , It,s just that when I go off the curve I WILL GO FARTHER than a stock bike.

Joe What
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
do u mean 103? What intake r u using and exhaust what r u using to manage fuel/air ratio or is it carbd?

samdog3
01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
do u mean 103? What intake r u using and exhaust what r u using to manage fuel/air ratio or is it carbd?

IT,s carb makes it easy .. If it was fuel injet it would cost $$$ more

ITS a 95 cubic in

chopped7
01-05-2009, 01:47 PM
joe,
i don't know what it costs to upgrade to the screamin' eagle 95 inch kit but i bought my road king with it. the guys with the fi twin cam 88's are getting close to 50mpg, so they say. i get about 33 mpg on my road king with the 95 inch kit and carb. i can't tell the difference in performance from a stock 99+ road king other than i have a little more low end grunt. i would much rather have fi and get better mileage, and not have my carb chit out at 7000 ft.

JeepPunk
01-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I have been looking at building the following...

Simple head port with 1.95 intake, 1.60 exhaust valves. 510 lift cam with 240 degrees duration. Bore jugs to 95". The 1.95 intake will flow more air so you will not need as much cam lift. This mild build should let me get by with the stock 45mm throttle body.

Our bikes are both Fuel Inj. Mine is an '04, 88" with a fuel box (DFO) and I am getting right around 40 to 43mpg all depending on the twist of the wrist. the Wide Glide is an '05, no box, the pipes kept it rich enough... and its getting maybe two or three more miles per gallon than I am getting.

Dave

Henthorn
01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Ive been eyeballin a turbo set up...but I digress....

Rogue XJ
01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
yep.... you'll definitely get more airtime on that one.

samdog3
01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
The last thing I could care about is the gas mpg and cost..Now I get 50 mpg .
After break in 500 miles will get it dyno tuning. I still have my old dyno sheet.

Time to eat

vwkaferman
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I need to ride with you, ran Sunflower with you years back, would be cool to ride as well. Problem is, never in town!

Your kit sounds like fun! You guys probably think it's a crotch rocket ( I don't care either way), but I've got a Bandit 1200 with some goodies on it. Plan on an intake cam early this year, hoping to get a big bore kit on it as well later on. Crossing my fingers for 140ish hp, we'll have to see.

James

samdog3
01-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I need to ride with you, ran Sunflower with you years back, would be cool to ride as well. Problem is, never in town!

Your kit sounds like fun! You guys probably think it's a crotch rocket ( I don't care either way), but I've got a Bandit 1200 with some goodies on it. Plan on an intake cam early this year, hoping to get a big bore kit on it as well later on. Crossing my fingers for 140ish hp, we'll have to see.

James

James are you off week days or only week ends. Thinking of a short run on thursday. Fountain Hills to tortilla flats.Or any one else wants to go.

The Ben
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I would love to if my wife whom I like to refer to as satan would buy off on me getting another bike

amber.hodge
01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
:smilielol5:
Ben verified he was spelling Satan right and I asked him "why, are you telling people I'm Satan again because I won't let you get a bike"......LOL

See - wives know everything!!! :devilish:

samdog3
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
:smilielol5:
Ben verified he was spelling Satan right and I asked him "why, are you telling people I'm Satan again because I won't let you get a bike"......LOL

See - wives know everything!!! :devilish:

YOU ARE SO SWEET, MISS SATAN :aagh:

vwkaferman
01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm off weekends, when I'm home. I'm having fun in the cold and rain over in Maryland, over the weekend flying to Massachusetts, back home middle of next week but have to work during.

One of these days! I know I said it before, careful on that road. It's horrible all the way up to Tortilla flat. Ran it a few weekends ago, SEVERAL times both tires slipped out about 6 inches because of gravel, EVERYWHERE.

Have fun!

James

samdog3
01-07-2009, 07:35 PM
joe,
i don't know what it costs to upgrade to the screamin' eagle 95 inch kit but i bought my road king with it. the guys with the fi twin cam 88's are getting close to 50mpg, so they say. i get about 33 mpg on my road king with the 95 inch kit and carb. i can't tell the difference in performance from a stock 99+ road king other than i have a little more low end grunt. i would much rather have fi and get better mileage, and not have my carb chit out at 7000 ft.

I have never had any carb problems . This will be my 3 bike in az . no problems with any of them.

chopped7
01-08-2009, 07:36 AM
mine only has problems at really high altitudes, like 7-8k ft. most of the guys on that run had issues on the pass with their carbs. i guess it can be tuned to run fine at those altitudes but since my bike rarely sees them, i just leave it alone and feather the throttle a little when it's not getting enough air.

the other bad thing is emmisions. i have to get my carb tuned to pass, then put it back after. i thought az was passing a law that motorcycles wouldn't have to go through emissions anymore but i just got my renewal notice and it said emmisions test required.

samdog3
01-08-2009, 09:13 AM
mine only has problems at really high altitudes, like 7-8k ft. most of the guys on that run had issues on the pass with their carbs. i guess it can be tuned to run fine at those altitudes but since my bike rarely sees them, i just leave it alone and feather the throttle a little when it's not getting enough air.

the other bad thing is emmisions. i have to get my carb tuned to pass, then put it back after. i thought az was passing a law that motorcycles wouldn't have to go through emissions anymore but i just got my renewal notice and it said emmisions test required.

I just had my emmisions in Sep. Have you had it dyno tuned?

chopped7
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
no, i haven't had it dyno tuned. where can you get that done besides a harley shop. i hate giving those thieves my money.

samdog3
01-08-2009, 03:06 PM
no, i haven't had it dyno tuned. where can you get that done besides a harley shop. i hate giving those thieves my money.

It only takes 2 hours / $75 hour x2= $150 for a good running bike. Other shops also D Tune. Its worth the price

samdog3
01-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Chesters is vary good. they will not f/// you