PDA

View Full Version : Truck broken into this morning.

Simon@4Wheeler's Supply
12-22-2008, 07:05 AM
This is not your normal broken into thread. I GOT HIS PLATE NUMBER!!! Walked out to my truck this morning and noticed my running lights are on. Opened the door and noticed my Sirius radio it gone with wires hanging. OH CRAP. I look into the back seat where all my work tools are and they are still there. WOW. I'm pissed so I walk back into the house to tell my wife to find my Sirius paperwork so I can call them. I walk back out to the truck and notice right across the street a HUGE mexican dude 6'6" 300lb+ with a flash light looking into the windows of my neighbors cars with a gold station wagon in the middle of the street running. How stupid can they be to go down the street and work there way back up the other side. I grab my ax from the corner of the garage and start walking towards them. I say (Can I help you?) The big dude says(Um no.) and dives into the car. I write the plate number and car discription and call Mesa's finest. Give them the info. I had to leave for work. My wife calls me and says the police are coming down to finger print my truck because they know who it is. Cross your fingers. This time Justice might be served!!

don_tlr
12-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Glad to see you got his plate and the ****er will be taken in.

How stupid is he to steal a Sirius radio, its basically worthless since you have to give serial numbers off the unit to activate it..

lamanite480
12-22-2008, 07:29 AM
i would have Paul Bunyan'd the F out of him!!!

Glenn4ws
12-22-2008, 08:09 AM
i would have Paul Bunyan'd the F out of him!!!

I imagine Simon probably looked like Paul Bunyan in his jean shorts, wool socks, boots and flanel shirt, at least that was the normal winter attire while working here :)

Glad to hear you were able to help identify the scum though Simon, good job :fashizzle:

mingoglia
12-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah, never understood while people will steal Sirius...unless there's some way to reserialize it that I'm not aware of, it's worthless.

Jdemonto
12-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Sorry to hear Simon, Too bad he took off so fast maybe you could hace taken off a arm or leg!

Jason

don2222222
12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I woulda' at least taken out one of his windows...

AZredneck1862
12-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I grab my ax from the corner of the garage and start walking towards them. I say (Can I help you?) The big dude says(Um no.) and dives into the car.

that was a great touch kudos

ArizonaSunshine
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
What timing. Glad you got license #.

Simon@4Wheeler's Supply
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Mesa P.D. is dusting my truck for finger prints right now. Of course I'm such a dope. I drove it to work instead of driving my wifes car. I never even thought about finger prints. I'm sure I wiped out half of his prints. They are really going all out.

p.s. They just came in and said the got 2 good prints. Cross your fingers.:)

JamesT
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
What a mess, that power is.

I hope they get him.

You should have axed one of his tires.

Digger
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Any update on the prints, Simon?

ArizonaXJ
12-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Simon it looks as though we need to chip in and get you a sidearm........alot better than an axe!

"Can I help you" could be replaced with "hold it right there you no good rotten POS. Move and you'll be shaking hands with whoever you call God"...or one of my favorites: "move and you'll be going to the morgue and I'll be going back to prison"..

Good job on the plate # and glad to hear that they got 2 good prints.....

Looking forward to hear how this all works out.....

A nice big bowl of justice for Christmas!!!!!

lancetkenyon
12-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Glad you did not go vigalante on him. Too many people say they would, but in reality, of course they would not. Too much bluster, and absolutely NOT worth going to jail over. Great job on the plate # though, hope he gets his comeuppings in the end.......not a "Fruedian slip" either. I mean literally and figuratively.

Mike M
12-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Too bad about the damage to your truck, but it sure must feel good to have caught the guy and stopped him from getting into your neighbor's vehicle. And, good to hear he didn't get your tools. Good job...

Simon@4Wheeler's Supply
12-23-2008, 06:43 AM
No word yet. The officer said they know who the 2 guys are. They must be collecting more evidence. I grabbed the ax for defence purposes only. There were 2 of them and I was not about to risk it. The funny thing is we are getting new carpet put in next week so every gun I own is in the garage. (except my Glock:)) All my shot guns were laying right there and I grab a ax.:aagh: Oh well it's for the best. They were not even on my property. Also it all happened in about a 3 second period. No time to think.

Digger
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
I am so glad you didn't reach for the iron (or plastic nowadays), because even if the person defending themself is in the right, the long legal road to form the conclusion is so very taxing on the mind and soul.
No dought, you approached the situation the best way possible given the fact they were not on your property. :drummer: Kudos to you for getting the plate#!!! :drummer:
:)

GRUNT
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
The ax was a better choice than the shotguns. When people see others with weapons, an avoidable scenario get automatically escalated.

Glad you got the plate and the shat-bags will be caught. Times are tough, petty crime is going up in the burbs in the QC according to the deputy I spoke with. :(

Digger
12-23-2008, 09:08 AM
not to be a , er, a, trouble maker or nothin :angel:.. but we are all alerted to a gold station wagon...cough, cough,... didn't catch that plate # though.

:aagh: what the heck Rubee..get off that keyboard... we ain't allowed to ask such information, bad doggie, Rubee, bad doggie!
:angel:
:baby: Rubee is still just a baby, excuse her good intentions, please

mingoglia
12-23-2008, 09:11 AM
The ax was a better choice than the shotguns. When people see others with weapons, an avoidable scenario get automatically escalated.

Glad you got the plate and the shat-bags will be caught. Times are tough, petty crime is going up in the burbs in the QC according to the deputy I spoke with. :(

I don't know, a bare chested Simon wearing a santa's hat wielding an over under shotgun in each hand would have certainly got the job done. :party2:

TRLR8TDTJ
12-23-2008, 10:32 AM
When my wife's truck got broke into couple years ago, they had them on camera, and got plate number. She called the detective like every week for like 2 months and they kept saying they were working on it. She said you have them on camera and plate number. What is there to work on. They said they were too busy to waste time to go arrest them for damages to her car. She tried to get their names so we could just sue them for the damages, and they would not release the info to her. I was pretty disappointed in the system if they have them on camera and plate number, and they still did nothing to put the dirtbags in jail. It was like $2000 dolars in damages to the vehicle, and they got away with nothing but her homework.

Kyle

mingoglia
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
When my wife's truck got broke into couple years ago, they had them on camera, and got plate number. She called the detective like every week for like 2 months and they kept saying they were working on it. She said you have them on camera and plate number. What is there to work on. They said they were too busy to waste time to go arrest them for damages to her car. She tried to get their names so we could just sue them for the damages, and they would not release the info to her. I was pretty disappointed in the system if they have them on camera and plate number, and they still did nothing to put the dirtbags in jail. It was like $2000 dolars in damages to the vehicle, and they got away with nothing but her homework.

Kyle

That's really disappointing to hear Kyle. I would think there would be someone else you could escalate this story to? Like one of the news channels, or write a letter with a delivery receipt to someone higher up?

rosco
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
This is not your normal broken into thread. I GOT HIS PLATE NUMBER!!! Walked out to my truck this morning and noticed my running lights are on. Opened the door and noticed my Sirius radio it gone with wires hanging. OH CRAP. I look into the back seat where all my work tools are and they are still there. WOW. I'm pissed so I walk back into the house to tell my wife to find my Sirius paperwork so I can call them. I walk back out to the truck and notice right across the street a HUGE mexican dude 6'6" 300lb+ with a flash light looking into the windows of my neighbors cars with a gold station wagon in the middle of the street running. How stupid can they be to go down the street and work there way back up the other side. I grab my ax from the corner of the garage and start walking towards them. I say (Can I help you?) The big dude says(Um no.) and dives into the car. I write the plate number and car discription and call Mesa's finest. Give them the info. I had to leave for work. My wife calls me and says the police are coming down to finger print my truck because they know who it is. Cross your fingers. This time Justice might be served!!
Hey Simon not sure if you still live right across from Red mountain high but the other night i was at my friends house and her dads old 56' ford pick up got egged and we were driving around and about 20 other more cars we saw got egged and someones xmas decorations got stolen

NVRSTUKTJ
12-23-2008, 02:45 PM
a number of years ago, my wife's car was broken into at work....they broke the steering column and were getting ready to drive away when Tempe's finest caught them.....what a grea job I thought at the time.....until I got a letter from the city attorney stating that they were not pressing charges against the 3 dirt bags due to entrapment.....the reason the cops were "johnny on the spot" was that THEY had given the screwdriver used in the attempted theft to one of said dirtbags, then just sat back and watched while they caused over 1600.00 in damage to the car......response from the CA when asked about who was going to pay for damages: here is their names/addresses/phone numbers....since they're all juveniles, you can go after the parents

I never did, but I did get restitution, in a manner of speaking......and I'll just leave it at that.....

Henthorn
12-23-2008, 06:33 PM
despite all the legal consequences....

Sometimes people need thier F---ING teeth kicked in, a good ol' kirby would be appropriate.

flyingwen
12-24-2008, 01:31 PM
I am surprised that they took the time to finger print your car. My jeep was broken into last April, my purse, passport, everything gone and a trail of my SE business cards led right up the door of a house that the police had had under watch for drug activity. (I live in a nice neighborhood by the way). The Mesa officer refused to finger print saying the didn't do that anymore.

After a 10K charge bill, they still did not catch the guy.

I'd love to hear how this turns out. Good luck!

Stomper
12-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Glad to hear the wheels of justice are turning!!

AZLugz
12-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear of the damage but great job!!

AZredneck1862
12-28-2008, 11:15 PM
any updates at all???

tomfooshee
01-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Should have called Sheriff Joe.

I am surprised that they took the time to finger print your car. My jeep was broken into last April, my purse, passport, everything gone and a trail of my SE business cards led right up the door of a house that the police had had under watch for drug activity. (I live in a nice neighborhood by the way). The Mesa officer refused to finger print saying the didn't do that anymore.

After a 10K charge bill, they still did not catch the guy.

I'd love to hear how this turns out. Good luck!