PDA

View Full Version : Help, PLEase

Digger
12-19-2008, 03:02 PM
If anyone could give me a hand with this,.. I think it's a heater hose valve or something like that, can't find it in my jeep repair book. Where can I get one, hopefully somewhere besides a dealer cause they are alll about to close I bet. I just started my vacation and white xj is down with broken unibody frame again,, now my blue xj is leaking coolant to bad to drive it.. please help.
with most bestest cheesy smile.... I have Dos Equis and shrimp to offer for help....oh PLEASE says Diesel... Rubee says pweez help (she lost her front baby teeth can say "L" real good. 602 920-2763 please
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff310/DigsPics/misc%20pics/valve.jpg

urbex
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM
It's called a heater control valve. It's only purpose is to cut off coolant flow to the heater core when you don't have the heater on. A lot of vehicles don't even have them from the factory. I just bypassed it when mine blew earlier in the year. If you need a replacement, Autozone has them for $18.49, part number 5941.

Digger
12-19-2008, 03:52 PM
thank you for the reply! Shane called me and told me how to bypass it. Also called check and they have the valve for $26. I'll call autozone see if they have one for my year. they might be a bit more than the one you would have to get... your xj is an 80's something right?
Anyway thank you!! you and Shane ROCK! if you ever need a lift or somrthing I might be able to help with don't hesitate! 602 920-2763

urbex
12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah, mine is an '87. When I checked Autozone's web page, I used '91 as a year, as I thought that's what you said your blue one was. I just eliminated mine permanently, as I wanted one less possible point of failure, as in the grand scheme of things, it really don't make a huge amount of difference in cabin temps.

amber.hodge
12-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Also check Napa auto parts. We usually do Auto Zone because we get a 15% military discount there.

Digger
12-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone for your response and information!

Digger
12-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Well as jeep repairs go.... it ain't that smooth. The hoses have to be replaced the plastic from the heater controler valve had binded with the hoses. having a time finding the hoses at parts store this morning. will have to buy a length of hose and cut to size I suppose.
Well it might be morning before I set rubber in Wickenburg... my doggies are all sitting at my feet watching me waste valueable outbacking time typing. ....now they got my pant legs and are dragging me away from pc... darn doggies,.....

Digger
12-20-2008, 01:02 PM
so I called Nappa the last minute they said yes they have hoses I need... what a joke, the hoses they sold me are wrong and way over priced. i'm taking them back, in the mean time I have a set from a 95 xj, I can cut them to fit and use the middle of one of the old long hoses cut to fit a shorter pc I need. Nappa, is suppose to have a reputation of knowing the parts business well, guess I was lucky enough to get an air head to wait on me...raspberries to you guys at Nappa...baaa Nappa what a waste of time, they should re-emburs me for my time and milage, humm let me see that along would add to $50.. Nappa you jerks!!!

Digger
12-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Jamie, you reading this? Looks like I'll be heading to Wickenburg in the morning

ob1jeeper
12-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Jamie, you reading this? Looks like I'll be heading to Wickenburg in the morning
Talked to Aaron a 1/2 hour ago... They were already out in the canyon... Pulling some Hummer or something which was stuck...:aagh:

Digger
12-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I wonder if Aaron is wearing his flip flops tonight.
I'm struggling with 1 hose still, about ready to open a beer and throw a match into the engine compartment of the jeep.

Digger
12-20-2008, 05:30 PM
If you are still able to reach them, let them know I'm still having trouble. I hope to make it in the mornin, but I'm about wore out...tryin to get this jeep running

Digger
12-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I finished last night, thanks for letting me talk this through with typed words..it helped. I now realize just how important it is to have the right bends in hoses to make them fit, My advise to anyone going to purchase a replacement hose that is in tight area and must curve to fit "bring the old hose with you to match it up at parts store" cause straight hose don't bend without pinching shut.
And don't let your work place (job) haught you, while your working on something unfamiliar.
Even though I'm in a hurry to get out the door and head to wickenburg, I felt a need to Thank all who called and helped with advise. You guys Rock.
My Digger dog seems to be sick this morning, won't eat and won't get out of bed. Hope she feels better within an hour when I'll be ready to leave for wickenburg.

grateful
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Nanc - Hope your weekend came out great....Digger ok?
smiles, karen

Digger
12-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi Karen! I made it to Wickenburg about noon yesterday. Digger is fine now, and the doggies had way to much fun playing in the sand and creek! Watching them doggies having that much fun is the "best medicine" that money can't buy!
My right arm is sore from working on jeep. The hardest thing about working on it is being able to position myself so I can reach and still have balance. I need a harness on a crane, so I can hover over engine compartment! ha ha ha

grateful
12-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Totally understand...Last time I worked on a water pump, leaning over the front, bruised me up badly...need ladders and cranes!
Glad to hear that Digger is doing well! Thought to run up Wickenburg way for the day after Christmas, but not sure yet....you around?

Digger
12-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Yep, plannin on Wickenburg that Friday! So much to explore, Aaron and Jamie are great guides. Last weekend we went exploring some old homestead sights, they learned how to pan for gold and use a Metal Detector. We went looking for a cave near a volcanic area, but it dark. Don't know if I'll have the whire xj back by then, but the blue 96 isn't having any problems making through the Outbacks of Wickenburg. let me know as Friday approaches Karen.:)

grateful
12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
One day trip? or are you camping?

Digger
12-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Camping!!!