PDA

View Full Version : Jeepjackings

hnelson
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Here is a news article for Arizona Jeep owners via Associated Press.

Sheriff, police in Tucson warn of Jeep carjackings

Associated Press
December 12, 2008

TUCSON - A rash of carjackings in the Tucson area where suspects targeted Jeep vehicles has led to a warning from area law enforcement officers.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department and Tucson police say there have been two successful carjackings and one failed attempt since Tuesday in northwest Tucson.

In all three cases, two men followed the driver of a Jeep home and one man
confronted the victims when they pulled into their driveways. Two green Jeep Wranglers were stolen.

In the third case, the victim ran into his house and the suspects fled without
his silver and black Jeep.

The sheriff's office says to be alert and not to drive home if you believe
someone is following you. Instead, drive to a well-lighted, crowded area like a store and call 911 for help.

urbex
12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
checking....yep, sidearm still packed full of JHP....bring it on, *******es! Plus, with the kill switch in the Jeep, it will give me a few seconds for precise shot placement while they search for it :smug:

jhoward
12-12-2008, 04:20 PM
From the Pima County Sheriff (http://safelink.pimasheriff.org/custom/safelink/Details.aspx?EventID=1815)

Carjacking
December 12, 2008

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department in conjunction with the Tucson Police Department is investigating a rash of carjackings in the northwest area of Tucson. The Pima County Sheriff’s Department has had one successful carjacking and one attempted carjacking. The Tucson Police Department has had one successful carjacking. These crimes have occurred between December 9, 2008, and December 12, 2008.

Deputies from the Foothills District responded to a carjacking in the 3600 blk. of West Stony Point Court (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=32.37859&lon=-111.042453&zoom=15&q1=3600%2520West%2520Stony%2520Point%2520Court%252 C%2520tucson%252C%2520az). Two suspects followed a man back to his residence and as he pulled into his driveway, they approached him with a gun and forced him to the ground before stealing his vehicle. The victim’s vehicle is a green Jeep Wrangler bearing Florida License Plate number Q376RT.

Deputies from the Foothills District responded to a carjacking in the 6900 blk. of N. Asterion Lane (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=32.333155&lon=-111.035878&zoom=16&q1=6900%2520N.%2520Asterion%2520Lane%252C%2520tucs on%252C%2520az). Two suspects followed a man to his residence. As the victim was pulling into his driveway, one of the suspects got out of a Honda Accord, possibly blue in color, and pointed a gun at him. The suspect told the victim to give him the keys to the vehicle. The victim ran inside his residence and called 911. The victim’s vehicle is a silver/black Jeep. It was not stolen and the suspects were gone when deputies arrived.

The Tucson Police Department responded to a carjacking in the 300 blk. of W. Elm. Two suspects followed a woman back to her residence. As she pulled into the carport, she was approached by a suspect with a handgun. The suspect ordered her vehicle keys from her and drove away in her green Jeep Wrangler bearing New Jersey License Plate number PNUT89. Another suspect was waiting in another vehicle.

The suspects are believed to be the same in both cases. They are described as Hispanic males. One of the males is described as 5’10” weighing approx. 180 lbs. with a stocky build, and short hair. The other male is described as being thinner than the first suspect with longer hair. Both suspects were in their late 20’s.

It appears as if these suspects are predatory and are working primarily in the northwest area; following victims home. They also appear to prefer Jeep Wrangler and/or Jeep made vehicles.

Bilt4Comfort
12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
checking....yep, sidearm still packed full of JHP....bring it on, *******es! Plus, with the kill switch in the Jeep, it will give me a few seconds for precise shot placement while they search for it :smug:

Yup...bring it.

RokNRich
12-12-2008, 05:49 PM
The suspects are believed to be the same in both cases. They are described as Hispanic males. One of the males is described as 5’10” weighing approx. 180 lbs. with a stocky build, and short hair. The other male is described as being thinner than the first suspect with longer hair. Both suspects were in their late 20’s.

It appears as if these suspects are predatory and are working primarily in the northwest area; following victims home. They also appear to prefer Jeep Wrangler and/or Jeep made vehicles.

Heads up to our Tuscon buddies !

SavageSun4x4
12-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey, I got a green Jeep and its a Rubicon too...anyone want to ride SHOTGUN :skull: down to Tucson and just cruise:aagh:

mingoglia
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey, I got a green Jeep and its a Rubicon too...anyone want to ride SHOTGUN :skull: down to Tucson and just cruise:aagh:

I was thinking the same thing Don. I've been carjacked once when I was a naive punk... not it's time for some payback. :fashizzle:

06GrnRubi
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Anyone else notice that both of the vehicles stolen had out-of-state plates? Coincidence or are they targeting snowbirds?

f5driver
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
These knuckleheads pick a easier demographic to target than jeep owners. I'd guess they'll end up hurtin'n by picking on the wrong hombre soon enough.

probable cause
12-12-2008, 10:10 PM
i've got texas plates i'm down.

Jdemonto
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Hmm......can't wait til someone tries they may pull back a bloody stump where there hand used to be.

Jason

skeeter
12-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Don, I'm your shotgun man. Name the date.

ArizonaXJ
12-15-2008, 12:20 PM

Let's saddle up and ride Don.....I'd love to get a hold of these hooligans.
teach then a lesson in respecting their elders!