PDA

View Full Version : Mills Mall @ Claim Jumpers. POS strikes again.

HvyHau8272
11-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Normaly we would have had dinner at my house for Thanksgiving....but my wifes Grandmother past away last night and the family is pretty upset. Due to this and not wanting to cook we went out to Claim Jumpers at the Mills Mall for dinner tonight and met most of the family there.

As I opened the door of my DD Pickup to go home I notice the the steering colum is in pieces and laying on the floor. Some SOB tried to steal my truck while we were eating but was unsucessfull. They did not take anything of value to them but they did get my house keys and alot of other keys. I had a bill sitting on the console of the truck with my home address on it. Thats the BS part of it now.....I wont sleep tonight untill I get the house locks changed tomorrow.

All in all it will probaly cost me a grand or so to changes locks, fix truck, and have numerous other things re-keyed since the POS has all my keys and I had no copies to most of them. I do still have my truck though (Needs Repairs) and the family is safe.

Jdemonto
11-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Normaly we would have had dinner at my house for Thanksgiving....but my wifes Grandmother past away last night and the family is pretty upset. Due to this and not wanting to cook we went out to Claim Jumpers at the Mills Mall for dinner tonight and met most of the family there.

As I opened the door of my DD Pickup to go home I notice the the steering colum is in pieces and laying on the floor. Some SOB tried to steal my truck while we were eating but was unsucessfull. They did not take anything of value to them but they did get my house keys and alot of other keys. I had a bill sitting on the console of the truck with my home address on it. Thats the BS part of it now.....I wont sleep tonight untill I get the house locks changed tomorrow.

All in all it will probaly cost me a grand or so to changes locks, fix truck, and have numerous other things re-keyed since the POS has all my keys and I had no copies to most of them. I do still have my truck though (Needs Repairs) and the family is safe.

Sorry to hear, I have a fealing that more crime will happen like this and robberies etc due to people losing their jobs and getting desperate.
Change all the locks and be carefull.

JD

Detention
11-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear, I have a fealing that more crime will happen like this and robberies etc due to people losing their jobs and getting desperate.
Change all the locks and be carefull.

JD

X2

Digger
11-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Shane, I hope you and yours stay safe!!! Sounds like you need to borrow a dog or two.:)
but really Shane, sorry to hear of your misfortune, keep your family safe, who knows what the guy might try.

My Green Jeep
11-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your families loss... if you need help with anything..
please... just let us know ...

GRUNT
11-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Shane, sorry to hear this. I can come over with beer and a rifle or 2 and we can wait, they will come. My wife said the Mills is supposedly opening early for Black Friday. I told her it would be a cold day in hell before she went there. It's proximity to South Phx, Guad and the freeway have made it a crime/thug haven. It is unfortunate to see it turn to crap, it was nice at one time and I grew up near there in Ahwatukee... :(

Again, I am sorry to hear about this but am glad your family is safe!

urbex
11-27-2008, 08:42 PM
up to about 1.5 years ago I was living in the apartments at Mill/60 (SW corner)....one of my neighbors got her Accord stolen twice out of the parking lot there, and it seemed like there was always some violent crime happening at the apartments on the NW side of the 60 there. Funny thing was that I used to routinely forget to put the t-tops back on the Camaro at night there, and never had a problem...not even loose change getting stolen out of the console, even one of the nights that the Accord sitting in the next spot over got stolen. Still never really felt safe around there though. Last couple of times I went to the Mills, it seemed like ghetto central around there....thankfully there's nothing in that place that can't be had somewhere else.

RubiJk
11-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Thats too bad. Sorry to hear this Shane. At my last house, I was working up stairs and saw some punk kids pulled up, one got out, and looked in the back of my Suburban that was parked in the driveway. The one gave the "thumbs up" sign to the driver then got back in and took off. It was obvious that they were eyeballin' my stereo equipment and gear in the back of the Sub, and were planning on coming back one night to do the job. For the next 3 nights, I put a sign on the back window of my suburban and said... "I have your plates you punks. There is a camera on you right now. I own several guns and am not afraid to shoot to protect myself and my property. You best just leave this one alone!" I was hoping it would just work as a deterrent. So... put a sign on your doors and say that you are sitting inside with your gun waiting for the punk who stole your keys to stop by! Maybe it would make the guy think twice before coming in... At least it couldnt hurt. Good luck man...

HvyHau8272
11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your families loss... if you need help with anything..
please... just let us know ...

Thanks Rox I appriciate it.

Shane, sorry to hear this. I can come over with beer and a rifle or 2 and we can wait, they will come. My wife said the Mills is supposedly opening early for Black Friday. I told her it would be a cold day in hell before she went there. It's proximity to South Phx, Guad and the freeway have made it a crime/thug haven. It is unfortunate to see it turn to crap, it was nice at one time and I grew up near there in Ahwatukee... :(

Again, I am sorry to hear about this but am glad your family is safe!

Now that sounds like a plan. I like the beer part even though I dont drink....per say anyway i dont think 6 beers in a year qualifies as drinking does it? :laugh2::) :)

Thats too bad. Sorry to hear this Shane. At my last house, I was working up stairs and saw some punk kids pulled up, one got out, and looked in the back of my Suburban that was parked in the driveway. The one gave the "thumbs up" sign to the driver then got back in and took off. It was obvious that they were eyeballin' my stereo equipment and gear in the back of the Sub, and were planning on coming back one night to do the job. For the next 3 nights, I put a sign on the back window of my suburban and said... "I have your plates you punks. There is a camera on you right now. I own several guns and am not afraid to shoot to protect myself and my property. You best just leave this one alone!" I was hoping it would just work as a deterrent. So... put a sign on your doors and say that you are sitting inside with your gun waiting for the punk who stole your keys to stop by! Maybe it would make the guy think twice before coming in... At least it couldnt hurt. Good luck man...

Thats funny, that idea (Signs) has crossed my mind before.

OlneyJeeps
11-28-2008, 08:06 AM

Sorry to hear of your misfortune
Changing / Rekeying locks: home depot does for $10 per lock or you can buy the kit they sell (about $10) and do them all yourself... I brought in one of my locks and the lock guy took the time to show me how to do it (no charge for lesson...very impressed)... very very easy

Erich
11-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Thats funny, that idea (Signs) has crossed my mind before.

Yea they sound like a good idea unless the bad guy in question is armed himself. Kinda ruined any element of surprise, and he is gonna be trigger happy, cuz he is now expecting you (or anyone in your house) to be packing....
My Dad taught me to walk softly and carry a big stick, then they never see it coming..
Just food for thought..

lamanite480
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
just a heads up HvyHau8272, where this incident occured, Priest & Baseline, just south of AZ Mills Mall, there is a small Town that harbors illegals. this town is called Guadalupe.
so if they were successful, my first look would be there.

HvyHau8272
11-28-2008, 12:22 PM
just a heads up HvyHau8272, where this incident occured, Priest & Baseline, just south of AZ Mills Mall, there is a small Town that harbors illegals. this town is called Guadalupe.
so if they were successful, my first look would be there.

Thanks I just got back from there....driving around to see if I could find my keys they took out of my truck.

The dealership wants $653.83 to fix my truck.....what a bunch of BS. I guess I'm fixing it myself now.

OlneyJeeps
11-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks I just got back from there....driving around to see if I could find my keys they took out of my truck.

The dealership wants $653.83 to fix my truck.....what a bunch of BS. I guess I'm fixing it myself now.

contact arizona tilt (number in here somewhere for tilt repair thread)
or PM me make model year and I'll see what I can get shroud repair kit

jay simmons
11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
sorry to hear about your families loss, glad to hear you still have your truck, good luck

RubiJk
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM

You probably found a few keys that looked just like yours?!? :smug:

grateful
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow, that really bites. I'm sorry about your grandmother, as well as the keys and damage.

kate
12-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Hey!
I'm brand new here and while skimming through the board ran across your post.
Man, I'm sorry to hear about what happened.
Your comprehensive coverage should cover this damage. Likely a lower deductible than the cost of repairs and comp claims do not usually raise your rates.

K.