PDA

View Full Version : Bike Ride # 3

samdog3
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Sun the 16 Fountain hills to Tortilla Flat. Days are getting short so a short run
under 100 miles. time 9.00am place shell on shea in Fountain Hills.

Lots of curve to the Flat

JeepPunk
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds good to us. We will see you at 9 on Sunday.

samdog3
11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Bike ride to tortilla flats sun the 16th

vwkaferman
11-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Good run, my stomping grounds as it's relatively close to the house.

Things to watch out for on that tight road is mainly gravel spit up from the boaters running wide. I've noticed last time I was out there, after the 2nd one lane bridge it seems to gather in the middle of the lane almost all the way to the Flat.

The extra few miles past Tortilla flat is really fun. Run it up until the dirt. Lots of blind corners, some of which can sneak up on you REAL quick if you're not paying attention. I actually like it better after Tortilla Flat. No boats, minimal traffic. Just have to watch for the occasional rock in the first few turns after passing the water crossing (right after Tortilla). I think big trucks go through there and clip the rocks on those first few curves and it gets in the road.

Bring your camera. Wish I was in town, I'd have to do this one with you guys. Have fun!

James

samdog3
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Sounds good to us. We will see you at 9 on Sunday.

GOOD GLAD YOU'RE COMING. This will be the last post from me, for bike rides. I have been watching vary close on bike 2 and 3 every time I post for bikes.
it seams like new post list disappear completely with out the page being full Then up comes a new list with 2 or 3 post. But yet some times there is 2 or 3 pages of new post. And the bike rides are never on the list.

SAMDOG3///JOE