PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Strawberry AZ?

TERRIERjeep
10-02-2008, 01:49 AM
thought there was a reservoir around there but didnt see it on mapquest.

so where is the closest spot? we are looking to hit a fishing hole saturday morning then go to the bottom of fossil creek. all in one day.

thanks guys, Nick

vin man
10-02-2008, 06:44 AM
I go to Blue Ridge Reservoir. Its about 25 miles north of Strawberry. Straight up the Beeline (Route 87). 5 Miles passed Clint's Well on the right is the turnoff. It is well marked.

Beautiful place!

djui5
10-02-2008, 09:08 AM
There are lots of places to fish on the rim. I've only been to "knoll lake" but I really liked it:

http://www.paysonrimcountry.com/MountainRecreation/FishingSpots/tabid/89/Default.aspx

TERRIERjeep
10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I go to Blue Ridge Reservoir. Its about 25 miles north of Strawberry. Straight up the Beeline (Route 87). 5 Miles passed Clint's Well on the right is the turnoff. It is well marked.

Beautiful place!

thats where we plan on going, i didnt see it on map quest so i was skepticle of how to find it but i got a map now. how bout fossil creek? i know that its got a lot of regulations but still think itd be fun, we plan on going any way.

at Blue Ridge Reservoir, did you catch a lot of fish, or any?

vin man
10-03-2008, 09:03 AM
We catch fish at Blue Ridge, but you need to get there early. You need a Trout stamp to fish there.

TERRIERjeep
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
how deep? on the ground or floating couple feet up?

vin man
10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
My brother was catching them with a fly-fishing rod so it wasn't deep at all.

RubiJk
10-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Here is a great resource for fishing spots all around the state. Its a cool interactive map. It has this Blue Ridge Res on it, too. Just hover on the name of the fishing hole on the left and it identifies it on the map to the right. Zoom, switch to google maps, GPS coords, pictures, depth, size, etc... Good stuff right here. Have a great time.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/FishingLocationsMap.shtml