PDA

View Full Version : Find the 1 hour 15 minutes to watch this

TanTJJim
09-22-2008, 11:27 PM
If you've never heard of Randy Pausch, you're missing out. And unfortunately the world has missed out when this amazing man passed away earlier this year. But he did leave us with among other things, this video. You NEED to find the time to watch this. Some of you will watch it and some of you won't, such is the nature of things. Those who do should be able to honestly say this video has made their life better in one way or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

TERRIERjeep
09-23-2008, 03:20 AM
i watched it, the whole thing, the conclusion really sums it up, the last 16 mins,

brick walls dont hold you back... only the people that dont want it enough, cherish your parents, learn from people that have been there, dont complain just work hard and it will come to you, karma, feed back and listen to it, and Virtual reality is a big deal... for some reason.

any way i watched it, it was ok. made me think, which was fun but it is long and drawn out.

i did take away some advise. thank you for posting, Nick

TanTJJim
09-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, it's definitely one to watch when you have the extra time. I made the mistake of starting it when I didn't have the time to watch it but I couldn't turn it off.

To give a little background, Randy Pausch was a professor at Carnegie Mellon who passed away earlier this year due to cancer. This video was his "last lecture." It touched on so many subjects, but the overlying theme was to reach for your dreams. Watch it, you'll see the world really was a better place when this man was here, but I'm sure his kids will carry on his legacy.

TERRIERjeep
09-24-2008, 03:04 AM
its not a bad vid but as you said, when you have time.

if you enjoy lectures its great, as far as public speaking, this guy is awesome. the way he presents him self is great.:fashizzle: