PDA

View Full Version : sirius stiletto

chopped7
09-17-2008, 06:37 AM
my sirius starmate just pooped the bed after 3 years of service. there are more models available now than when i got my first one and i need to choose which one would best suit my needs [if you consider satellite radio a need]. i was just wondering if anyone has the stiletto. it's expensive but it might be worth it for the vesatility.

if anyone has this model, i have some questions about its performance. if not, this thread can just die a rapid and pain free death.

06GrnRubi
09-17-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't know anything about the Stilletto, but I have a Sportster 4 that I purchased about 7 month's ago that I'm not using anymore. I paid $116 back in early March. I was going to put it on eBay but if you're interested in it I'm sure we could work out a price that we could both live with.

terron gregg
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
call sirius and explain your problem i had the old one that the stiletto replaced and the sent me a brand new sportsmen or what ever it is its not the same as the stiletto but its free

jim0352
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Definitely call Sirius first. I had a receiver die on me so I went out and bought the Stilletto 2. When I called to activiate it, the CS rep told me they would have sent out a free replacement radio :rolleyes: As far as the Stilletto 2 goes, it's a very nice radio. I've got the home dock and have it set up to record shows at night and then I can listen to them during the day. You can add a SD card with your own music, listen to music online if you're near a wifi hotspot, and record songs as they play. Plus, it's no bigger than a cell phone. When I park the Jeep, I just throw the radio in my pocket and don't have to worry about theft.

Jim

chopped7
09-19-2008, 05:43 AM
thanks for the replys. i'm going to call sirius and see about getting a free replacement but i'm still thinking about the stiletto. i've been contemplating installing an mp3 based stereo on my harley for inside the helmets and external speakers. the speakers would just be kind of a novelty thing and only useful when parked but what the hell. all the chrome on it does nothing for the performance of the bike either.

jim, how do you go about recording songs on the stiletto. do you just have to catch them as they play them, push a button, and get what you can [like when i was a kid recording songs off the radio on cassette] or do you get the entire song you want like i tunes. do you have to pay extra for songs you record. basically, how does it all work. i know i have replay capability on my starmate but i've never figured out how to use it. i'm kind of a technology ******, i don't really even know how to record shows on my dvr. it doesn't matter though because my wife and kids have something being recorded in every time slot available.

thanks again for the heads up on free replacements. i guess it makes sense for them to give you a free radio to keep your subscription going.

jim0352
09-19-2008, 09:00 AM
You can schedule recordings even if the radio is off. As an example I like to listen to old radio shows, Twilight Zone, things like that. I check online at sirius.com to find out when they are playing and set the Stilletto to record the show. Individual songs can be recorded as they play by pressing a button. The radio has a built in buffer so even if the song has been playing and you wait to press the button, you'll get the whole song. There is no charge for the songs you record, but there is a limit to the number of songs. Off the top of my head I can't remember what that limit is though. Hope that helps

terron gregg
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
there are artist alerts as well say you like an artist you mark it and everytime the artist song comes on you will be notified