Jason
Ryan
Nomorbills
Rubyjk
RokNRich
Cliff

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)

http://www.iberostar.info/ticker/image.php?code=0XT1328e24Xk11Xs8XMoab 2009 Countdown

Jdemonto
12-10-2008, 09:35 AM
BTT

Jason

zanyzonies
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I would be up for Moab! :)

I've always wanted to wheel up there. lets see what we can make happen!

Jdemonto
12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
There's nothing like Moab!

Jason

JPCooler
12-19-2008, 03:59 AM
Vacation request submitted :)

Going to try and arrive in Moab on the 5th, wheel the 6 & 7th, and part of the 8th. Then work the show the 9th and 10th, then play it by ear.........LOL

Probably drive home on the 14th. Still working out the details, but definitely spending a week + up there this year ! I like the April date this year, March is too cold. Not sure where we are staying yet, hope to do some runs with you this year.

Can I borrow this ?

http://www.iberostar.info/ticker/image.php?code=0XT1328e24Xk11Xs8XMoab 2009 Countdown

Jdemonto
01-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Vacation request submitted :)

Going to try and arrive in Moab on the 5th, wheel the 6 & 7th, and part of the 8th. Then work the show the 9th and 10th, then play it by ear.........LOL

Probably drive home on the 14th. Still working out the details, but definitely spending a week + up there this year ! I like the April date this year, March is too cold. Not sure where we are staying yet, hope to do some runs with you this year.

Can I borrow this ?

Yeah, I searched high and low for a count down and thats the only one that seamed like a good fit!

BTT

3 months to MOAB!!!

amber.hodge
01-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Jason - We'd really like to go with you one of these years. This year you have it on the weekend that Ben actually will leave the state for his deployment and the weekend that I'm trying to arrange the jeeper convoy to see his unit off. If you do it later in the spring next year, perhaps Ben and I will both be able to go.

Have fun and we'll miss seeing you at ben's send off.

Jdemonto
01-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Jason - We'd really like to go with you one of these years. This year you have it on the weekend that Ben actually will leave the state for his deployment and the weekend that I'm trying to arrange the jeeper convoy to see his unit off. If you do it later in the spring next year, perhaps Ben and I will both be able to go.

Have fun and we'll miss seeing you at ben's send off.

It seems that I am more of a "every other year" Ejs kind of guy! So next year I do not mind planner a bit later. I just do not want to run into other Big planned runs like JU or ROF.

Jason

amber.hodge
01-04-2009, 11:57 AM
There will always be 2011 if that doesn't work out. :)

azcharlie
01-07-2009, 08:34 PM
My family and I are going to try and make this. April 7th is our anniversary and I thought this would be a nice trip for everyone.

Jdemonto
01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
My family and I are going to try and make this. April 7th is our anniversary and I thought this would be a nice trip for everyone.

Cool, Have you been to EJS before?

Jason

Allen
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I was supposed to do Moab last year and had to back out! I'm going to put in my vacation request ASAP

Jdemonto
01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I was supposed to do Moab last year and had to back out! I'm going to put in my vacation request ASAP

Yeah, you should!

Jason

azcharlie
01-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Cool, Have you been to EJS before?

Jason

I've been to Moab once, but not for the EJS.

Jdemonto
01-15-2009, 12:33 PM
EDIT I could not join www.cactus4wheelers.com I tried!

Jdemonto
01-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I'll start another thread here Jason !

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=40908

:angel:

LOL......I tried to join, they wouldn't let me!

Seems to be more interest here for this trip so Off we go to MOAB!

Attending:

Jason
Ryan
Jeepdude775
SkyPilot
RubiJK
Raincodes

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)
Bearwagon
Allen

ShortBus
01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Add me as tentative, I have to see if that is when my leave is scheduled from work, and if it is then you can count me in I would love this little vacation.

Jdemonto
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Add me as tentative, I have to see if that is when my leave is scheduled from work, and if it is then you can count me in I would love this little vacation.

Just keep in mind you need to make reservations at a place to camp or hotel ;)

Jason

Attending:

Jason
Ryan
Jeepdude775
SkyPilot
RubiJK
Raincodes

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)
Bearwagon
Allen
RoughRyderJeep1

Gary
01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Karla and I have reservations at the Slickrocks Campground arriving Sunday 4/5 departing Saturday 4/11... Plan to wheel Monday-Friday.
I do not have fenders however I see from the EJS paper this is illegal in Utah... how forgiving are the po-po during this time? I have to assume there will be several others without fenders...

1BDRUBI
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
jason mark me as tenative. i am in as long as the funds are good

Jdemonto
01-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Karla and I have reservations at the Slickrocks Campground arriving Sunday 4/5 departing Saturday 4/11... Plan to wheel Monday-Friday.
I do not have fenders however I see from the EJS paper this is illegal in Utah... how forgiving are the po-po during this time? I have to assume there will be several others without fenders...

Its not the Moab police you have to worry about, its the state police that issued all kinds of tickets last year from what I read on the forums

jason mark me as tenative. i am in as long as the funds are good

Done!

Attending:

Jason
Ryan
Jeepdude775
SkyPilot
RubiJK
Raincodes

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)
Bearwagon
Allen
RoughRyderJeep1
1BDRUBI

RubiJk
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey Jason... I'm actually a "tentative" but at about 98% sure. Just wanted to give you a heads up that there is a slight chance I might have to back out when it gets closer.

So, if we get a spot at this KOA, is there any reason to be concerned about the security of our gear left at the camp sight? I'm thinking of dragging a little trailer to carry a bunch of gear/camping equip. I dont like to camp that long without doing it "right." Any reason to worry about the trailer and gear at the KOA while we are off wheeling?

Jdemonto
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey Jason... I'm actually a "tentative" but at about 98% sure. Just wanted to give you a heads up that there is a slight chance I might have to back out when it gets closer.

So, if we get a spot at this KOA, is there any reason to be concerned about the security of our gear left at the camp sight? I'm thinking of dragging a little trailer to carry a bunch of gear/camping equip. I dont like to camp that long without doing it "right." Any reason to worry about the trailer and gear at the KOA while we are off wheeling?

Thats ok, We were there in April and we had no issues with our gear. Now this is EJS where there will be a small town formed abuot Moab, theres always a chance your gear can be stolen and messed with.

Jason

jeepdude775
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Got my trailer! Sweeeeet

Jdemonto
01-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Got my trailer! Sweeeeet

Cool, at least I know my jeep has a way home if it gets wrecked!

Jason

jeepdude775
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Yes it will be handy in many ways. Just have to fix some wiring and some odds and ends. Dovetail so you can just drive up on it

Jdemonto
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Moab is getting close, you guys ready?

Nomorbills
01-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Me and the wife will be there. Staying at Canyonlands RV. It is downtown and close to everything.
I would like to do a few runs with you. I have to pick my runs today. Just got the paper.

Jdemonto
01-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Me and the wife will be there. Staying at Canyonlands RV. It is downtown and close to everything.
I would like to do a few runs with you. I have to pick my runs today. Just got the paper.

Ok, I will add you to the list

Jason

skeeter
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
I still might go Jason. But do they have a place there that I can wash and wax my jeep ?

Jdemonto
01-31-2009, 03:07 PM
I still might go Jason. But do they have a place there that I can wash and wax my jeep ?

Yeah there is, I wash and wax my jeep after every run. Might as well look good while running the trails!:laugh2:

You better hurry and get a room they are drying up!

Jason

ShortBus
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Pending any major setbacks, I will be there this year, I already have the vacation time put in and look forward to going, have heard nothing but great things about the groups that go up there.

RubiJk
02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Jason... how does the the trail lottery and sign up through RR4W impact wheelers that are not signing up and running with the official EJS group? I have read that they close down the trails when the "official runs" are supposed to go on them. Joe at Teraflex was even telling me that they have officers closing the trail head until these groups go through them. For example, there is a Cliffhanger run for them on Sat, Mon, and Wed. They meet at 9am, then go to the trail head with their leader. Do you just have to wait until after they all get on it? Is it closed off for that day during EJS and so you just have to run it on alternating days? Here is a link to their schedule...

http://centralpt.com/upload/329/2009Paper/7693_page35_EJSafari2009.pdf

Jdemonto
02-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey Jason... how does the the trail lottery and sign up through RR4W impact wheelers that are not signing up and running with the official EJS group? I have read that they close down the trails when the "official runs" are supposed to go on them. Joe at Teraflex was even telling me that they have officers closing the trail head until these groups go through them. For example, there is a Cliffhanger run for them on Sat, Mon, and Wed. They meet at 9am, then go to the trail head with their leader. Do you just have to wait until after they all get on it? Is it closed off for that day during EJS and so you just have to run it on alternating days? Here is a link to their schedule...

I am not 100% sure I do know they are closed trails, So I will look at the link to make sure we are not in any conflict with RR4w runs.

Jason

jeepdude775
02-13-2009, 09:36 AM
good point I was wondering that also

RubiJk
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I can see it turning into lines like Disneyland getting on a ride... That wouldnt be much fun. If they are closed for certain times on certain days, I have to wonder if people line up at the entrance? Or, does this mean that those particular trails are way busy on the "off days?" I want to run some of the popular/famous trails, but not if it is a constant line of rigs going through them. Since I havent gone, I dont really know the scope of it all, and how busy it will be, etc... Which... Is why I am asking about it... :D

Jdemonto
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
I can see it turning into lines like Disneyland getting on a ride... That wouldnt be much fun. If they are closed for certain times on certain days, I have to wonder if people line up at the entrance? Or, does this mean that those particular trails are way busy on the "off days?" I want to run some of the popular/famous trails, but not if it is a constant line of rigs going through them. Since I havent gone, I dont really know the scope of it all, and how busy it will be, etc... Which... Is why I am asking about it... :D

The safari does not use every trail every day, So I will change the days of the trails if there is a conflict as I do not want to wait in a line to access a trail.

Jason

azcharlie
02-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey Jason, put me down on the tentative list. We're still going to try and make this. My wife and her friend is running in a Marathon that's in Moab around that same time. So most likely we'll be there. Thanks.

Jdemonto
02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey Jason, put me down on the tentative list. We're still going to try and make this. My wife and her friend is running in a Marathon that's in Moab around that same time. So most likely we'll be there. Thanks.

Your on the list!

Jason

Jdemonto
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM

OK, I have begun looking at trips that are planned for the dates and we will have to move them arround as I suspected. I read all the fine print and this descibles that the RR4w basicall have all day for selected trails. I figure we could run before the safari each day but I am not sure if someone will run us off? Anyone with experience here?

51. BLM permittees will have exclusive motorized
use of the following routes on a day on which
a Jeep Safari run is scheduled: Behind the
Rocks, Cliffhanger, Gold Bar Rim, Golden
Spike, Moab Rim, Poison Spider and Pritchett
Canyon. For example, if a Jeep Safari run is
scheduled on Behind the Rocks on April 7,
only Jeep Safari and other permitted motorized
vehicles can travel on this route on that date.
It is the responsibility of the Red Rock 4-
Wheelers to clearly sign and implement these
routes on those days for exclusive permitted

Jdemonto
02-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Updated Post #1 with runs without conflicts

04.04 Behind the rocks
04.05 Kane Creek
04.06 Poison Spyder Mesa/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim
04.07 Metal Masher
04.08 Hells Revenge
04.09 Rose garden hill
04.10 No run/rest hangout

Any sugestions? We can always alter them.

RubiJk
02-26-2009, 12:16 AM
At this point, I am only going to be able to commit to runs on the 6th and 7th. I really like your line up for the 6th, and dont know anything about Metal Masher... but hope it doesnt live up to its name! I'm hoping to do as many of the "better known trails" as I can, but I'm not picky. Thanks for organizing it all Jason. Hey, nobody is registering with RR4W right?

Jdemonto
02-27-2009, 10:05 PM
At this point, I am only going to be able to commit to runs on the 6th and 7th. I really like your line up for the 6th, and dont know anything about Metal Masher... but hope it doesnt live up to its name! I'm hoping to do as many of the "better known trails" as I can, but I'm not picky. Thanks for organizing it all Jason. Hey, nobody is registering with RR4W right?

I am not sure my wife can handle metal masher! Remember we need to drive our jeeps home ;) I may change that one! I am looking forward to Hells revenge and the trio on the 6th!

Jason

jeepdude775
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Damn, looks like company is cancelling my vacation for training that month. If anyone wants my campsite let me know asap. I have it reserved but will cancel. I will be going for a May Moab trip now.

Jdemonto
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Damn, looks like company is cancelling my vacation for training that month. If anyone wants my campsite let me know asap. I have it reserved but will cancel. I will be going for a May Moab trip now.

That sucks, although in may the weather will be nicer!

Jason

Jdemonto
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Heres the current attendance list, I just want to see if we are all still in on this?

Attending:

Jason
Ryan
SkyPilot
Nomorbills
Rubyjk

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)
Allen

Sky Pilot
03-06-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm still in/SkyPilot

Jdemonto
03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm still in/SkyPilot

Cool. I just want to make sure its more that me and Ryan!

Jason

RubiJk
03-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm still in... Looks like I will be a one Jeep caravan on Sun 4/5. I'll have to make arrangements to meet with you Mon morning, or Sun night if you are out grabbing a beer or something.

BearWagon
03-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I committed to going over on SavageSun, but the work schedule is not playing into my favor. It kills me to back out but maybe next time.

azcharlie
03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Jason, we're not going to be able to make it to Moab. We tried but its just not going to happen.

Jdemonto
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Jason, we're not going to be able to make it to Moab. We tried but its just not going to happen.

I understand I may have to trim the trip a bit shorter myself if we do not have many sign up

Jason

Gary
03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
So I signed up for runs and paid the $... had no idea you guys weren't participating in the EJS runs when this was posted... ***? Either way, we are now staying at the KOA (couldn't get full hook-ups at
Slickrock)... I'm sure we'll see you there. We're in site A1 or B1... I forget.

Jdemonto
03-11-2009, 10:09 PM
So I signed up for runs and paid the $... had no idea you guys weren't participating in the EJS runs when this was posted... ***? Either way, we are now staying at the KOA (couldn't get full hook-ups at
Slickrock)... I'm sure we'll see you there. We're in site A1 or B1... I forget.

Sorry I did not clarify, We did not want to participate in the EJS runs. You get 25+ jeeps sounds like sitting in 101 traffic in the morn. Anyhow you can run with us if you get bored and I will be in a cabin with Ohiotj sleeping where the dog would sleep...outside on the porch.....LOL

Jason

ohiotj
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
i would rather sleep on the porche then in the house with you.

Jdemonto
03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
i would rather sleep on the porche then in the house with you.

LOL...partime

Jason

RubiJk
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I understand I may have to trim the trip a bit shorter myself if we do not have many sign up

Jason

Jason, if you are thinking of trimming it down, which end of the trip would you cut off? As you know, I am going to be driving out Sun by myself, returning Sat...

Jdemonto
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Jason, if you are thinking of trimming it down, which end of the trip would you cut off? As you know, I am going to be driving out Sun by myself, returning Sat...

If I have enough funds I won't and being that I think I have my jetta sold that will free up much needed capital ;)

Now if I had too it would be the first 2 days Fri/Sat and just leave phoenix on sunday with you

Jason

RokNRich
03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
You guys planning on meeting somewhere in the AM for runs ?

Time and location please.

Rich

Jdemonto
03-16-2009, 11:51 PM
You guys planning on meeting somewhere in the AM for runs ?

Time and location please.

Rich

The time is posted ;)

Location? How about city market?

Jason

RubiJk
03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Cool and easy chart for which trails are being used on which days by RR4x4...

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/bullfrogspas/09%20moab%20safari/safarioverview.jpg

ohiotj
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM
cool chart, looks like hells revenge is the popular trail.

Jdemonto
03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah If you see something I missed let me know, the PS,golden spike,golden crack and goldbar rim on 04/08 has no conflicts. We are running them on the 6th which loos to be in conflict with golden spike. The issue is how they are running golden spike without running the other trails????? Theres only 2 ways in that I know of.....

Jason

Gary
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Jason,
We are leaving north Phoenix at 4am Sunday. I'll be traveling at only about 65mph... if you want to meet up to caravan, just let me know...

Jdemonto
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Jason,
We are leaving north Phoenix at 4am Sunday. I'll be traveling at only about 65mph... if you want to meet up to caravan, just let me know...

Ok, I think we may be back on for the whole trip as chrysler is coughing up more money for the sales side.

Jason

Jdemonto
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
8 Days Til Moab 2009

Jason

jeepdude775
03-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Dammit:aagh:

Jdemonto
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Dammit:aagh:

It will be warmer in May!

I just looked at the weather forcast, looks like rain on Fri,Sat and Sun.

6 Days til Moab

Jason

Sky Pilot
03-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Jason,

Given the rain, besides water in Kane Creek, do we lose all the stickiness of the red rock?

Dan

ohiotj
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I am going to have to bail outta this run. Looking at doing a JK only run a little later that month.

Jdemonto
03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Jason,

Given the rain, besides water in Kane Creek, do we lose all the stickiness of the red rock?

Dan

I really don't know, the rocks in Moab are like sandpaper.

I am going to have to bail outta this run. Looking at doing a JK only run a little later that month.

Tool

Jason

RokNRich
03-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Location? How about city market?

City Market parking lot is pretty tight now the gas station is there, McD's or the Brewery parking lot are better options, IMO

Dan

Yes. The slickrock becomes very - slick - when wet. One day of sun should dry out most of it, but when it's raining is not the time to be running some of the more technical slickrock type trails, once again, IMO. Supposed to clear up on Monday....

:ban:

Jdemonto
03-28-2009, 08:58 PM
City Market parking lot is pretty tight now the gas station is there, McD's or the Brewery parking lot are better options, IMO

Yes. The slickrock becomes very - slick - when wet. One day of sun should dry out most of it, but when it's raining is not the time to be running some of the more technical slickrock type trails, once again, IMO. Supposed to clear up on Monday....

:ban:

LOL......He was joking I think?

Ok, the brewery should be a good spot to meet@8am every Morning. Hopefully there is not much rain.

Jason

ob1jeeper
03-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Jason,
Heading up Sat AM... Looks like we'll be putting final shake-down stuff on the Chero Sat afternoon, and hopefully trying to get on some trails Sun-Fri... Will try to hook up with you guys for a run or two... See Ya there...:angel:

Jdemonto
03-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Jason,
Heading up Sat AM... Looks like we'll be putting final shake-down stuff on the Chero Sat afternoon, and hopefully trying to get on some trails Sun-Fri... Will try to hook up with you guys for a run or two... See Ya there...:angel:

Sounds good, where you wheeling the cherokee?

Jason

ob1jeeper
03-28-2009, 09:47 PM
If all turns out "OK" Saturday, we'll try taking it on some trails Sun-Fri... That said, the schedule will need to flex to fit, as to date it has yet to fire the engine and move under it's own power... Fact is, the body is not yet bolted to the Chassis...:aagh:

Jdemonto
03-28-2009, 10:58 PM
If all turns out "OK" Saturday, we'll try taking it on some trails Sun-Fri... That said, the schedule will need to flex to fit, as to date it has yet to fire the engine and move under it's own power... Fact is, the body is not yet bolted to the Chassis...:aagh:

Wow, Sounds like alot of work! See ya in Moab....

Jason

Nomorbills
03-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I will be headed up on Thursday. Get settled in and watch the circus roll into town.

Jdemonto
03-29-2009, 01:06 PM
I will be headed up on Thursday. Get settled in and watch the circus roll into town.

Where are you staying?

Jason

Nomorbills
03-29-2009, 05:03 PM
CanyonLands, in town. We made reservations last year.

Jdemonto
03-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Updated the list! Who wants to attend the Genright party thurs night (04/09)@7pm? I have passes!

Attending:

Jason
Ryan
Nomorbills
Rubyjk
RokNrich

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)

Jdemonto
03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Updated the list! Who wants to attend the Genright party thurs night (04/09)@7pm? I have passes!

Attending:

Jason
Ryan
Nomorbills
Rubyjk
RokNrich
Cliff

Tentative:

Ob1 (Steve)

BTT

Anyone else wanna go?

Jason

RubiJk
03-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm up for the Genright party! I'll have one more person with me too that is coming in on Wed.

Jason, I'll just give you a call when I get into town on Sun night. Not quite sure what time I will be able to hit the road that morning, so it could be as late as 8 or 9pm before I arrive.

If all else fails, do we have a meeting point and time for Mon morning?

I just broke down and bought new KM2's also... They'll lose their virginity on their first trail in Moab!

RokNRich
03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Planned runs:

04.06 Poison Spyder Mesa/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim

04.07 Metal Masher

These are the runs we can probably join, I'll be with my stepdad Cliff, he wheels an '03 Rubicon on 33's. PSM/GS/GBR I've ran a couple of times and will be a great warm up trail, Metal Masher I've never ran so bring it !

Almost ready:

Blingin' new axle shafts -

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/roknrich/DSC00313.jpg

Fresh Oil -

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/roknrich/DSC00317.jpg

Wax and flat black -

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/roknrich/DSC00318.jpg

What day you guys running Pritchett ?

:punk:

Jdemonto
03-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey guys here's my number so you can stay in touch with us 602-751-7382

No Prichet for me....wife would not like it!

My jeep needs a good cleaning all maintainence and mods are done.

Jason

RubiJk
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey guys here's my number so you can stay in touch with us 602-751-7382

No Prichet for me....wife would not like it!

My jeep needs a good cleaning all maintainence and mods are done.

Jason

I'll call you when I'm rolling into town. My cell # is 480-236-4129... :fashizzle:

Jdemonto
03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I'll call you when I'm rolling into town. My cell # is 480-236-4129... :fashizzle:

Sounds good

Jason

RokNRich
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
What happened to gary Renne ? I thought he was coming too ?

Jdemonto
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
What happened to gary Renne ? I thought he was coming too ?

Gary signed up for the rr4w runs, I am not sure he is running with us?

Jason

Jdemonto
04-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Anyone getting excited? I am.....

http://virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26679&stc=1&d=1238566528

RubiJk
04-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Great cabins. Do they come with a blue tick hound laying on the front porch too??

I'm stoked... but still have more things to get done on the rig and I'm quickly running out of time. :aagh:

Jdemonto
04-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Great cabins. Do they come with a blue tick hound laying on the front porch too??

I'm stoked... but still have more things to get done on the rig and I'm quickly running out of time. :aagh:

Yeah, thats what left of the Lions back area. I guess there used to be houses or trailers there and all has been moved out for condos. I have my rig pretty well dialed in, just need to clean the inside and start packing! Actually the wife has already started!!

Jason

Jdemonto
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Weather report..Snow on saturday? We are leaving in 24 hrs...

Sat
Apr 4

Rain / Snow

60%

49F

Sun
Apr 5

Mostly Sunny

10%

57F

Mon
Apr 6

Mostly Sunny

10%

67F

Tue
Apr 7

Mostly Sunny

10%

69F

Wed
Apr 8

Few Showers

30%

64F

Thu
Apr 9

Few Showers

30%

64F

Fri
Apr 10

Showers

40%

RubiJk
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Well the vendor show on Thurs and Fri could REALLY suck... too bad I'll be sitting in a OUTDOOR booth both days freezing my arse off in the rain!

RokNRich
04-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Well the vendor show on Thurs and Fri could REALLY suck... too bad I'll be sitting in a OUTDOOR booth both days freezing my arse off in the rain!

Yup, I'm outdoors this year too.....

I'll give you guys a call if I can't make the meet time Monday....my # is 602.705 69 2 3 . We're leaving sometime Sunday as well, still need to pack a few things like clothes, toothbrush, etc. I'll stop if I see you guys broke down on the side of the road on the way up......hopefully you'll do the same :)

CYA

Nomorbills
04-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Just got in to Moab last night. Canyon Lands Campground donwtown across from McDoanalds. I am in site 23. Stop by and say hello. Warm this morn 53, was suppose to rain last night, maybe had a few drops is all.

Cell # 662-3496
Bob Menegay

RubiJk
04-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Yup, I'm outdoors this year too.....

I'll give you guys a call if I can't make the meet time Monday....my # is 602.705 69 2 3 . We're leaving sometime Sunday as well, still need to pack a few things like clothes, toothbrush, etc. I'll stop if I see you guys broke down on the side of the road on the way up......hopefully you'll do the same :)

CYA

Rich Im going to be rolling out prob around 9 or 10. If you are leaving anytime around that, give me a shout and we can caravan.

Just got in to Moab last night. Canyon Lands Campground donwtown across from McDoanalds. I am in site 23. Stop by and say hello. Warm this morn 53, was suppose to rain last night, maybe had a few drops is all.

Cell # 662-3496
Bob Menegay

53 isnt bad at all... It looks like the next 2 days might get a little chillly though. I'm hoping the forecasters are wrong as usual! See ya in a few days...

Gary
04-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Karla and I are camping in KOA spot A2... we signed up for the caos but I may decide against it after the first run. Rollin in the great white dually with camper flat towing my Jeep...

katvans
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Karla and I are camping in KOA spot A2... we signed up for the caos but I may decide against it after the first run. Rollin in the great white dually with camper flat towing my Jeep...

Hey Gary

Post a lot of pics

The HCR will be in Moab from May 1 to 9

Have fun, be careful and post pics.

Nomorbills
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Snowed this morning and most of the day off and on. 3" at least. Have a pic of KOA. All snowed in.
We did Metal Masher today and it was beutiful with the snow. Pics later tonight. No problem with traction on most obsticals. Just had to bypass the worst, widow maker. Lots of mud on the road out, but NO DUST.

Nomorbills
04-04-2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/Moab_EJS_078.jpg
Metal Masher

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/Moab_EJS_007.jpg

Koa Campground

Jdemonto
04-04-2009, 09:56 PM
BTT

Check first post for trail changes and meet time changes

Jason

RubiJk
04-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Holy crap... I hope this white stuff blow outta there in a day or two! I'm leaving in the morning...

desertangel
04-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Ok I dont think my heater would have helped with the snow. Hope you guys dont freeze to bad.

ob1jeeper
04-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Holy crap... I hope this white stuff blow outta there in a day or two! I'm leaving in the morning...
Roads are clear, as is most of the Moab Valley, as of yesterday afternoon/evening... But I would suggest you dress warmly...;)

Am @ the Moab Valley Inn...:)

Gary
04-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Only took us 8 hours to get here from Phoenix... I was expecting at least 10. All the snow at the KOA is gone and things are looking dry!!
Let's wheel!!

katvans
04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Only took us 6 hours to get here from Phoenix... I was expecting at least 10. All the snow at the KOA is gone and things are looking dry!!
Let's wheel!!

Whoa, are there any tires left on the jeep?? :aagh::aagh: You probably couldn't even see it back there could you?

Glad it was a safe trip and fast too. Post pics

jeepdude775
04-05-2009, 11:36 PM
No goats on the Rez :D