PDA

View Full Version : Gee, that's funny.....

Digger
08-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I looked in the mirror, and I don't have "I'm a fool, so take my money from me" written across my forhead. The guy that was just here to work on AC gave me the impression I had such a comment stamped on my forhead.
He left out of a little unsure of how I managed to figure what he was going to charge for a "deal" on new unit with a swamp cooler installed too.
they wanted 1850 for the cooler/install. Here's how I torn down the cost to him... a swamp cooler is about $500.00 , he agreed. and the crane would be here anyway to install new AC unit..right, he agreed... coolers are nothin to install hook up to pre-existing cooler duck/stand/yadda yadda... he agreed, SO THEN I BROUGHT TO HIS ATTENTION IT WOULD TAKE AN HOUR OF LABOR FOR COOLER. he agreed... THEN I POINTED OUT THE FACT THAT THEY WOULD BE CHARGING ME $1,200 AN HOUR FOR THE LABOR, he gulped, then agreed... I told him no way am I going to pay out that kinda money, who the heck makes $1,200 an hour . the fool, so I had to tell him I have to wonder what kind of hourly wages am I going to pay to have AC installed.. he kinda was at a loss for words.. sic em girls!!!! he he he he

AZG23
08-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Desert State HVAC

Brian Cover
602 524 0150

Stand up guy.....GREAT customer service.

Bilt4Comfort
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Call Mike...I gave you his number.

Digger
08-29-2008, 07:39 PM
thanks, I'll keep these connects in mind. I'm hoping to get 1 more year out of the unit. It's only 12 years and a Train. August was a expensive month for me, Just Empty Every Pocket= gotta love them jeeps!

FrenchChili
08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Go Digger!!!

AZG23
08-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Ill tell ya this...Brian came out for mine....he came out same day..(thankfully was available) and we both thought it was the blower motor....he said lemme look before we go furhter...and said will see what the type was and if he has one he can put in if needed...

Couple minutes later, came out of the attic and said its not the motor..its just a capacitor...Now heres the thing..he EASILY could have said it was teh motor and replaced it and got more $$ out of me...but he didnt..he is trustworthy to tell ya like it is..and nothing more. He also gives a discount to www.arizonashooting.com members. ( I think it was 20% off)

Everyone on AZshooting has NOTHING but GOOD to say about his work ethic and great customer service. Just wanted to put that out there..becasue finding someone who is honest and will take care of you is rare.

Brian
08-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Digger, Good to see your power is back on...

As a small business owner I can see why people would want the $$$. I personally was raised better than that, but I can’t bring myself to do business like that first guy. I know he was just fallowing orders. That’s why I have my own company now. I couldn’t look myself in the mirror anymore. I used to work for a “HOME CENTER” doing bath remods. Holly C*#% the prices for what I did was nuts.
I am glad to see a person like Brian out there that is willing to treat people with respect and dignity. \

Kudos to Brian and Desert State HVAC for having a good work ethics.

AZdezertgirl
08-29-2008, 10:58 PM
THEN I POINTED OUT THE FACT THAT THEY WOULD BE CHARGING ME $1,200 AN HOUR FOR THE LABOR, he gulped, then agreed... I told him no way am I going to pay out that kinda money, who the heck makes $1,200 an hour . the fool, so I had to tell him I have to wonder what kind of hourly wages am I going to pay to have AC installed.. he kinda was at a loss for words.. sic em girls!!!! he he he he

way to go Digger! Joe sometimes will just hand me the phone so I can speak "our" minds! haha

:drummer:

grateful
08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Good going Nanc! Just aggravating the way that some of these service guys treat a woman....not giving us much credit. Go getum!
ps- you do ok in that storm? Thankfully I didn't lose any trees, but my neighbors did...
smiles, karen

My Green Jeep
08-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Ruufff.... go get em girl!