PDA

View Full Version : Seat Harness

autograph3
08-26-2008, 03:40 PM
It seems looking at pics, very few people use seat harness's. This weekend I am installing 3" Crow harness's with PRP High Back Comp seats. How about some input between 2" & 3" harness & why SO many people do not strap themselves in.

autograph3
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Damn it. I put it in the wrong catagory. Dear Mr Moderator, please move to the correct catagory. I am sorry about that.

Howyadoin
08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
I'll chime in as long as it's here. I run 3" harnesses in both my rigs (stock belts in my XJ though). I run Crow's in my Juggy 3x3-5 points and Simpson Platinum 3x3's in my buggy. I have no idea why people don't where their harnesses??????????? I feel completely exposed without harnesses on personally, but I've been running them a long time. I don't feel comfortable at all even with stock shoulder belts on. I think that alot more people are becoming more conscious of it due to recent accidents. I have purchased 2x2 Crow's for the back "pre-teen" PRP seats I'm installing in my Juggy for the kids because I think 3" would be very uncomfortable for them. For adults, I would certainly always recommend 3", safer and IMO more comfortable.

autograph3
08-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Thought I would add this about how to install.
http://www.sfifoundation.com/seatbelt.html

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
See lots of picks with no belts, kinda suprises me but wont happen on my runs!!!. Please wear what you got belts or harness. No excuse for not being safe!!! I run 3 inch harness and kinda would like to go to 2 inch for the shoulders or at least find some padding for them. I also run the cam lock style which I feel is the safest out there, no chance of hitting the lever with an arm and knocking it open unless you have the velcro strap holding the lever down!!

fjcarena
08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
I use to have a Brandwood desert rail and had a 5 point 3 inch harness on the drivers side and only a 4 point 2 inch harness on the passenger side. When I let my friends drive the 2 inch harness would dig into me and was uncomfortable, The 3 inch would spread the load across your body better and the 5 point helps the lap belt from riding up on you. I eventually put a 3 inch on the passenger side after I almost killed my friend while getting air on a whoops section (sorry again Tim) The 4 point belt let him flop more in the seat and he kept hitting his head on the cross bar.(no helmets). I think people dont wear them because you are pretty restricted in your movements. (what the belt is meant to do)

rockreadyyj07
08-27-2008, 10:52 AM
i just run 2 inch corbeu harnesses, i wear the lap belt while getting to the obsticle on less we are gettin it, but the shoulders go on anytime i hit something it could get tippy on. i used to have some cheap RCI one but when i rolled on the street the paramedics just them to get my wife out, we both ended up be pretty ok but they wanted to get her out not let her climb out herself. I really liked those. When i bought the corbeu's they wouldnt stay tight because of the shiny coating on them, now that they are worn in they work great.

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Remember to wear the harness on the road to and from the trails, this is where some serious damages can occur do to speeds and oncoming traffic!!!

Preaching over!

DFRacing
08-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Remember to wear the harness on the road to and from the trails, this is where some serious damages can occur do to speeds and oncoming traffic!!!

Preaching over!

Also check your belts for wear,, over time the sun get to them, they get hard ect.. should replace when looking worn. I replace mine every couple years no matter what.
Barry, I use PRP belts and the shoulder straps have the pads sewn in, very comfy:mickey:

lancetkenyon
08-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I use the Crow 2" with sewn in pads on the shoulders. Wear them all the time when I am in the Jeep. To and from and ON the trails.