PDA

View Full Version : World War 3?

militiakrawler
08-21-2008, 04:48 PM
I've got a bad feeling about what's going on in eastern europe right now.

Russias response to the US and Poland signing a defensive treaty that puts an anti-balistic missle system in place inside Poland 115 miles from Russian border worries me. The Russians say that if Poland builds US anti-balistic missle bases that "The response will go beyond diplomacy".

Couple this with the Georgian conflict, a seemingly mad dash globaly for oil and energy and who has control of it, China trying very hard to be recognised as a viable superpower, and Russia flexing its might and intimidating its former satellite countries of the old Soviet Union and acting like it did in the '60s and '70s.

Maybe my conspiratorial mind is putting the peices of the puzzle together in the wrong way but I'm not liking how the puzzle I'm putting together is turning out.

Could this be the begining of Our generations call to arms in a new world war?

What are your opinions and isights?

jeeperapril
08-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I have been watching these things going on for a month or so now, I think same as you, but when I mention our next war could be with Russia or China I get the "your so wrong" response. Folks think that USA still is the number 1 in weapons etc...well folks, not!!! and if we get 3 countries against us, well that ain't good. and last but most in my book, read the Bible, Revelations, it lines all this up folks, I have feared for about 2 years now that my small disbelief in the Armageddon will be proved wrong. I think we will be in war with other nations and soon......thats all I am going to say cause I could go on and on...but as the saying goes, CASERA CASERA, WHAT EVER WILL BE WILL BE, and I sure can't stop it!!

knockonit
08-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I have been watching these things going on for a month or so now, I think same as you, but when I mention our next war could be with Russia or China I get the "your so wrong" response. Folks think that USA still is the number 1 in weapons etc...well folks, not!!! and if we get 3 countries against us, well that ain't good. and last but most in my book, read the Bible, Revelations, it lines all this up folks, I have feared for about 2 years now that my small disbelief in the Armageddon will be proved wrong. I think we will be in war with other nations and soon......thats all I am going to say cause I could go on and on...but as the saying goes, CASERA CASERA, WHAT EVER WILL BE WILL BE, and I sure can't stop it!!

Especially true if obama has his way, he wants to downsize everything, military, weapons spending and development, destroy nuclear weapon arsenal, and want to hold hands and say cum bai ya to make the bad guys go away.
If elected he will turn the us into a second rate country, even now the asians are buying our debt at a breakneck pace, all because of our dependency on oil
The dems don't get it, remember what bubba did, he almost destroyed the us military .
just an old fat guys opinion though, try a little research you'll see i'm not far off.

jeeperapril
08-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Maybe true about Obama, but remember it is the Bush/Republicans that have been running things the last 8 years, they gotta take responsibility for where we are at today..and in this case I think it will not matte whom is president, we will be in war and the USA will be going down big time...

Desert 4x4
08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
As long as it doesnt happen till after the Airpark Jeep Jam.......:smug:....:aagh:......:skull:..

Howyadoin
08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
It is pretty hard to argue the facts......a very scary time for sure on all fronts.

Bilt4Comfort
08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Maybe true about Obama, but remember it is the Bush/Republicans that have been running things the last 8 years, they gotta take responsibility for where we are at today..and in this case I think it will not matte whom is president, we will be in war and the USA will be going down big time...

You've got to be kidding me. You should pack up and move to Canada now if you believe that. If there is a God...Canada will not have an internet connection after you arrive.

jeeperapril
08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
You've got to be kidding me. You should pack up and move to Canada now if you believe that. If there is a God...Canada will not have an internet connection after you arrive.

When I say going down, I mean in financial ways, war ways, world trade, if for one minute you think USA can not be taken down a few pegs by other nations you need to get in to reality, guns are not the only weapons you have to deal with now a days, I know you think that is the answer to all but it is not....by all it is my Friday and I am going camping for 3 days!!!

militiakrawler
08-21-2008, 06:56 PM

:)
First, let it be known I am a Conservative. If Bush and the Republican reps must be accused of anything it would be that they did not do enough to shrink the leviathan that is the federal government. In some cases you could say they helped to grow it. One administration cannot completly fix nor ruin the country. It can only move it along closer to Tyranny or to Liberty. I beleive that the country has been moving towards tyranny for about 100 years now and has only slowed down a little a few times since. And the last slow down in the race towards tyranny was in the Reagan years.

I believe the foundation for a strong powerful country that can respond to serious threats to our sovereinty is a strong Free economy unshackled by government regulation and oppresive taxes.
From this foundation the federal government can easily grow its revenue from a thriving economy and have plenty of money to spend on the National defence from foreign threats. Wich its primary concern should Always be, defending the People from foreign agressors.

:)

p.s. I try to educate my self reading articles and pdf books on mises.org
a wonderful site promoting Liberty and Free market economic principles.

sjkimmel99
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
John Mauldin's guest column this week has a good analysis of the Russian motivations and choice of timing.

http://www.investorsinsight.com/blogs/john_mauldins_outside_the_box/archive/2008/08/21/the-real-world-order.aspx

The Asian Times has diverse analysis with a non-US perspective. Some will piss you off and some you'll agree with.

http://www.atimes.com

On atimes is a commentator who goes by the name Spengler who has interesting and fairly conservative insights.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/others/spengler.html

Henthorn
08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Nope... the T-Virus and the zombies are closer at hand than ww3. :D

Just wanted to stir the pot.

And still stockpiling ammo for the zombies...

RokNRich
08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
I've got a bad feeling about what's going on in eastern europe right now.

Russias response to the US and Poland signing a defensive treaty that puts an anti-balistic missle system in place inside Poland 115 miles from Russian border worries me. The Russians say that if Poland builds US anti-balistic missle bases that "The response will go beyond diplomacy".

Couple this with the Georgian conflict, a seemingly mad dash globaly for oil and energy and who has control of it, China trying very hard to be recognised as a viable superpower, and Russia flexing its might and intimidating its former satellite countries of the old Soviet Union and acting like it did in the '60s and '70s.

Maybe my conspiratorial mind is putting the peices of the puzzle together in the wrong way but I'm not liking how the puzzle I'm putting together is turning out.

Could this be the begining of Our generations call to arms in a new world war?

What are your opinions and isights?

You left out Pakistan being taken over by the Taliban now that Musharraf is resigning.............

I agree, things could get ugly.

sjkimmel99
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Here's a good one:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/JH19Ag04.html

The fact is that all Russian politicians are clever. The stupid ones are all dead. By contrast, America in its complacency promotes dullards. A deadly miscommunication arises from this asymmetry. The Russians cannot believe that the Americans are as stupid as they look, and conclude that Washington wants to destroy them.
These perceptions are dangerous because they do not stem from propaganda, but from a difference in existential vantage point. Russia is fighting for its survival, against a catastrophic decline in population and the likelihood of a Muslim majority by mid-century. The Russian Federation's scarcest resource is people. It cannot ignore the 22 million Russians stranded outside its borders after the 1991 collapse of the Soviet Union, nor, for that matter, small but loyal ethnicities such as the Ossetians. Strategic encirclement, in Russian eyes, prefigures the ethnic disintegration of Russia, which was a political and cultural entity, not an ethnic state, from its first origins.

djui5
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
As long as it doesnt happen till after the Airpark Jeep Jam.......:smug:....:aagh:......:skull:..

I agree. Let us play first :fashizzle:

GRUNT
08-22-2008, 12:29 AM
For all that the politicians(both sides) want us to do, they have downsized the military too much and spread it too thin. It is overwhelmed with commitments and duration of deployments. Now that there are issues popping up everywhere we, as you all have mentioned, should be concerned.

Rich made a good point. With Musharraf out, the fate of Pakistan is in jeopardy. To compound that, they have nukes. They hate India, India hates them. India has Nukes...

Sooo, Israel wants to nuke Iran, Pakistan and India want to nuke eachother... Didn't Georgia used to be one of the big nuclear cells of Russia, with alot of the nuclear infastructure? Do you think they may want some of it back? I think some of our Department of Energy programs and START-II may have remove/dealt with most of it.

I don't think the RUssians will be the ones to "light things off." They have too much to loose. It will be an arab(Muslim) country for sure.

PBKing
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Red Dawn ...

joedokes28
08-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Folks think that USA still is the number 1 in weapons etc...well folks, not!!! and if we get 3 countries against us, well that ain't good. and last but most in my book, read the Bible, Revelations, it lines all this up folks.

Wow. What medications are you taking?

RandyT
08-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Wolverenes!!!!

Henthorn
08-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow. What medications are you taking?
Agreed... That must be some powerful medication.:fashizzle::aagh:

RokNRich
08-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Breaking NEWS !!!

All of the Wal-Marts across Alabama sold out of ammunition as of yesterday. A reliable source said that one of the purchasers commented that while Russia may have invaded Georgia, they sure as hell ain't doin' it to Alabama.

:angel:

chopped7
08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
Breaking NEWS !!!

All of the Wal-Marts across Alabama sold out of ammunition as of yesterday. A reliable source said that one of the purchasers commented that while Russia may have invaded Georgia, they sure as hell ain't doin' it to Alabama.

:angel:

that's funny right there. i don't care who ya are. :fashizzle:

djui5
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
that's funny right there. i don't care who ya are. :fashizzle:

hahah Love it

AZG23
08-28-2008, 01:33 PM

Im bringin a rifle! LOL..:osama:

04jeeptj
08-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Russia is now saying we started the Conflict.

CNN: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has accused the United States of orchestrating the conflict in Georgia to benefit one of its presidential election candidates.

Cave Gimp
08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Sweet! I knew BHO was planning on bringing about change, just didn't think he would go this far. :)

I love the Russians, they can tell absolute lies with a straight face. Sort of like that official in Iraq saying there were no U.S. forces in Baghdad, as the camera shows a M1A1 in the street.